C218 CLS63, 2011 - 2019

Aventadore vs CLS63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 10:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55
My brother had a run into with an Aventador in his SL. Said he pulled on it as well. He was completely shocked. I mean its either these guys fool around but never really push them or they just aren't as fast as we have come to think? idk... weird
Old 09-01-2012, 11:08 PM
Administrator

Received 514 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
Originally Posted by hoolamonster
My brother had a run into with an Aventador in his SL. Said he pulled on it as well. He was completely shocked. I mean its either these guys fool around but never really push them or they just aren't as fast as we have come to think? idk... weird
The answer is: They fool around!!!!

Aventador vs New Mercedes SL:
Max speed
354 kph 300 kph
0 - 100 kph 2.9 s 4.0 s
0 - 200 kph 8.6 s 12.1 s
0 - 50 kph 1.3 s 1.8 s
0 - 130 kph 4.3 s 5.8 s
1/4 mile 10.2 s @ 136 mph 11.9 s
Power/weight ratio 438 bhp/tonne 302 bhp/tonne

The verdict;
Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 is noticeably faster.

I have no doubt that in a street race, even a significantly slower car can prevail given the right conditions and driver. But, let's be real for a moment........just looking at recorded trap speeds on these cars. The fastest CLS63 TT that I have seen, runs at about 130mph in the 1/4 mile. A stock Aventador traps at 133-136mph, so I am a little confused as to how a CLS walks a Lambo that is actually trying.
Old 09-01-2012, 11:44 PM

2014 CTS-V (6spd, phantom grey), 2010 Cadillac Escalade ESV (black raven)
Originally Posted by Rock
The answer is: They fool around!!!!

Aventador vs New Mercedes SL:
Max speed
354 kph 300 kph
0 - 100 kph 2.9 s 4.0 s
0 - 200 kph 8.6 s 12.1 s
0 - 50 kph 1.3 s 1.8 s
0 - 130 kph 4.3 s 5.8 s
1/4 mile 10.2 s @ 136 mph 11.9 s
Power/weight ratio 438 bhp/tonne 302 bhp/tonne

The verdict;
Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 is noticeably faster.

I have no doubt that in a street race, even a significantly slower car can prevail given the right conditions and driver. But, let's be real for a moment........just looking at recorded trap speeds on these cars. The fastest CLS63 TT that I have seen, runs at about 130mph in the 1/4 mile. A stock Aventador traps at 133-136mph, so I am a little confused as to how a CLS walks a Lambo that is actually trying.
+1...
The Aventador is almost comparable to the Veyron.
The Aventador driver is probably on a Lambo forum commenting on how some CLS thought he raced him...
Old 09-02-2012, 01:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts
i drive them all, fast and hard
Originally Posted by shchow
+1...

The Aventador driver is probably on a Lambo forum commenting on how some CLS thought he raced him...

lolololol
Old 09-02-2012, 02:55 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Originally Posted by CharlyE500
The Aventador wasn't even trying to race you. Your car is fast but no way walk Aventador like that. Are you running 8'sec 1/4 mile ? Aventador 10.2's !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MKyZ8Y6E6w

http://www.fastestlaps.com/cars/lamb...r_lp700-4.html

This is the thing, you are all accustomed to the 1/4 and your fixed environments in racing. On the streets anything can happen, but it also opens up more variables

There is an other factor to take into account. The CLS63TT we are talking about is one of the most heavily moded out there with bigger snails, and if you follow snail equipped cars then you should know the answer

Last edited by Zod; 09-02-2012 at 03:00 AM.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:13 AM

As listed in my sign
If you look back to 1:09 you will noticed the Aven. was slowly loosing to the CLS but then he let of the throttle.

As mentioned before this CLS is heavliy moded so it is not a big deal.
Old 09-02-2012, 10:37 AM

Trabbi
Originally Posted by dbasons55
so here it is at last a small race i had with an Aventadore the race starts at 1 minute enjoy please keep in mind i had one passenger the Aventadore was drving solo this could have ended even better, there are bumps in the road so after the bump we started at a roll from the bottom to about 140km, my car has upgraded turbos from GAD-Motors its not final i am waiting on some parts so they can take it to its full potential this is cconsidered low boost and i am running on Trofeos R tires.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTqmXnFgx3k&feature=plcp

Sorry about the Audio but I didn't realize this system I bought needed a mic

Hey dbasons55, you will come today to the radar test in Abu Dhabi? Hope to see you there.

