C218 CLS63, 2011 - 2019

Best Kill!!!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 06-26-2012, 03:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63 biturbo
And even with videos, there can still be alot of arguments ... just check out youtube ...
Old 06-26-2012, 04:34 PM

08 CLS63 AMG
Okay well 'FASTER' is completely relative. There is the hp/lb ratio if you wanna call that faster.. faster in acceleration? Are we talking the 1 mile? Are we talking 0-100, 0-60.. We could do this forever. The aventador could have the very same hp/lb ratio as a super modded cls but w/ the higher gear ratio of the aventador the cls will come out on top in acceleration everyday of the week. 'Faster' is debatable forever. Not the be the a55shole here but I'll call out the elephant in the room.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
1000Hp Diesel Trucks, 2019 E63s
Originally Posted by phemerlein
Okay well 'FASTER' is completely relative. There is the hp/lb ratio if you wanna call that faster.. faster in acceleration? Are we talking the 1 mile? Are we talking 0-100, 0-60.. We could do this forever. The aventador could have the very same hp/lb ratio as a super modded cls but w/ the higher gear ratio of the aventador the cls will come out on top in acceleration everyday of the week. 'Faster' is debatable forever. Not the be the a55shole here but I'll call out the elephant in the room.
I believe we're all speaking in the relative terms described in the race. So "faster" in this case is spelled out for us.
Old 06-27-2012, 12:17 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 C63 ,2009 SL 63 AMG, 2011 SLS AMG
Originally Posted by dbasons55
Yeah true no one believes you when it's good to be true, so let's wait till I get it on video for you guys that's the only way we can be sure this is isn't a story but a fact
Bro,

I believe you. An Aventador has no chance against your car with your mods. It's funny how people want to make you the liar and call BS on your story when you have no reason to do so.

They are jealous. It's obvious. Your one of the few people if not the only person that has turbo upgrades coupled with Exhust + tune. They aren't as dedicated as you are when it comes to tuning and street racing.

Get an Aventador from one of your friends , race it and video tape it. It will be good to shut some of these trolls up. Lets see which of them is at least honorable enough to apologise to you,

Good luck man and keep enjoying your beast.
Old 07-04-2012, 04:19 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'12 E63, E55(sold), C32 (sold), '65 Skylark GS 445 convertible, '12 ML350
Originally Posted by PACougar
I couldn't agree more, 60-130 is a way better measurement. At the track GTR's are complete beasts, but at a roll on the road they're nowhere near as fast without they're AWD launches helping them. I'm not saying they're not crazy fast and certainly modded ones can be unreal but the track and the street are completely different racing environments!
TOTALLY agree... and from experience. I have no doubt (and know) that in the 1/4...any GTR would kill me. Traction is my nemesis - no street tire I've run will take the pedal going all the way down.

But...one of my neighbors who's got a stock '11 GTR regularly gets behind me on our commute in Atlanta while we're turning onto the on ramp on 285. He gets on my butt...then I blast off...and in 12 months, he has never caught me. I don't leave him or pull on him...but he's never caught me. It kills him. :-)

I've never lined up next to my friend's TT CLS63 (Stock)...but I really think it would be damn close to my car. One with upgraded turbos, tuned, etc has got to be insane from 60-XXX. I guarantee it hangs with just about anything on the planet. At speed, I could believe it pulling on an AV.

I swore I'd keep this W211 beast forever - no joke, I've never owned a car this just *right* - and now I'm questioning that with the TTs.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W219 CLS63
Originally Posted by pullejo
TOTALLY agree... and from experience. I have no doubt (and know) that in the 1/4...any GTR would kill me. Traction is my nemesis - no street tire I've run will take the pedal going all the way down.

But...one of my neighbors who's got a stock '11 GTR regularly gets behind me on our commute in Atlanta while we're turning onto the on ramp on 285. He gets on my butt...then I blast off...and in 12 months, he has never caught me. I don't leave him or pull on him...but he's never caught me. It kills him. :-)

I've never lined up next to my friend's TT CLS63 (Stock)...but I really think it would be damn close to my car. One with upgraded turbos, tuned, etc has got to be insane from 60-XXX. I guarantee it hangs with just about anything on the planet. At speed, I could believe it pulling on an AV.

I swore I'd keep this W211 beast forever - no joke, I've never owned a car this just *right* - and now I'm questioning that with the TTs.

BUT Everyone in ATL needs to get to get together for cars and coffee. All the people in Cali organise it pretty damn well.. And Ive yet to hear one in ATL....
Old 08-03-2012, 05:58 PM

As listed in my sign
Ok I am not sure what's the drag difference are maybe someone else can chip in this one sorry!
Weight the Aventadore is 300kg heavier that's 640lbs calculates to 64whp. Let's add them up Aventadore is 700hp with 10% drivetrain loss that's 630, so I need to be around 694whp to be dead even!
My car is around 850hp give or take 10hp, with 15% drivetrain loss "although I believe it's less" would be 722.5whp, so 30 odd WHP is good to give you a lead in any race and just for your info my tuner is being very conservative with the numbers! As I said I will do a video as soon as the opportunity comes along
Don't count the hp and the weight only, tranny, gear ratio and air dynamic...alot of things.
Old 08-03-2012, 06:01 PM

As listed in my sign
Originally Posted by Jspeed
SL55 beating an Aventador is a different thing altogether. My stock E63 PP walks a fully modded CLS55 from a roll, i can't imagine how ugly it would get racing Dbasons55's CLS63. If i'm not wrong, his car is faster than a modded 997 GT2 ... And trust me, even an Aventador will have problems beating one of those. Ok i agree maybe the Lamboghini driver did stop pushing at around 290kmh to let the AMG past, but by then it was probably obvious that he was not pulling on the CLS.

