C218 CLS63, 2011 - 2019

2011 C63 Trad in for 2013 CLS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 12:31 AM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by phemerlein
Wait.. So you are happy and satisfied your cls, right?
best post in the thread....
Old 07-25-2012, 01:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 563 Likes on 372 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Originally Posted by mainly
why not? i think this is a good reason to bring up these things that i feel are faults with the cls and i dont believe im exagerating.

true, and i did, as much as i could, except for comparing it with the m5. because the m5 wasnt out at the time. they just hit the dealers a month ago.
Dude I'm going to have to pull your card at this point. I sat in a client's CLS today and you're way off base about the quality of the interior. That badboy is straight oozing sex.

Looking at your post history I have to say, you're schizo. You love the car one minute and hate it ten minutes later? Wtf nonsense is that?

Chip it and stfu.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:30 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W219 CLS63
why not? i think this is a good reason to bring up these things that i feel are faults with the cls and i dont believe im exagerating.

true, and i did, as much as i could, except for comparing it with the m5. because the m5 wasnt out at the time. they just hit the dealers a month ago.
Exaggerating? ummm. yeah, the HELL you are.

"blasts off like a f***ing rocket ship" -theres one

and the M5 did not "just" hit the dealers a month ago. Theyve been out for a WHILE. The fact that you are just being pissy because you didnt go with your Bimmer fanboy instincts makes your arguments and statements within this thread sound more arrogant. Kind of like those ghetto, brought up in the "hood" type of girls that make up all the hype for something as small as "that bi**h wearing the same shirt as me."

I stated in an earlier post that I like the M3 over the C63. I didnt go on and rant about something as small as the command unit, or the seat feel, comfort etc. why? because Im not a child and I would know what I'd be buying. I dont go blindly buying something and then *poof complaining like a little b**ch about how "slow" the throttle response is, and making it seem as if the CLS was made by cavemen that sit on rocks.

Its people like you that make me (metaphorically) throw up in my mouth when I read stuff like this. Because frankly, as an adult, Im not an IDIOT when it comes to buying $100k+ cars. Ill research the hell out of it, maybe even go out to Germany to request a test drive....why? because its a small price to pay for a car that costs that much.

and you complaining about losing $40k in 3 weeks. Well, s**t, live with it, or do something about it. Like a lot of other people stated here on this thread. Buy a damn tune. It may make up for the $40k in loss.

I LOVE Bimmers as much as I love Mercs. But I really just dont like making a fool out of myself and talking smack on a Mercedes forum. You were seriously ASKING for it when you posted stuff like this. Yes, its a place to voice opinions and give advise/help. But not a place to B***h and moan about your loss of money.
Im personally not being biased here because I have a lot of good things to say about the M5 as well. I like the fact that they offer it in a manual transmission, or the cool little lights in the door handles ( I find that elegant). Also the iDrive, I do like that. Doesnt mean the Command unit is useless, It just means the layout is more thought out and refined, along with more gadgets and gismos. MATURE drivers obviously wont give a s**t about any of this, but then again, it is the little things that count.

This is seriously (IMO) the sole reason why you've gone THIS far into complaining about your car. I doubt anyone unhappy with their CLS and switching over to an M5 will complain this much about the CLS as much as you because they might not be at a $40k loss.

I hope you forgive me, for I may have disrespected you or other people LIKE you, but like you, I also had to voice my opinion.

Have a nice day. I hope you drive your CLS tomorrow and dread it.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:31 AM

W219 CLS63
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
Dude I'm going to have to pull your card at this point. I sat in a client's CLS today and you're way off base about the quality of the interior. That badboy is straight oozing sex.

Looking at your post history I have to say, you're schizo. You love the car one minute and hate it ten minutes later? Wtf nonsense is that?

Chip it and stfu.
AMEN
Old 07-25-2012, 01:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Homeboy is crying about the ARM REST. Seriously someone grab the Preparation H because the butthurt in this thread has become unbearable.
Old 07-25-2012, 04:27 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Porsche 991 GT3, 2012 cls63 Kleemann K3
Homeboy is crying about the ARM REST. Seriously someone grab the Preparation H because the butthurt in this thread has become unbearable.

oooh, getting a little defensive here arent we boys??

chill out.

no criticism is allowed of this sacred cls. its perfect to you all?

fine.

well it isnt to me. and im gonna say what ever the hell i want about it. cause its all legitimate observations. and REAL observations of someone whos compared 2 vehicles IN PERSON. ok?

not ok?

too bad.

i may be complaining, but im stating comparisons at the same time. and im backing up everything im saying. and there valid comparisons.