Cheers
Thomas
tk@pp-performance.ae
PP-Performance - "We lead, others follow."
Old 09-02-2012, 11:38 AM

Received 75 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by TommyAD
Hey dbasons55, you will come today to the radar test in Abu Dhabi? Hope to see you there.

Cheers
Thomas
tk@pp-performance.ae
PP-Performance - "We lead, others follow."
Not my thing sorry 300km would be my top I am not into more than that, but what time and where I might pop by
Old 09-02-2012, 12:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Before we race we had our windows down at the light and we both had the understanding that we are going to have a RACE so no it's not grandpa it's a guy in his mid 30's who owns an LP700 and i am sure has knowledge of what kind of performance comes along with what he paid so relax Thericer

Propain Yes it's a 10.8 second car with launch control being in it's mix, and that was not used in this race! I had a little wheel spin but my tires hooked up pretty good in second

The first time I shared a story I was told it was no way possible! I get a video in my second story "yes it's not the best" you guys still don't want to believe me! My friend's race with the 458 and SLS that you don't want to believe either given it's even recorded with better quality! So what's wrong with you guys what do you believe? So I can arrange it for you and see how you will make up stories on it.

Dude you are out of your mind. 10.8 is a low estimate for the Aventador. Its more like a low 10 second car ON THE STREET. Even without using the launch control its a mid 10 car. Its not the GTR. It doesnt get it all done on the bottom so saying its the AWD and launch control that gets it done is just silly.

So I guess in the end you are saying that your CLS63 is about 1 car behind the Veyron.

Get a better video. You cant even tell how far ahead you were when the race started or how much of a jump you got on the Aventador. You dont even have audio. How can you imagine anyone would believe anything about this story with so little proof of anything. The burden of proof is on you since you are such the underdog in this race.
Old 09-02-2012, 12:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by Rock

Exactly.
Old 09-02-2012, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by propain
Exactly.
lets put this in real world just like you guys say the car traps 133MPH or whatever and it crosses the 1/4 mile in the low 10's it has amazing 0-60 2.9 sec and i do agree its one of the fastest cars from a dig GiVEN it uses launch, ok what about when its not launched whats the difference have you reseached it? NO did you come back here with something solid info about that NO again, ok here is a video of the Aventador racing that GTR in Russia please watch how the Aventadore destroys that GTR when the launch is used from a dig,and watch how the GTR destroys it when the launch is not used!!
what about my car now!! do you even have an idea of what i have and not have? my tires are the best semi-slicks available in the market today they are better than R888's hoosier A6 and pilot sport cups! how do i know? cuz i had them all installed and tried out in my car, when my tires are warm and nice they are like glue! you should guys relax and take a break thinking you know it all and you dont!
Can some one define NOT TRYING how can you do that in an LP700 cross your legs and have pop corn!!! by remote!! can someone bring up a story of them not trying to win a race and ended up losing!! and just for your info that renntech did 60-130 in 7.6, i did 7.2 without M/T's and skinnies!!!

Last edited by dbasons55; 09-02-2012 at 12:36 PM.
Old 09-02-2012, 12:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
lets put this in real world just like you guys say the car traps 133MPH or whatever and it crosses the 1/4 mile in the low 10's it has amazing 0-60 2.9 sec and i do agree its one of the fastest cars from a dig GiVEN it uses launch, ok what about when its not launched whats the difference have you reseached it? NO did you come back here with something solid info about that NO again, ok here is a video of the Aventador racing that GTR in Russia please watch how the Aventadore destroys that GTR when the launch is used from a dig,and watch how the GTR destroys it when the launch is not used!!
what about my car now!! do you even have an idea of what i have and not have? my tires are the best semi-slicks available in the market today they are better than R888's hoosier A6 and pilot sport cups! how do i know? cuz i had them all installed and tried out in my car, when my tires are warm and nice they are like glue! you should guys relax and take a break thinking you know it all and you dont!
Can some one define NOT TRYING how can you do that in an LP700 cross your legs and have pop corn!!! by remote!! can someone bring up a story of them not trying to win a race and ended up losing!! and just for your info that renntech did 60-130 in 7.6, i did 7.2 without M/T's and skinnies!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWm0yoGh4cs
You want to talk about info and research when your posting one of the worst street race videos I have ever seen and claiming victory. Yeah. Ok. Lol

What does your car trap? That would be a good start.

