C-Class (W206) 2021 to

Door Plastic trim rubbing paint off. Design Flaw or Assmbly flaw on my car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2024, 11:12 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 C300, 2023 C300
Exclamation Door Plastic trim rubbing paint off. Design Flaw or Assmbly flaw on my car?

So I noticed today that the door/windows trim is rubbing against the door frame, which is fine, but it took many chunks of paint off the door. Which is defintely not fine. See the area red arrow is pointing at.
This occurs on all 4 doors on my car with different level of severity. My concern is that 10 years down the line these area are probably gonna start to rust with no paint on them, and by then warranty would no longer be liable for it.
Touch up paint ain't gonna work since it will be rubbed right off pretty fast, yet to report it to a dealer, since idk what they can/will do about it.
Took deliver of the car a year ago, and no it have not been in any accidents.
Do any of your car have the same problem or is it just assembly flaw on my unit? What next step would you recommend me to take?
I assume I can apply some ppf or even tesa tape to that small area, but it won't address the damage that'a already done with the risk of being a moisture trap?

Thanks!

Old 07-12-2024, 08:04 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,465 Likes on 2,098 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by Patrck C
So I noticed today that the door/windows trim is rubbing against the door frame, which is fine, but it took many chunks of paint off the door. Which is defintely not fine. See the area red arrow is pointing at.
This occurs on all 4 doors on my car with different level of severity. My concern is that 10 years down the line these area are probably gonna start to rust with no paint on them, and by then warranty would no longer be liable for it.
Touch up paint ain't gonna work since it will be rubbed right off pretty fast, yet to report it to a dealer, since idk what they can/will do about it.
Took deliver of the car a year ago, and no it have not been in any accidents.
Do any of your car have the same problem or is it just assembly flaw on my unit? What next step would you recommend me to take?
I assume I can apply some ppf or even tesa tape to that small area, but it won't address the damage that'a already done with the risk of being a moisture trap?

Thanks!
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...84e95e3a39.jpg
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...ddf6b8e9fd.jpg
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...a8be631921.jpg
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...fe09f48557.jpg
This is not very common, the only common thing on the forums I heard about the W206's doors are the weather sealant strip peeling down.
Old 07-12-2024, 06:46 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 C300, 2023 C300
I had that issue happening on my passenger rear door which got addressed by dealer. If we are referring to the small flap on the door trim.
Adding on to that I also noticed the main thick rubber weather stripping on the door seems to be glued on as well, and some of mine are starting to peel on the bottom front driver door. I will keep watching to see if it completely fails.

I feel like the issue I am referring to in this post might just be really hidden, caz you have to look really carefully at that specific spot to notice, and I doubt people ever look there. I only noticed because I was reinstalling my driver door interior panel(not on the same piece of trim, so it wasn't me scraching it on accident when removing) after switching out the switch block for ventilated seat.

Looking for some input on 206 owners to see if they got the same problem on their cars.
Old 07-12-2024, 07:02 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,465 Likes on 2,098 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by Patrck C
I had that issue happening on my passenger rear door which got addressed by dealer. If we are referring to the small flap on the door trim.
Adding on to that I also noticed the main thick rubber weather stripping on the door seems to be glued on as well, and some of mine are starting to peel on the bottom front driver door. I will keep watching to see if it completely fails.

I feel like the issue I am referring to in this post might just be really hidden, caz you have to look really carefully at that specific spot to notice, and I doubt people ever look there. I only noticed because I was reinstalling my driver door interior panel(not on the same piece of trim, so it wasn't me scraching it on accident when removing) after switching out the switch block for ventilated seat.

Looking for some input on 206 owners to see if they got the same problem on their cars.
True, let's wait for owners to chime in, maybe they could check their cars and report back.