Last edited by mainly; 07-25-2012 at 05:04 AM.
Old 07-25-2012, 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by AmmarYasirA
Exaggerating? ummm. yeah, the HELL you are.

"blasts off like a f***ing rocket ship" -theres one

thats a figure of speech, to make a point. because thats the feeling you get, when you press the m button. as opposed to pressing teh amg button, where , as i said, NOTHING happens.

have i lied? or exaggerated?

if so tell me where.

and the M5 did not "just" hit the dealers a month ago.
beginning of june they came to dealers in canada, or at least in alberta.

and what the hell is your point for arguing this ? even if they did come out a few weeks earlier. they certainly werent out in january when i ordered the cls.

I stated in an earlier post that I like the M3 over the C63. I didnt go on and rant about something as small as the command unit, or the seat feel, comfort etc.
these are small?

seat comfort, nav system, small?

is this a freakin go cart or a luxury car were talking about here?

so your saying you dont have the right to have comfortable seats in a $100,000 + vehicle?

or to have a nav system thats at LEAST competitive with its closest competitor? especially when your selling for MORE? while offering LESS features?

because Im not a child
you could have fooled me.

and you complaining about losing $40k in 3 weeks. Well, s**t, live with it, or do something about it. Like a lot of other people stated here on this thread. Buy a damn tune.

once again, the fact that all these guys have to go tuning a car thats supposed to be a performance car, not to mention a top of the line model of one of the top performance car manufacturers in the world, this soon after buying it, proves one of my points... think about it.

I LOVE Bimmers as much as I love Mercs. But I really just dont like making a fool out of myself and talking smack on a Mercedes forum.
im not talking smack, im stating my opinions as an owner of a mercedes AMG car. and if you dont like it, dont read it. im intitled to my opinion just as much as you are.

.... are you forgeting i own a cls63?

all these faults im bringing up are about my very own car!!!

why would i say these things if i didnt really believe them, or werent really experiencing them???
Old 07-25-2012, 05:10 AM

Chip it and stfu.
no i dont wanna - 'chip it and stfu'.

and can you give some actual objective info instead of oozing sex ?

its a bit of subjective term, you know?

for example, oozing sex for one guy, could be oozing CHEESE for another?

get my point??

for example i pointed out how the m5/m6 have REAL leather throughout their interior. covering alot more of the interior than the cls, which uses fake leather. well it ISNT leather at all.

do you have any objective examples to back up your description of how the car is "oozing sex"?

Last edited by mainly; 07-25-2012 at 05:15 AM.
Old 07-25-2012, 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by Vic55
best post in the thread....
agreed.
Old 07-25-2012, 05:24 AM

Im personally not being biased here because I have a lot of good things to say about the M5 as well. I like the fact that they offer it in a manual transmission, or the cool little lights in the door handles ( I find that elegant). Also the iDrive, I do like that. Doesnt mean the Command unit is useless, It just means the layout is more thought out and refined, along with more gadgets and gismos. MATURE drivers obviously wont give a s**t about any of this, but then again, it is the little things that count.
YES, the little things DO count.

so you obviously see my point here, so whats the problem?

and i didnt say the command unit is useless. it just pales by comparison to the idrive.

and its part of the interior. i was called on it, so i mentioned it. i wouldnt have brought up this whole thing if someone didnt call me out on it back a few posts.
Old 07-25-2012, 05:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 CLS63 AMG
Mainly, please do not take offense to the following as emails/text cannot accurately portray tone and, in this case, the extreme sarcasm in which I am injecting. From your grammar, punctuation, general demeanor and emotional replies it would seem that maybe your parents own a CLS and you may just be of driving age.

Furthermore, I was trying to read what you wrote but I can still barely hear you over the AWESOMENESS of the CLS63. So, in the quiet words of our Virgin Mary: 'Come again?'

Old 07-25-2012, 06:04 AM

W219 CLS63
Im just going to stop. Theres no point in arguing with a complete imbecile.

I have officially unsubscribed from this thread. There has so far been only one member that has truly made me sick to my stomach. The member is dying to be obvious, and usually I would NEVER go off as unprofessionally as I did with him so I am just going to drop it.

FOR ANYONE BUYING/LOOKING FOR A NEW CLS--> please dont make the mistake that this fool did and actually research your cars PROPERLY. No one likes people like him who torture innocent threads for a guy who is ASKING FOR ADVISE on a car. Im sure the (OP) had mixed thoughts after hearing what just ONE person had to say versus a bunch of other people with the same car who praised it.

