C218 CLS63, 2011 - 2019

Project Turbo upgrades

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 05:37 PM

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 C63 Purpose built race car, 2015 CLS 63 S, 2016 GLA45, 2017 GTS
Totally understand about the disclosure...no worries. The meth/water injection, the way I understand it, is safe as long as you are not using it as a tool to increase boost and timing. Even with the Renntech intercooler upgrade my temps were getting ridiculous after only a couple of laps...happened at 80 degrees and at 115 degree so we are using this as an additional cooling method as opposed to using it to make more power within itself. Now I'm still learning here but thats what most are telling me. Turbos are a done deal...we are just trying to figure out the best way to go. And we are also going to be removing the back seats for the events that are coming up....lol. What HP you at these days?
Old 09-18-2012, 05:57 PM

Received 75 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by freefall
Totally understand about the disclosure...no worries. The meth/water injection, the way I understand it, is safe as long as you are not using it as a tool to increase boost and timing. Even with the Renntech intercooler upgrade my temps were getting ridiculous after only a couple of laps...happened at 80 degrees and at 115 degree so we are using this as an additional cooling method as opposed to using it to make more power within itself. Now I'm still learning here but thats what most are telling me. Turbos are a done deal...we are just trying to figure out the best way to go. And we are also going to be removing the back seats for the events that are coming up....lol. What HP you at these days?
No idea what I am running but I will put her on dyno after I get her finalized in 10 days or so