Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 04:49 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BS
Need Suspension help asap on my '12 CLS63

Hey guys!

So I recently used an SDS system to try to lower the rear of my 2012 CLS63 AMG a tad more to match the front set up (H&R). When I completed the job, the car looked AMAZING! I noticed that the suspension button on the interior was stuck on Sport Mode. (one light). It was no longer adjustable. I was ok with this.

Fast forward 5 days

The car gets LOWER and LOWER and LOWER, and no air gets put into the suspension to compensate. It is like the air suspension was deactivated. When I lowered it with SDS it was "out of range" according to MB Specs, but it still allowed the car to sit in such a low level.

Has anyone experienced this?

I am taking the car to MB of Miami tomorrow to have them hopefully put the car back to stock specification in the rear. I ordered adjustable links from adjustableairride.com for the rear and plan on installing those.

So my question to all you suspension guru's:

1. Will it be easy to get the car back to stock specs using SDS
2. How do I install the links on both sides?
3. Do you think anything was damaged?

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL65 '09, G55 '11
Originally Posted by RENNTECH36
Hey guys!

So I recently used an SDS system to try to lower the rear of my 2012 CLS63 AMG a tad more to match the front set up (H&R). When I completed the job, the car looked AMAZING! I noticed that the suspension button on the interior was stuck on Sport Mode. (one light). It was no longer adjustable. I was ok with this.

Fast forward 5 days

The car gets LOWER and LOWER and LOWER, and no air gets put into the suspension to compensate. It is like the air suspension was deactivated. When I lowered it with SDS it was "out of range" according to MB Specs, but it still allowed the car to sit in such a low level.

Has anyone experienced this?

I am taking the car to MB of Miami tomorrow to have them hopefully put the car back to stock specification in the rear. I ordered adjustable links from adjustableairride.com for the rear and plan on installing those.

So my question to all you suspension guru's:

1. Will it be easy to get the car back to stock specs using SDS
2. How do I install the links on both sides?
3. Do you think anything was damaged?

Thanks in advance.
1. same process, just change back
2. only same length(!) at the same time
3. if you drop your ride to low and suspension will think that car is in normal height just think which damages can be.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:07 PM
Administrator

Received 795 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
I have found the airmatic on the M157's to be different than the M156 or E55 engines... I would use the stationary links- no issues with the car changing height and you can use all your suspension choices inside.

I used the KW set up on both my CLS and E Wagon.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
C218 CLS63TT PP Edition1, W213 E63S
Originally Posted by Vic55
I have found the airmatic on the M157's to be different than the M156 or E55 engines... I would use the stationary links- no issues with the car changing height and you can use all your suspension choices inside.

I used the KW set up on both my CLS and E Wagon.

with KW kits, there is no need to use STAR to lower it on the back ?

si installing the whole kit for front and back will do the job ?