TO SUM EVERYTHING UP--> If you want a car that turns well and has 5 seats, looks like your granny's *** compared to the CLS, get an F10 M5. Apparently it has real leather down to the doors (like anyone is going to see that.) A infotainment center that would please teenagers and little children.:\ An "F1" transmission "comparable" to a 458. And the exhaust note of a cat (as compared to the tigers roar of the AMG.)

Im just going to add the last comment for this buffoon to dwell upon and I STILL think he is ****ting his pants out of anger because he lost $40k.... I still think that is the sole reason.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:44 AM

Received 75 Likes on 44 Posts
mainly you bought your CLS based on reviews made by magazines tests, the M5 also was tested and articles where all over the place for how awesome of a car it is why didnt you get that magazine issue and based your buy on it??

yes the idrive is a nice option on a car where your M5 friends want you to play with!! instead of having a simple command like the mercedes to concentrate on driving and enjoying the actual car. to say the truth i love how all the buttons are on the CLS console how simple it is to get to whatever you want its more practical and user friendly, unlike the M5 you need a special M5 course to understand whats going on

i didnt really see anything different about the leather although the car i tested had individual leather, what about your car is it Designo? cuz i dont really care much about those things, so i dont concentrate on them much someone else maybe can tell us, but both driver and passenger seats has message so i guess thats to do with what you ordered at the dealer.

I have driven the M5 and i have driven it real hard with the "rocket M-power setting" the car is a monster its an amazing drive i loved it to a point i wanted to buy one!! but you know what I know if i bought an M5 i am stepping one step backwards cuz thats the difference between an AMG and an M5!

one more thing its ok for you to get that exhaust system for the M5 to make up for the sound illusions they create but not a tune for the CLS cuz its not soft from the inside? and you are not taking sides

in the end its a matter of taste enjoy whatever makes you happy
Old 07-25-2012, 07:27 AM

Im just going to stop. Theres no point in arguing with a complete imbecile.

I have officially unsubscribed from this thread. There has so far been only one member that has truly made me sick to my stomach. The member is dying to be obvious, and usually I would NEVER go off as unprofessionally as I did with him so I am just going to drop it.

FOR ANYONE BUYING/LOOKING FOR A NEW CLS--> please dont make the mistake that this fool did and actually research your cars PROPERLY. No one likes people like him who torture innocent threads for a guy who is ASKING FOR ADVISE on a car. Im sure the (OP) had mixed thoughts after hearing what just ONE person had to say versus a bunch of other people with the same car who praised it.

i thought you said you were going to stop?

ok, Mr. "my 6.3 AMG doesnt have enough power, what can i do???"

Im just going to add the last comment for this buffoon to dwell upon and I STILL think he is ****ting his pants out of anger because he lost $40k.... I still think that is the sole reason
i never lost 40K. i still have the car. how have i lost 40k?

when you have to base your argument on throwing around insults, i think we know whos won?

do we not?

TO SUM EVERYTHING UP--> If you want a car that turns well and has 5 seats, looks like your granny's *** compared to the CLS, get an F10 M5. Apparently it has real leather down to the doors (like anyone is going to see that.) .
you forgot the dash, center console, and tops of the doors, all these -real leather on the less expensive m5.

on the cls?

fake. fake. fake. fake. fake!!! on a Mercedes Benz luxury vehicle!!!

(actually every mercedes benz vehicle being produced with the exception of the sls, which does indeed come with real leather everywhere. )

im being obvious?

you know you've admitted defeat when you realize the cls is inferior to the BMW in a certain dept so you just downplay its importance...

as you're so painfully obviously doing here.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by dbasons55
mainly you bought your CLS based on reviews made by magazines tests, the M5 also was tested and articles where all over the place for how awesome of a car it is why didnt you get that magazine issue and based your buy on it??
if youre asking why i didnt buy the m5 based on reviews instead of the cls...

i thought i already explained, that the m5 wasnt out at teh time. this was january. and the info i had at the time was the m5 wouldnt hit dealers till september of this year. it wasnt until later(march or april) i found out that canada would be getting the m5 before the US, and they hit dealerships at the beginning of june. had i known this was going to be the case, i would have never considered the cls to begin with

i also was lead to believe that the m5 would be between 140-150 k!!! as it turned out a much overexagerated number.

these 2 things lead me to take a chance on the the m5's closest competitor.

to say the truth i love how all the buttons are on the CLS console how simple it is to get to whatever you want its more practical and user friendly, unlike the M5 you need a special M5 course to understand whats going on

you couldnt be more wrong. its EASIER to access the different functions from where there positioned around the idrive controller on the m5(a much more natural position for the and to be in to press buttons, as your hand has the support of the center console to rest on while you press buttons. as opposed to teh cls's buttons on the upright center stack, forcing you to hold your hand in mid air, and try to hit the one tiny button youre aiming for amonst a sea of buttons.

i didnt really see anything different about the leather although the car i tested had individual leather, what about your car is it Designo? cuz i dont really care much about those things, so i dont concentrate on them much someone else maybe can tell us, but both driver and passenger seats has message so i guess thats to do with what you ordered at the dealer.
no the massage seats and active side bolsters are only availabel on the drivers side in the US and canada.

