C218 CLS63, 2011 - 2019

CLS63TT spark plug broke

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 08:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
06 CLS55 w/ P030, 05 Jag S Type R, 05 TBird-68 Dodge Charger R/T-440 w/4speed I'm original owner
I tuned mine by changing to a higher wattage headlight.

I guess my warranty is null and void.

If in the states, go to the nearest attorney without passing go and file a law suit pursuant to the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act of 1975.

Nearly everyone has heard about someone who has taken a vehicle that has been modified with aftermarket parts to a dealer for warranty service, only to have the dealer refuse to cover the defective items. The dealer usually states that because of the aftermarket parts the warranty is void, without even attempting to determine whether the aftermarket part caused the problem.
This is illegal. Vehicle manufacturers are not allowed to void the vehicle warranty just because aftermarket parts are on the vehicle.
Even better, the tune did not cause the breakdown per the SA statement.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
C218 CLS63TT PP Edition1, W213 E63S
Originally Posted by dbasons55
Good to hear that it was the plug fault I hope you got all sort of pictures for us like the pistons, heads all the good stuff so we can see how our engines internals look like, I am happy for you it turned out to be the valve got chipped, is the turbo fine? Hope the chipped valve didn't get to the turbo. I want to ask you if your tune is below the limit as the experts say why do you want to change it not making sense. Just wanted to add that its strange when my car was at the dealer they thought it has a Brabus piggyback i don't think they know those details cuz i have removed the piggy back!

thats what they told me

maybe they saw history logs on your car and saw it had piggyback.

even it is good the tune, our weather is hot this time of year, and adding more fuel may make it better and cooler

just for the bad plugs sake, or i can replace them to better plugs and 1 step colder perhaps and stay with the same tune.
Old 05-15-2012, 02:55 AM

Received 75 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by Ali_E55
thats what they told me

maybe they saw history logs on your car and saw it had piggyback.

even it is good the tune, our weather is hot this time of year, and adding more fuel may make it better and cooler

just for the bad plugs sake, or i can replace them to better plugs and 1 step colder perhaps and stay with the same tune.
Ali they can't have a log about a piggyback tune while I am running something totally different where are the pics we need to see the internals
Old 05-19-2012, 07:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Ali they can't have a log about a piggyback tune while I am running something totally different where are the pics we need to see the internals

i have them bro, i remeber you were comenting because i said to Vic his tune is rich i would have asked for a leaner tune, its not true

just because i said that it doesn't mean i asked for a diffrent thing, it was a comment on the AFR and nothing more

will post them today

Last edited by Ali_E55; 05-19-2012 at 07:12 AM.
Old 05-19-2012, 07:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

here was the fualty valve which was chipped

but the head is fine, some cleaning and polish and laping a new valve

here is another plug to see that they are fine all 3 look a like except the broken one, LOL to that

and here are the M157 internals

because they didn't remove my engine or opened it up, except the head.

Old 05-19-2012, 10:35 AM

here was the fualty valve which was chipped

but the head is fine, some cleaning and polish and laping a new valve

here is another plug to see that they are fine all 3 look a like except the broken one, LOL to that

and here are the M157 internals

because they didn't remove my engine or opened it up, except the head.

Ali if you think I am like the rest of the users who don't have much experiense in engines and you can get away with those pics you would be wrong! I asked for the pics you have taken cuz they will let us know whether it's detention or not! But of course you have to protect it by sticking those pics around you just proved that you have detention otherwise we would have seen photos of the piston surface , anyways best of luck in fixing it but u must change your bad tune for sure if you want my advise
Old 05-19-2012, 10:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

not getting away brother or anything.

it is your assumption that i had detention, but your assumption is reallity in your mind and not in our real life.

so if you are saying i have a bad tune that means Vic55 tune is also bad ^_^.

and untill he confronts and says he found his tune is bad and he changed it, i will do the same.

techs said off the recored it is a fualty plug and they wont fix it under warranty because it is tuned.