So much could be missing from your video. Maybe you got a huge jump and he just hit it a little and still mached you. Sure. I can see a VERY small pull before he let off. Who knows how much of a jump you got. Any car that is victim to someone jumping on them can lose. Your video doesn't account for any of these questions and is thus deemed crap. Do better next time.

You realize MTs at probably less than 20 psi hurt the 60-130 right? Lol.
Old 09-02-2012, 02:23 PM

You want to talk about info and research when your posting one of the worst street race videos I have ever seen and claiming victory. Yeah. Ok. Lol

What does your car trap? That would be a good start.

So much could be missing from your video. Maybe you got a huge jump and he just hit it a little and still mached you. Sure. I can see a VERY small pull before he let off. Who knows how much of a jump you got. Any car that is victim to someone jumping on them can lose. Your video doesn't account for any of these questions and is thus deemed crap. Do better next time.

You realize MTs at probably less than 20 psi hurt the 60-130 right? Lol.
Aha good some new info for me, so if the time is hurt by the MT's then with other set of tires maybe semi slicks the trap time should be higher? Or is should be less? please can you put us in the light in this? So what would the same renntech car trap?
Old 09-02-2012, 02:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Aha good some new info for me, so if the time is hurt by the MT's then with other set of tires maybe semi slicks the trap time should be higher? Or is should be less? please can you put us in the light in this? So what would the same renntech car trap?
I didn't say trap. I said 60-130.

If you are going for a 60-130 record you don't run drag radials with less than 20 psi. You run street tires with 40+ psi. The less resistance the better. This includes drag strip prep as well. Basic stuff here. You were the one comparing the RENNtech 60-130 to yours "Without MT's" like it was helping the RENNtech car.

But even so, yes, if you were to throw on street tires the trap speed would be higher too.

Last edited by propain; 09-02-2012 at 02:34 PM.
Old 09-02-2012, 02:54 PM

But even so, yes, if you were to throw on street tires the trap speed would be higher too.
so this answers that the renntech car would have a better trap speed so that would be over 131mph since they trapped it with MTs given it a chance to give the Aventador a good run from a roll true?
Old 09-02-2012, 04:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
so this answers that the renntech car would have a better trap speed so that would be over 131mph since they trapped it with MTs given it a chance to give the Aventador a good run from a roll true?

Yes on street tires the RENNtech CLS63 should trap better if it can keep traction with street tires. On the street it probably wouldn't happen. On the drag strip with track prep its possible. Many factors involved though. Rim size, tire height and weight. ect. It wouldn't be night and day. The PSI would have more of a factor than the tire in my opinion.

From a roll on the street without good tires the CLS63 would most likely break loose and just spin while the Aventador walked away. On the drag strip regular tires with drag prep would be the solution for the best 60-130 due to the drag prep helping the street tires stick more than they would on the street.

You still didnt answer my question Mr. Wizard. What is your current trap speed?
Old 09-02-2012, 04:46 PM

Yes on street tires the RENNtech CLS63 should trap better if it can keep traction with street tires. On the street it probably wouldn't happen. On the drag strip with track prep its possible. Many factors involved though. Rim size, tire height and weight. ect. It wouldn't be night and day. The PSI would have more of a factor than the tire in my opinion.

From a roll on the street without good tires the CLS63 would most likely break loose and just spin while the Aventador walked away. On the drag strip regular tires with drag prep would be the solution for the best 60-130 due to the drag prep helping the street tires stick more than they would on the street.

