C-Class (W206) 2021 to

2023 C300 tire alert

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2024, 07:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300
2023 C300 tire alert

Both front tires are around 29-30 according to the screen.
The level does increase to about 31 as I'm drinving.
It has been about 115 degrees in Vegas the last few days.
Red warning keeps showing.
1 year old. 5800 miles.
Old 07-08-2024, 07:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,850 Likes on 2,574 Posts
2019 C63CS
Help us help you by posting a picture of the warning or at least tell us what the warning says. The color of the warning isn't very helpful. I don't recall from the top of my head if the C300 has tire temperature sensors, but in principal there are two categories of warnings with TPMS. The first category is if the pressure deviates enough from the stored reference pressure and the second category is if the tires get too hot.

Tires getting too hot generally means your tire pressure is too low causing too much deflection. To avoid them from getting too hot, increase your tire pressure. Don't know what the recommended tire pressure is for the C300, but remember there's more than one. It depends on the load of the car, type of tires and speed. You find the correct recommended tire pressure on the inside of the fuel door. Pick the one that applies to your current situation such as normal load if you are only driving by yourself or full load if you are loading up the car full of passengers and cargo.

Lastly, make sure you store the correct reference pressure. Once you have adjusted your cold tires to the proper recommended tire pressure go to the Service menu and then Tires in the instrument cluster and follow the instructions to store your current pressures as the reference pressures. W/o it, you don't know what the current stored values are. Whoever adjusted the pressure and stored them last may have adjusted them to the incorrect pressure. Especially if the car has been in for service I recommend you check your tire pressures the next day, make sure they are correct and then store them as the reference pressure. Shops often adjust the tire pressures wrong unfortunately. It's why I have a standing order with my SA not to mess with my tire pressures.
Old 07-10-2024, 02:13 AM

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
2022 C300
Originally Posted by jr33
Both front tires are around 29-30 according to the screen.
The level does increase to about 31 as I'm drinving.
It has been about 115 degrees in Vegas the last few days.
Red warning keeps showing.
1 year old. 5800 miles.
What tires are you running? I believe most XL load tires (come standard on c300) need around 40psi. I keep my tires at this level and they never run too hot (around 115) after driving for a while in the LA heat.