and i have alot of pictures but really not willing to share, thats all.

and since the begining you are trying hard to prove my tune is bad and arguing on discussions turning them into true facts.

thanks for caring and if your guy has a stronger and better tune, i don't mind trying.

calling your quote, you found on dyno slight fall in boost, and you assuemd that boost is about 50rwhp.

and when i said that i had 0.8 PSI more in boost and that gave more power and the car is strong , you jumped and said i had more timing and even more boost than that to make my car fast.

so if your slight boost lost is 50rwhp, than i think my increasement in boost will atleast give 20rwhp more than just retune on same boost.

no detention techs said.

its up to you to believe it, and we will wait for Vic55 ti chime in with his car.
Old 05-19-2012, 11:03 AM

not getting away brother or anything.

it is your assumption that i had detention, but your assumption is reallity in your mind and not in our real life.

so if you are saying i have a bad tune that means Vic55 tune is also bad ^_^.

and untill he confronts and says he found his tune is bad and he changed it, i will do the same.

techs said off the recored it is a fualty plug and they wont fix it under warranty because it is tuned.

and i have alot of pictures but really not willing to share, thats all.

and since the begining you are trying hard to prove my tune is bad and arguing on discussions turning them into true facts.

thanks for caring and if your guy has a stronger and better tune, i don't mind trying.

calling your quote, you found on dyno slight fall in boost, and you assuemd that boost is about 50rwhp.

and when i said that i had 0.8 PSI more in boost and that gave more power and the car is strong , you jumped and said i had more timing and even more boost than that to make my car fast.

so if your slight boost lost is 50rwhp, than i think my increasement in boost will atleast give 20rwhp more than just retune on same boost.

no detention techs said.

its up to you to believe it, and we will wait for Vic55 ti chime in with his car.
Sorry bro you must go back and read it properly it's not 0.5psi it's 0.5bar that's 7.36psi to your 0.8psi increase
And if it makes you happy I am wrong you are right but the facts is with you and you know it.

Last edited by dbasons55; 05-19-2012 at 11:08 AM.
Old 05-19-2012, 11:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
12 CLS63, 12 GLK350, 08 RR SPORT SC,
I also have the same tune. No detonation so far.
Old 05-19-2012, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by rleepremier
I also have the same tune. No detonation so far.
A tuner can make adjustments to a tune it only takes couple of hours to make a custom tune, so not me or you can prove you have identical tunes, even if OETuning come up now to say that you guys have identical tunes I wouldn't take his word for it, cuz if it was identical he would have identified this ages ago! I have nothing against anyone it just doesn't add up to me
Old 05-19-2012, 01:41 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
I run the same (regarding my cars) OE tune on both my cars... no issues, running strong, beating modded Z06's from a roll

Now please understand Ali ran a different tune than me because he is catless. Im not sure exactly what the changes were but I know they are not 100% the same.
Old 05-19-2012, 02:59 PM

Ali if you think I am like the rest of the users who don't have much experiense in engines and you can get away with those pics you would be wrong! I asked for the pics you have taken cuz they will let us know whether it's detention or not! But of course you have to protect it by sticking those pics around you just proved that you have detention otherwise we would have seen photos of the piston surface , anyways best of luck in fixing it but u must change your bad tune for sure if you want my advise
Umm i don't think not having a picture of the piston head is proof of detenation. That's like saying I killed someone but because there's no evidence I must be guilty. What I don't get is why you have such a hard on to prove that Ali is not telling the truth? What would be his motive to lie? Why would Ali tell us anything about his problems if his whole reasoning is to deceive us? If that was the case he wouldn't have posted anything at all. You must think everyone in the world is out to get you. Ali you're a better man than I am for even responding to his bull****. I would have been done with his retarded questions a LONG time ago.
Old 05-19-2012, 04:01 PM

