Cabin noise advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2024, 07:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W206
Cabin noise advice

Hey guys,

Bought a used W206 C200 2022 with 36k miles in the UK. Great car I love it except for some excessive cabin noise. When driving flat the car is silent. However when going over bumps I feel like I can hear the rear passenger door fixtures flex and cause a creaking leather friction type sound, or maybe the rear passenger doors are moving in the frame. On top of that the dashboard and trim at the front of the car don't seem to be put together well. when going over bigger bumps I can hear the dashboard creak and flex, I get the same sound when accelerating like the dash is hanging on for dear life.

I would assume these noises wouldn't be an issue when the car was out of the factory, but at 36k miles I would expect the car to be fairly silent going over bumps, except of course for the thud when the wheels go over, but the cabin should be fairly silent other than that.
I'm going to ask the dealer to take a look, my concern is, if they can't fix it, and I'm beyond my return period I'll be stuck with a car which annoys me. Has anyone had luck with dealers resolving such issues, or does anything think I should return and get something with less miles?

Thanks!
Old 08-06-2024, 03:50 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Benz E300
Bump
Old 08-06-2024, 07:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C300
Originally Posted by ryan8155
Hey guys,

Bought a used W206 C200 2022 with 36k miles in the UK. Great car I love it except for some excessive cabin noise. When driving flat the car is silent. However when going over bumps I feel like I can hear the rear passenger door fixtures flex and cause a creaking leather friction type sound, or maybe the rear passenger doors are moving in the frame. On top of that the dashboard and trim at the front of the car don't seem to be put together well. when going over bigger bumps I can hear the dashboard creak and flex, I get the same sound when accelerating like the dash is hanging on for dear life.

I would assume these noises wouldn't be an issue when the car was out of the factory, but at 36k miles I would expect the car to be fairly silent going over bumps, except of course for the thud when the wheels go over, but the cabin should be fairly silent other than that.
I'm going to ask the dealer to take a look, my concern is, if they can't fix it, and I'm beyond my return period I'll be stuck with a car which annoys me. Has anyone had luck with dealers resolving such issues, or does anything think I should return and get something with less miles?

Thanks!
My wife's (C300) had the same issue, on bump roads the cracking noise. It was solved using WD-40 SILIONE (would not use the regular one) on all door's rubber seals (inner and outer seals). Solved the issue. No other issues (like dashboard or trim noises).
The following users liked this post:
ryan8155 (08-06-2024)
Old 08-06-2024, 01:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W206
Originally Posted by danielbmlago
My wife's (C300) had the same issue, on bump roads the cracking noise. It was solved using WD-40 SILIONE (would not use the regular one) on all door's rubber seals (inner and outer seals). Solved the issue. No other issues (like dashboard or trim noises).
thanks mate, I’ve got some Wd40 PTFE, I’ll try doing as you suggested and report back