I have driven the M5 and i have driven it real hard with the "rocket M-power setting" the car is a monster its an amazing drive i loved it to a point i wanted to buy one!! but you know what I know if i bought an M5 i am stepping one step backwards cuz thats the difference between an AMG and an M5!

one more thing its ok for you to get that exhaust system for the M5 to make up for the sound illusions they create but not a tune for the CLS cuz its not soft from the inside? and you are not taking sides

in the end its a matter of taste enjoy whatever makes you happy [/quote]

the cls engine sound is pretty much non existant from the inside, the only time the engine makes any sound is when you have your foot to the floor.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:56 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,405 Likes on 2,848 Posts
2012 CLS63
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is so funny!!
Old 07-25-2012, 08:22 AM

Received 75 Likes on 44 Posts
Sorry mainly I didn't know you had problems balancing your hand in mid air! You can also control the command with a mouse without moving your hands in mid air by the way!

A car is suppose to start being exciting when you floor it why do you want to be excited while cruising? I didn't know excitement can come with soft leather and squashy squeeze steering wheels

The review start coming out much earlier than you stated for example Chris Harris from EvoTV video review of the M5 is published on YouTube on 12th October 2011! So if you really wanted to buy a car based on research at least research it right don't come stabbing the researches and pointing out that you where miss lead and now try to stuff us with your BS of soft leather and mid air hand pointing problems!

My friend test drove my CLS63 and I test drove his F10 M5 and guess what I still own a CLS63 and my friend sold his soft leather squeeze wheel M5 and bought a CLS63
Old 07-25-2012, 08:38 AM
Administrator

Received 519 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
Okay, I'll pitch in the first $1K to get mainly out of this mess. Who's with me?

<crickets>

<more crickets>
Old 07-25-2012, 09:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

oooh, getting a little defensive here arent we boys??

chill out.

no criticism is allowed of this sacred cls. its perfect to you all?

fine.

well it isnt to me. and im gonna say what ever the hell i want about it. cause its all legitimate observations. and REAL observations of someone whos compared 2 vehicles IN PERSON. ok?

not ok?

too bad.

i may be complaining, but im stating comparisons at the same time. and im backing up everything im saying. and there valid comparisons.
I'm not getting defensive, I'm just saying you're inane ramblings are silly and off base. Not to mention you dumped $100+k on a theory you had rather than concrete experience. And stop typing like that it reminds me of 13 Monkeys.

ETA: now I now why you're not making a lot of sense. You're French Canadian.

Last edited by Cylinder Head; 07-25-2012 at 09:55 AM.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:06 AM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by phemerlein
Mainly, please do not take offense to the following as emails/text cannot accurately portray tone and, in this case, the extreme sarcasm in which I am injecting. From your grammar, punctuation, general demeanor and emotional replies it would seem that maybe your parents own a CLS and you may just be of driving age.

Furthermore, I was trying to read what you wrote but I can still barely hear you over the AWESOMENESS of the CLS63. So, in the quiet words of our Virgin Mary: 'Come again?'

2nd best post in the thread.

Originally Posted by Rock
Okay, I'll pitch in the first $1K to get mainly out of this mess. Who's with me?

<crickets>

<more crickets>
3rd (in regards to nobody offering the other 39k or so)

I'm not getting defensive, I'm just saying you're inane ramblings are silly and off base. Not to mention you dumped $100+k on a theory you had rather than concrete experience. And stop typing like that it reminds me of 13 Monkeys.

ETA: now I now why you're not making a lot of sense. You're French Canadian.
Agreed here. There has been way too much wallowing going on here based on past posts and current ones. You guys havent even seen his post in the C63 forum where he called "turbos gay".

totally man go for the black series. the new 5.5 TT engines are dull, unresponsive and the way in which they accelerate is just plain boring compared to a N/A engine. a us CBS turned up where I live and it sold instantly . I inquired about it it I didn't even have a chance. there are 5 or 6 cls63 TT 's for sale here in Canada and there not selling.

why do you think that is?

because turbos are gay. forget them man.

go for the C63 black series.