Umm i don't think not having a picture of the piston head is proof of detenation. That's like saying I killed someone but because there's no evidence I must be guilty. What I don't get is why you have such a hard on to prove that Ali is not telling the truth? What would be his motive to lie? Why would Ali tell us anything about his problems if his whole reasoning is to deceive us? If that was the case he wouldn't have posted anything at all. You must think everyone in the world is out to get you. Ali you're a better man than I am for even responding to his bull****. I would have been done with his retarded questions a LONG time ago.
Why do you assume my questions are retarded? You posted that your running the same tune and have no detonation! Did you know that even if you had detonation you wouldn't be able to detect it unless you plug a star diagnoses? Or your just assuming you dont have detonation? I have nothing against Ali and I never said that he lied as a matter of fact I have changed my plugs the second time after Ali has shared his issues with us! The thing is it's not adding up to me! Plus if Ali don't answer me it's fine with me but since he did I will come back to him with what I feel is right! He promised to share some pics thanks to him just one side of the engine not the piston surface ones, without them we can't tell if it was a detention or just a plug, and to say the truth I don't care less of what happened I know Ali learned the hard way and hope he gets his car fixed and enjoy her as we all are enjoying our rides.
Old 05-19-2012, 09:40 PM

Like I said Ali is a better man. Lol
Old 05-20-2012, 01:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Vic55
I run the same (regarding my cars) OE tune on both my cars... no issues, running strong, beating modded Z06's from a roll

Now please understand Ali ran a different tune than me because he is catless. Im not sure exactly what the changes were but I know they are not 100% the same.

CEL is off only, not any change in maps or timing
Old 05-20-2012, 01:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Why do you assume my questions are retarded? You posted that your running the same tune and have no detonation! Did you know that even if you had detonation you wouldn't be able to detect it unless you plug a star diagnoses? Or your just assuming you dont have detonation? I have nothing against Ali and I never said that he lied as a matter of fact I have changed my plugs the second time after Ali has shared his issues with us! The thing is it's not adding up to me! Plus if Ali don't answer me it's fine with me but since he did I will come back to him with what I feel is right! He promised to share some pics thanks to him just one side of the engine not the piston surface ones, without them we can't tell if it was a detention or just a plug, and to say the truth I don't care less of what happened I know Ali learned the hard way and hope he gets his car fixed and enjoy her as we all are enjoying our rides.

if the techs in MB says there was no detention, who am i to argue with them !!

they don't to get screwed thats why they tell others who ask about my car it was because of the tune

they don't want to fix it under their cost.
Old 05-20-2012, 01:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

i posted so that all members be aware of these spark plugs, i don't know why Moh is trying to prove my tune is bad since day 1.

i could have kept quite and maybe other members would have fallen in the same issue.

i share because others shared knowledge and i want them to benfit like i did from their experience.

so just to let you all know.

exhuast valve will be replaced and install new gaskets and thats all.

labor is X4 cost to parts.
Old 05-20-2012, 03:15 AM

Like I said Ali is a better man. Lol
This is not a forum of debating who is a better man This is a place where we want to talk a little about what we experience so if you have nothing technical to add I recommend you read and learn

Ali I am not proving anyone wrong from day one but you are! your plug looks like it failed from detention! You said it looks like the couple are melting! You are describing how fast your car is with 0.8psi increase in boost and you expect me to feel that you had a bad plug it doesn't add up, by the way they only know that your car is tuned because of the bad job done opening the ECU for programing! As I said I care less about what happened you know it and I hope you get it fixed and enjoy it bro
Old 05-20-2012, 04:31 PM

CLS55 plus a few Ducati's
FFS it is Detonation not detention
Old 05-21-2012, 01:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This is not a forum of debating who is a better man This is a place where we want to talk a little about what we experience so if you have nothing technical to add I recommend you read and learn

