C218 CLS63, 2011 - 2019

Lolly Pop Blue: HRE Wheels/ Pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 12:49 AM

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts
18'Porsche GT3, 16' Ram 3500 mega diesel,30' Model A Ratrod, 17' E43
Lower it and wrap it matte(or regular) dark grey(if your keeping them) might enhance these wheels, and probably look pretty sick. As long as your happy, its a CLS 63, fu## it, its a bada** car. I'm thinking that your other set should be finished in a darker color, rotors will look sick and they will match some of the other dark features you have. Stay strong with the comments Buddy, just enjoy the ride... But please lower it..lol
Old 08-22-2013, 01:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts
i drive them all, fast and hard
Originally Posted by Pertplus
HRE P44SC

oh yeah...i guess i didnt recognize as the center cap is a lil different than usual
Old 08-22-2013, 01:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cls63 brabus
nice
Old 08-22-2013, 02:12 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 CLS63
HRE P44SC
Pertplus , have you found that these wheels look WAYYY better in person than they do in photos?

I just put them on my cls a couple weeks ago and they look unbelievable but the pics I snapped on my phone just look okay. Maybe i will have to try with a nice camera....
Old 08-22-2013, 07:31 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,399 Likes on 2,844 Posts
2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by hyperion667
Oi........

Finally got the noobs in and DAMN..........they're nice

P41, 19inch

comments welcome

planning on having my p40sc set refinished: BUT WHAT COLOR?????

dropped: for Vic......now leave it alone

more?

love it or hate it........most couldn't afford it, so keep hating
Old 08-22-2013, 07:33 AM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by RobbieRob
Lower it and wrap it matte(or regular) dark grey(if your keeping them) might enhance these wheels, and probably look pretty sick. As long as your happy, its a CLS 63, fu## it, its a bada** car. I'm thinking that your other set should be finished in a darker color, rotors will look sick and they will match some of the other dark features you have. Stay strong with the comments Buddy, just enjoy the ride... But please lower it..lol
thanx for the comment man.........been talking to my indy shop about a drop......
Old 08-22-2013, 08:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 75 Likes on 50 Posts
Hyperion's Candy-Coated 4 x 4
Originally Posted by vdubpower
oh yeah...i guess i didnt recognize as the center cap is a lil different than usual
They're carbon fiber
Old 08-22-2013, 08:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by eball77
Pertplus , have you found that these wheels look WAYYY better in person than they do in photos?

I just put them on my cls a couple weeks ago and they look unbelievable but the pics I snapped on my phone just look okay. Maybe i will have to try with a nice camera....
I 100% agree that the P44SCs look way better in person than in pics.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:20 PM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
Old 08-22-2013, 12:22 PM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
Oi........

P41, 19inch

comments welcome

more?

LOL, looks like the 'mods' took down the rainbow wheels depot picture rock made for me........guess he was not feeling so good about posting that....
how many guys would love to be able to remove their own posts?
Old 08-22-2013, 12:24 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS

Wow what a sad and then less than sad thread and then back to sad.... Hyp maybe you get the emotional responses because you keep coming back with emotional retorts?

Did you really post that "most couldnt afford it" - pretty pathetic like the color of the wheels. No wonder you get comments like the ones you did. You welcome comments on the internet- you dont know the members personally so of course some are going to be less filtered in their statements and then you get all butt hurt.

I have always found you to be a reasonable member than doesnt carry the same taste as most others and thats fine. But lets not post an ugly set of wheels, ask for opinions and comments, and then when you dont like the posts make comments that are attributed to affordability.

and Rock didnt removed his post because he felt bad- we could care less about how you feel- I think he was worried that your next set would match his rainbow post. In fact Ill bet most posters held back in their real thoughts on those wheels LOL

Last edited by Vic55; 08-22-2013 at 12:46 PM.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:47 PM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
whatever dude, more sage wisdom...........
Old 08-22-2013, 12:57 PM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
when the hell did I ask for opinions? I said "comments welcome" and some how you reading between the lines, come up with that.......
always trying to put words in my mouth.......

that's a sign.....

all you people get bent out of shape about a color of wheel.......that is the sad part....
and then get upset about it too.......like they're you're effing wheels or something.......

the world of style and taste does not start and stop with you Vic......or anyone else for that matter.....

and well, trying to make a point to any of you guys is like you trying to make a point to me I guess.....and while I can accept truth and reality......seems a lot of you live in dream worlds where you're the only person you're responsible for......

and you say I'm butthurt?? what does that even mean??? my butt hurts because a few dudes don't like my badass wheels?????? oh boo hoo......

keep making me laugh some more......

true colors man............true colors.........
Old 08-22-2013, 12:59 PM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
Oi........