Mainly I know, we know you hate the car---- It sucks to be you.

Last edited by Vic55; 07-25-2012 at 10:22 AM.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:11 AM

Sorry mainly I didn't know you had problems balancing your hand in mid air! You can also control the command with a mouse without moving your hands in mid air by the way!

A car is suppose to start being exciting when you floor it why do you want to be excited while cruising? I didn't know excitement can come with soft leather and squashy squeeze steering wheels

The review start coming out much earlier than you stated for example Chris Harris from EvoTV video review of the M5 is published on YouTube on 12th October 2011! So if you really wanted to buy a car based on research at least research it right don't come stabbing the researches and pointing out that you where miss lead and now try to stuff us with your BS of soft leather and mid air hand pointing problems!

My friend test drove my CLS63 and I test drove his F10 M5 and guess what I still own a CLS63 and my friend sold his soft leather squeeze wheel M5 and bought a CLS63
why dont i floor it and be excited?

becuase theres too much damn throttle lag and paddle shifter lag, makes the paddle shifters useless.

AND MAKES THE CAR BLOODY BORING TO DRIVE. AND IT ALSO HANDLES LIKE A BOAT.

thats why.

by the way, when you test drove your friends m5 did you notice the gear changes instantly? when you pull the paddle?

that, my friend is how it SHOULD work. : smash::s mash:

mercedes, take note.

not having to wait so long for the paddles to respond that you dont even bother using the paddles. there basically there for decoration on the cls.

now go ahead, retort with how "no one cares about how the paddles are slow" and i should just forget about that too.

and yes, you can control the command with the command knob, you really thought i didnt know that??? : smash::s mash:

but its so damn clumsy and awkward, and slow to respond, it too is useless, so im left with jabbing the buttons with my hand in mid air.

FOR CRYING OUT LOUD STOP MAKING EXCUSES FOR THE CARS SHORTCOMINGS!!

THERE'S NO EXCUSE FOR THEM!!!

OTHER THAN MERCEDES IS SO USED TO RIDING ON THEIR NAME, THEY'RE TOO BLOODY LAZY TO PUT SOME TIME INTO A DECENT DESIGN INSTEAD OF JUST SLAPPING TOGETHER THE FIRST THING THEY COME UP WITH.

ASK JAMES MAY OF TOP GEAR, HE SAID IT SOMETHING TO THIS EFFECT IN HIS REVIEW.

which by the way if you wanna talk reviews? the m5 came out ahead of the cls/e63 in just about every single review.

SO DONT GO BRINGING UP REVIEWS.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mainly it is clear from your post history that you're either an impostor or a troll. Every time you write another Unabomber-like post it just further solidifies that notion. At this juncture, you've not only lost any shred of cred you had, you actually might just be Gustav.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 Kleeman; CLS63 Renntech; Kirkham 427S/C; 308 GTB; 911T 3.0 911 cab 3.6

which by the way if you wanna talk reviews? the m5 came out ahead of the cls/e63 in just about every single review.

SO DONT GO BRINGING UP REVIEWS.
..... like "the Best Sedan in the World" review in Car & Driver a few months back?
Old 07-25-2012, 10:35 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,405 Likes on 2,848 Posts
2012 CLS63
haha!!
Old 07-25-2012, 11:02 AM
Administrator

Received 519 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
Originally Posted by Lew L
..... like "the Best Sedan in the World" review in Car & Driver a few months back?
Yes, that was the comparison test where the new M5 finished last, losing to the CLS's brother and the Audi S6.

CAR AND DRIVER
So color us pissed that the M5 suffers shortfalls in three areas where an M usually excels: steering, suspension, and brakes. We noticed this while tackling fast bends on Bavarian back roads. The calipers supplied a cold, weak bite. There was too much up-and-down bobbing of the body, and the relatively slow, remote steering wasn’t always able to place the front tires exactly where we wanted them. To drive in haste, you must trust the machine, and the M5, capable as it is, keeps secrets.

Playing with the vaunted buttons didn’t produce the needed medicine. The gradations are subtle, even to high-fidelity hands and butts. Turn up the steering setting from “comfort” to “sport plus,” for example, and the wheel just feels a bit heavier. Do the same to the shock absorbers, and the nervous up-down is more clipped, but it doesn’t disappear.  And don’t get us started on that chrome drip of a gear selector, which seems like it needs to be asked twice to do anything. Returning to the Audi’s old-fashioned PRNDL was a relief.

Every time you write another Unabomber-like post it just further solidifies that notion.
Yeah mainly, that last post you yours was a little frightening. You don't own any guns, do you?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2011 C63 Trad in for 2013 CLS