Ali I am not proving anyone wrong from day one but you are! your plug looks like it failed from detention! You said it looks like the couple are melting! You are describing how fast your car is with 0.8psi increase in boost and you expect me to feel that you had a bad plug it doesn't add up, by the way they only know that your car is tuned because of the bad job done opening the ECU for programing! As I said I care less about what happened you know it and I hope you get it fixed and enjoy it bro
see the other plugs how they are, and when i get my car i will take them all off and show them to you, here in the forum or even in person

and they tried to flash it but they couldn't ( their claim ).
and they said they can't update it if their is an update or even an update for the gearbox.

the dealer has to blame me and tune in front of others to scare them not to modify their cars.
Old 05-21-2012, 03:10 AM

see the other plugs how they are, and when i get my car i will take them all off and show them to you, here in the forum or even in person

and they tried to flash it but they couldn't ( their claim ).
and they said they can't update it if their is an update or even an update for the gearbox.

the dealer has to blame me and tune in front of others to scare them not to modify their cars.
Ali I don't want to see your plugs after you get your car back remember you want to get a richer tune! I would have loved if you shared the piston surface pics but I know why you don't want to put them on, just why and how did they attempt to flash the ECU with an open engine, or even before they open it knowing it was damaged? Usually they leave those kind of jobs to the end! But you must go back to your posts describing how they knew your car is tuned, The dealer can't scare no one and they know people tune there cars, just for everyones info the new ECU version is bugged by the factory, CEL comes on faulty fan, AC compresser doesn't work! And when we meet in person I will let you have a ride in my car it comes under warranty from my tuner.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Ali I don't want to see your plugs after you get your car back remember you want to get a richer tune! I would have loved if you shared the piston surface pics but I know why you don't want to put them on, just why and how did they attempt to flash the ECU with an open engine, or even before they open it knowing it was damaged? Usually they leave those kind of jobs to the end! But you must go back to your posts describing how they knew your car is tuned, The dealer can't scare no one and they know people tune there cars, just for everyones info the new ECU version is bugged by the factory, CEL comes on faulty fan, AC compresser doesn't work! And when we meet in person I will let you have a ride in my car it comes under warranty from my tuner.

i didn't say i will, i said i may ask for richer tune, and don't worry i will get all these plugs out as soon as i get the car, before tuning it again or even before giving it a WOT.

they tried to flash it before they opened the engine, they opened it 2 weeks ago and they have the car for more than a month. ( so first 2 weeks they didn't open the engine and after the first week they called and said my ECU is not accessable and it is tuned)

PS: i dont care and i opened it by myself and there is a bent and some scratchs on the cover

they wanted to flash it because at first they thought it was fuel sender issue and maybe ECU issue, they thought its some ignition problem, i was inssisting and telling them to pull the plug out on cyl.5 so that they can see it from what guys were talking about plugs problems before i had this problem. ( why cyl.5 ? because scanning tool showed misfiring in cyl.5).

and my tuner backs me up on this whole issue, so money wise its ok.

no warranty from the dealer on my engine, well , thats for your engine also

so our engines if they are gotten screwed they are backed up by tuners.

whats the problem in that !!

you have stronger car and faster, so true and you paid 20X or even more than i did to get your car that much strong

i take my hat off to you for being the first to upgrade your turbos and stretching the internals to the limits.

Last edited by Ali_E55; 05-21-2012 at 07:31 AM.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:45 PM

All the best bro hope you get her back soon and enjoy her your a nice guy you don't deserve to have those problems to start with all the best
Old 05-21-2012, 03:45 PM

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post
2004 CLK55
All the best bro hope you get her back soon and enjoy her your a nice guy you don't deserve to have those problems to start with all the best
If you're ever in Vegas, let me know, I'm buying you a beer!
Old 05-21-2012, 03:46 PM

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post
2004 CLK55
Originally Posted by JumpinJim
So how do we tell if we have the potentially bad plugs other than waiting for a CEL or something catastrophic? I called my SA and he didn't know anything about bad plugs. I have a very early build among the first sold in the US.
What's your VIN? I'll look it up for you.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CLS63TT spark plug broke