C218 CLS63, 2011 - 2019

My cars and coffee experience

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 05:49 PM

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 C63 Purpose built race car, 2015 CLS 63 S, 2016 GLA45, 2017 GTS
Originally Posted by 34.50
Yeah, I would definitely love to. I'll see if I can start one up sometime next month. Thing is I don't even know my own schedule, so that doesn't help either.

@Freefall, in Rochester.

What's with the comparison with the GTR? The CLS and GTR are two different types of cars :P Let's compare the CLS to other cars in it's class I got "beat" by an A7 the other day. There were these 2 older gentleman in an Audi A7 3.0, and I didn't think they wanted a race. My car also had 3 co-workers, so I didn't want to do anything stupid. Sure enough, they took off at a light and a cop saw this, and pulled the A7 over. My co-workers and I got a great laugh out of it.

Family went to SUNY Brockport....terrible area. Forget starting C&C....move...
Old 07-08-2012, 06:15 PM

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 C63 Purpose built race car, 2015 CLS 63 S, 2016 GLA45, 2017 GTS
Yeah, I would definitely love to. I'll see if I can start one up sometime next month. Thing is I don't even know my own schedule, so that doesn't help either.

@Freefall, in Rochester.

What's with the comparison with the GTR? The CLS and GTR are two different types of cars :P Let's compare the CLS to other cars in it's class I got "beat" by an A7 the other day. There were these 2 older gentleman in an Audi A7 3.0, and I didn't think they wanted a race. My car also had 3 co-workers, so I didn't want to do anything stupid. Sure enough, they took off at a light and a cop saw this, and pulled the A7 over. My co-workers and I got a great laugh out of it.
Thats a great story BTW...The GTR is compared with everything and they're almost a time a dozen out here in So Cal already. The car is just ridiculous and even has 4 seats like us. *sshole like me want to mod the CLS out to run with these meth freaks so we compare...but there is no comparison overall when it comes to a GTR vs a new CLS AMG TT...

I think the only true comparable car is the Panamera...and we are north of every one of them them except the Turbo...which is what...40K more at least? That car will school us.....

Last edited by freefall; 07-08-2012 at 06:17 PM.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
I got "beat" by an A7 the other day. There were these 2 older gentleman in an Audi A7 3.0, and I didn't think they wanted a race. My car also had 3 co-workers, so I didn't want to do anything stupid. Sure enough, they took off at a light and a cop saw this, and pulled the A7 over. My co-workers and I got a great laugh out of it.
Funny. IMO, cop shouldn't pull people over as long as they are not breaking the speed limit

Hopefully MB will use DCT for all future cars. That will put them closer to GTR and Panamera.
Old 07-08-2012, 09:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'07 CLS 63 AMG
Originally Posted by freefall
Thats a great story BTW...The GTR is compared with everything and they're almost a time a dozen out here in So Cal already. The car is just ridiculous and even has 4 seats like us. *sshole like me want to mod the CLS out to run with these meth freaks so we compare...but there is no comparison overall when it comes to a GTR vs a new CLS AMG TT...

I think the only true comparable car is the Panamera...and we are north of every one of them them except the Turbo...which is what...40K more at least? That car will school us.....
Lol, I like Rochester. I'm also not from around here, I am originally from central MA - came here for college, and just settled here. It's cheap living, and also I like snow! Driving here sucks - people can't deal with any form of precipitation, they just freak out. The CLS is very fun in snow though

The GTR's launch control is pretty insane. I thought it was definitely stupid at first - Nissan would void your warranty if you used launch control. Why include that feature if it voids your warranty?! But, now they have removed that restriction. They're good drag cars, but I'd take a CLS over it any day!

Sorry, Hyp - totally OT I'll try to arrange a Watkins Glen meet or something. The MB club here also doesn't do much. It's no fun!

@otakki - yeah. I was so surprised when they floored the car at the light. I'm glad he was the one getting pulled over and not me. So far, I've been lucky and managed to stay out of tickets with the CLS.

Last edited by 34.50; 07-08-2012 at 09:15 PM.
Old 07-08-2012, 09:25 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,399 Likes on 2,844 Posts
2012 CLS63
haha, OT no worries...

just passed the 5000 mark on my cls.....loving every minute
Old 07-16-2012, 11:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 Red Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series
C & C

How do you find about Cars and Coffee and where they are located?

I live in San Diego, CA.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:47 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,399 Likes on 2,844 Posts
2012 CLS63
hmm, there has to be something happening in San Diego....
I don't use FB but try that in your area....

good luck