You still didnt answer my question Mr. Wizard. What is your current trap speed?
Well I never took her to the track yet it's too hot here for track I am planning that soon and I will post my results

Since you are very well informed and can help crack this case, my car is equipped with a set of turbos that pump 30% more air than stock! plus all the bits and pieces gathered around to make it more powerful than the standard CLS with a tune IC and exhaust, actually with boost falling while dyno I have had the highest on whp dyno run posted in this forum of 649whp! From that time till today I had so many things done but never took her back to dyno maybe soon I will when I get her completed! Any ways the question is did you see my car breaking the tires loose in the video? So doesn't that mean that I by good luck had her hooked on this race? And therefore had a nice race by beating the beast! You know what's funny I even had my friend sitting with me! You know what's funnier my friend insisted that the LP700 had the jump on us
Old 09-02-2012, 04:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Well I never took her to the track yet it's too hot here for track I am planning that soon and I will post my results

Since you are very well informed and can help crack this case, my car is equipped with a set of turbos that pump 30% more air than stock! plus all the bits and pieces gathered around to make it more powerful than the standard CLS with a tune IC and exhaust, actually with boost falling while dyno I have had the highest on whp dyno run posted in this forum of 649whp! From that time till today I had so many things done but never took her back to dyno maybe soon I will when I get her completed! Any ways the question is did you see my car breaking the tires loose in the video? So doesn't that mean that I by good luck had her hooked on this race? And therefore had a nice race by beating the beast! You know what's funny I even had my friend sitting with me! You know what's funnier my friend insisted that the LP700 had the jump on us
What is it trapping on the VBOX? Also what 1/4 times on the VBOX? I figured your weather is horrible over there. I heard you have bigger turbos and that's all well and good but as we all know how bad turbos suffer from heat. The Aventador's power is all NA so it doesn't fall off like the CLS63 would with heat. If you were cruising around for a while I could see you losing a bit of power in that heat pretty quick.

That said I would imagine your car is probably a mid 10 car as well given the right conditions and if it can hook up. I don't see it being lower than a 10.2 which is what the Aventador is doing. Also the lambo is beast up top so after the 1/4 I would imagine it would walk away from you as well due to aerodynamics and a much better tranny. In a 1 mile race from a dig there is no way you would be ahead. Even if the Lambo didnt use LC.

I couldn't tell anything from the video really. I wish it was better to be honest.

To compare I raced a PP CLS63 in my Z06 that was putting down about 570WHP. From a roll we were pretty much dead even. My Z06 is stock and probably a 10.9 on the drag strip. I'm trapping 127ish in 75-80 degrees. So with all your work I could see you being mid 10's. All depends on what you are trapping and conditions.

Last edited by propain; 09-02-2012 at 05:01 PM.
Old 09-02-2012, 05:19 PM

What is it trapping on the VBOX? Also what 1/4 times on the VBOX? I figured your weather is horrible over there. I heard you have bigger turbos and that's all well and good but as we all know how bad turbos suffer from heat. The Aventador's power is all NA so it doesn't fall off like the CLS63 would with heat. If you were cruising around for a while I could see you losing a bit of power in that heat pretty quick.

That said I would imagine your car is probably a mid 10 car as well given the right conditions and if it can hook up. I don't see it being lower than a 10.2 which is what the Aventador is doing. Also the lambo is beast up top so after the 1/4 I would imagine it would walk away from you as well due to aerodynamics and a much better tranny. In a 1 mile race from a dig there is no way you would be ahead. Even if the Lambo didnt use LC.

I couldn't tell anything from the video really. I wish it was better to be honest.