1/4 mile and 0-60 times are based on launching, and Aventandor has advantage of 4WD. Whats more indicative of rolling performance is the trap speed, and according to www.dragtimes.com, an Aventador traps 133mph which is not far off the Renntech CLS63 on stock turbos.
What is the mods on the GT2?
Old 08-03-2012, 08:51 PM

Received 75 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by MKB-C32
Don't count the hp and the weight only, tranny, gear ratio and air dynamic...alot of things.
Ok so I did my research and was really surprised by the findings as you may know and if not you can research it as well, that the drag coeffeciency of the LP700 is 0.33 and the drag coeffeciency of the CLS63 is 0.3! The lower the number the better the aero dynamics of a car! So why does the lambo has a bad drag coeffeciency? It's because of the wider tires and larger rear spoiler! This is strange but very true unfortunately all the info is in the net you can run a search and will get all the details you would need. In the other hand the lambo tranny is better and if we are going to go in simpler details that would be a waste of time. The LP700 is a mighty super car that got slapped by my CLS63, if you have an LP700 in the UAE and would like to prove me wrong bring it on and let's make a good video from a roll for the guys to see it

My GT2 did dyno 620whp and it has turbo upgrades exhaust and a software and it is half a ton less than my CLS63
Old 08-03-2012, 09:30 PM

As listed in my sign
Im not saying it can't be done or i'm not beleiving you.
my comments regarding what i'm reading time to time, alot of the people just look at the hp, weights and so on and ignore the most important thing...power to ground.

Regarding the GT2 i was refairing to Jspeed when he mentioned that the CLS63 will wax a modid GT2 and i asked to know becuase i know exactly what the GT2 can do, there is no chance to the CLS to run near the GT2 if it is in good hand.

I don't own an avent. but i own a GT2 if you are intrested.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:22 PM

Im not saying it can't be done or i'm not beleiving you.
my comments regarding what i'm reading time to time, alot of the people just look at the hp, weights and so on and ignore the most important thing...power to ground.

Regarding the GT2 i was refairing to Jspeed when he mentioned that the CLS63 will wax a modid GT2 and i asked to know becuase i know exactly what the GT2 can do, there is no chance to the CLS to run near the GT2 if it is in good hand.

I don't own an avent. but i own a GT2 if you are intrested.
Ok well sure there are many aspects to define power of a vehicle and thats what I was trying to put together in my reply.
Sure why not I don't mind racing anyone for fun what mods are on your GT2 if you don't mind
Old 08-04-2012, 08:09 AM

As listed in my sign
Moded turbos, exhaust & intake.
Old 08-04-2012, 08:53 AM

Moded turbos, exhaust & intake.
Where in the UAE are you located?
Old 08-04-2012, 09:20 AM

As listed in my sign
Where in the UAE are you located?
Alain
Old 08-04-2012, 09:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 558 Likes on 368 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Originally Posted by angelo63
i know its not the same but i beat my friends ferrari 360 modena and two different lamborghini gallardos with a clk550 convertible and no one believed me so i know how it feels good stuff your car is a beast
Lol dude you are clueless. You do realize that the rest of us live in this world and experience physics the same way you do.

Dbasons. I have no doubt that you killed the Aventador. Many super cars are not all that super in a straight line especially when you have a fire breathing to car like your CLS.
Old 08-04-2012, 11:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
The LP700 is a mighty super car that got slapped by my CLS63, if you have an LP700 in the UAE and would like to prove me wrong bring it on and let's make a good video from a roll for the guys to see it
...Man, I got so excited about possibily seeing a video. Then the wind got blown out of the sail.

I didn't know CLS's Cd is 0.3. I thought it's lower than that since MB has recently been pretty good at lower the Cd on recent cars. I know the non-AMG W212's Cd is 0.26, one of the lowest in production automobile world. I wonder what the Cd of non-AMG CLS.

Also remember Cd is not the entire picture. The car's entire frontal profile needs to be taken into the drag equation. Thus the Aventador's front profile possibly is much smaller since it's so low and "squashed."

Typically various things added to increase the downforce will also raise the Cd and drag. That's another reason that R35 GTR's body is so phenomenal in being able to combine downforce with low drag, and achieve a Cd of 0.27.

Here is an interesting article for those of you interested in the subject around the R35:
http://www.suzukaracing.com/GTR%20pa...etoroadgtr.pdf
Old 08-05-2012, 01:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
C218 CLS63TT PP Edition1, W213 E63S
i was once at the back of an Avantador while racing, up untill 300km, an arm behind his rear bumper with a tune and catless downpipe. i could not pass him or reach him. but the distince was still.

and the driver was totally shocked, i smoked an SL T65S (730hp, 1200NM) Brabus easily also.

so i totally believe dbasons55 that he smoked an Avantador easily because he has larger turbos, larger H/E, 3" DP and ofcourse a tune.
Old 08-05-2012, 04:48 AM

As listed in my sign
Ali , nothing is impossible. With my previous Supercharged Yukon Denali I smoked a GTR35 from the roll, and you know what's the diff between the two.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
Originally Posted by Ali_E55
i was once at the back of an Avantador while racing, up untill 300km, an arm behind his rear bumper with a tune and catless downpipe. i could not pass him or reach him. but the distince was still.
It's good. That means it's pretty much even.