To compare I raced a PP CLS63 in my Z06 that was putting down about 570WHP. From a roll we were pretty much dead even. My Z06 is stock and probably a 10.9 on the drag strip. I'm trapping 127ish in 75-80 degrees. So with all your work I could see you being mid 10's. All depends on what you are trapping and conditions.
That's well said, you say the LP is a 10.2 where was that done? Last video on the LP running in the airfield with the GTR C63BS and all the others it trapped 130 and did it in 10.9 you should consider the weather as disadvantage for both cars not only my car, as I said I had a lead it was great weather I jumped it or get jumped it all ended in one situation me getting ahead, I promised a video in my other thread and I delivered, and I promise my next video will be a video that you can't question
For the 1 mile question, dragtimeinfo in YouTube has a video of a CLS63 tuned by ppp that ended in 294km in wet weather and 296km in an LP, trust me it could be smoked in a mile easily
Old 09-02-2012, 10:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
That's well said, you say the LP is a 10.2 where was that done? Last video on the LP running in the airfield with the GTR C63BS and all the others it trapped 130 and did it in 10.9 you should consider the weather as disadvantage for both cars not only my car, as I said I had a lead it was great weather I jumped it or get jumped it all ended in one situation me getting ahead, I promised a video in my other thread and I delivered, and I promise my next video will be a video that you can't question
For the 1 mile question, dragtimeinfo in YouTube has a video of a CLS63 tuned by ppp that ended in 294km in wet weather and 296km in an LP, trust me it could be smoked in a mile easily

Not sure. I read 10.2. Then I read 10.4 is the actual number and not 10.2.

I do consider both weather disadvantages but its no secret turbos suffer way more than NA's in heat. Bring your car to a road course against the Aventador in 100 degree weather and you will see the difference quick.

Either way, I hope you do smoke one and have a really good video of it. Damn that would be like taking down a mountain with a bulldozer. Id love to see it!

I leave you with this:

Old 09-03-2012, 12:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
^^Enuff Said^^ but... but... my turbo's flow 30% more than stock & I have an updated IC pump.. Dbasson's vid will show his cls pulling @ least 2 bus lengths on both Aventador/Bugatti

Last edited by Thericker; 09-03-2012 at 12:04 AM.
Old 09-03-2012, 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by Thericker
^^Enuff Said^^ but... but... my turbo's flow 30% more than stock & I have an updated IC pump.. Dbasson's vid will show his cls pulling @ least 2 bus lengths on both Aventador/Bugatti
Grow up at least come back with an intelligent post!!
Old 09-03-2012, 03:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
C218 CLS63TT PP Edition1, W213 E63S
from rolling 100km - 300km i smoked easily a slight modified Z06 ( LT headers, intake, tune )

even up to 200km and then i gave him more than 3 car lengths up to 300km.

tune and catless downpipe.

Propain, you have a C63, so there is no way you can imagine the new TT how strong it is.

Thericker, i don't know how much your car puts power.

but for info, i smoked Brabus SL T65S 730hp about 4 car lengths. again from rolling 100km - 300km.

i would think that dbasons55 will smoke me about 4 cars lngth if not even more than that.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by Ali_E55
from rolling 100km - 300km i smoked easily a slight modified Z06 ( LT headers, intake, tune )

even up to 200km and then i gave him more than 3 car lengths up to 300km.

tune and catless downpipe.

Propain, you have a C63, so there is no way you can imagine the new TT how strong it is.

Thericker, i don't know how much your car puts power.

but for info, i smoked Brabus SL T65S 730hp about 4 car lengths. again from rolling 100km - 300km.

i would think that dbasons55 will smoke me about 4 cars lngth if not even more than that.

I know exactly how strong the TT is. What mods on your CLS?

There is no way you smoked easily a Z06 with tune,headers and intake unless you are modified beyond a tune only on the CLS63 and then I still dont think you would "Easily" walk anything.

You guys seem to think your CLS63's are a bit more than they are. The Z06 stock is a high 10 car in the 1/4 stock. The CLS63 tuned cant even do that. From a roll it does well and stays even with a Z06 but from a dig you will lose all day long in the CLS because its a big fat pig of a car.

Here is a good example: This is a C63 fully modded + Light weight verse the tuned PP CLS63 putting down 570WHP.

This is my Z06 which is stock verse the same C63

As you can see I overtake the C63 just like the CLS63 did. I also raced the same CLS63 up to 170 MPH and I was ahead by 1 1/2 cars.
Old 09-03-2012, 11:31 AM

'07 CLS 63 AMG
Propain - from the first C63 vs CLS 63, you can see the CLS 63 get a bad start, wrong gear...

If only every car had a Go-Pro at all times :P

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aventadore vs CLS63