P41, 19inch

comments welcome

more?

hey you guys feel free to post up YOUR wheels too eh?? LOL

comments welcome.........A-holes not welcome
Old 08-22-2013, 03:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

There is an old saying in law that "when you dont have the facts on your side, you argue the law; and when you dont have the law on your side, you argue the facts. And when you have neither, you just bang on the table and yell loudly."

That seems to be the method you're employing here. What I don't understand is that I have seen plenty of posts where you made a**hole comments: 1) about people lowering their; 2) wheel choices; 3) about me and Vic getting BMWs -- JUST TO NAME A FEW...I mean, didnt you even assume on a post once that I was some young 20yr old little spoiled rich kid? My favorite part was that you make those kinds of outlandish proclamations, and then have the ***** to ask me to sell you mods off my CLS63 and "hook you up" before I sell it.

You want comments, but not opinions? You want comments, but don't want people to be *******s? S**it, I wanted the CLS63 to come with folding mirrors, but it didnt. We all have to learn to live with disappointment in life and move on. How in God's name did you expect to post pictures of these wheels and not expect at least some people to light you up (metaphorically speaking) about your color choice?

And you, the person that says lowering one's car is ghetto, have the temerity to get offended that people find your choice of wheel finish to be simply awful? Why do you even care what people think anyways? I mean, you have resisted lowering your car and buying 20" wheels since the beginning of time...but now, you become thin skinned because you spent $5000k+ on wheels that look more out of place than pictures of Vic driving a stock car?

Didn't you also comment once on a Klassen thread, that when you think of that word, you think of pickles, because of "Klaussen"? Did the owner of Klassen burst on to the forum and get all apoplectic because of your comment? No. You know why, because this is a forum, a place where people post and discuss ideas and, perish the thought, opinions!!!

No one on this forum that has ever spent money on their car can say with a straight face, there isnt one modification, looking back, that they would probably have not purchased. So why cant you just simply say, I made a mistake or "thanks for the opinions, but I like the wheels the way they are"? For f*ck's sake, they are just wheels. And to say people are jealous because they can't afford them is so asinine that it barely deserves a mention. There are plenty of people on this forum who can outspend you. That isnt the issue. This isn't about being jealous that someone has expensive wheels that we all want (because god knows I have never been lucky enough to get a set of HREs), but this is like someone flying to Italy, only to stay in their hotel room and eat Chef Boyardee. No one is mad that they cant afford these wheels...people are mad that someone who can afford these wheels, did what you did to them.

Just let it go. I have people telling me that I should take the chrome off my M5 door handles, de-badge it, lower my M3 more, blah blah blah. I simply respond "thanks, but I am good". They are my cars, I pay the bills and until that changes, I am going to keep them the way I want.
Old 08-22-2013, 03:53 PM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
There is an old saying in law that "when you dont have the facts on your side, you argue the law; and when you dont have the law on your side, you argue the facts. And when you have neither, you just bang on the table and yell loudly."

That seems to be the method you're employing here. What I don't understand is that I have seen plenty of posts where you made a**hole comments: 1) about people lowering their; 2) wheel choices; 3) about me and Vic getting BMWs -- JUST TO NAME A FEW...I mean, didnt you even assume on a post once that I was some young 20yr old little spoiled rich kid? My favorite part was that you make those kinds of outlandish proclamations, and then have the ***** to ask me to sell you mods off my CLS63 and "hook you up" before I sell it.

You want comments, but not opinions? You want comments, but don't want people to be *******s? S**it, I wanted the CLS63 to come with folding mirrors, but it didnt. We all have to learn to live with disappointment in life and move on. How in God's name did you expect to post pictures of these wheels and not expect at least some people to light you up (metaphorically speaking) about your color choice?

And you, the person that says lowering one's car is ghetto, have the temerity to get offended that people find your choice of wheel finish to be simply awful? Why do you even care what people think anyways? I mean, you have resisted lowering your car and buying 20" wheels since the beginning of time...but now, you become thin skinned because you spent $5000k+ on wheels that look more out of place than pictures of Vic driving a stock car?

Didn't you also comment once on a Klassen thread, that when you think of that word, you think of pickles, because of "Klaussen"? Did the owner of Klassen burst on to the forum and get all apoplectic because of your comment? No. You know why, because this is a forum, a place where people post and discuss ideas and, perish the thought, opinions!!!

No one on this forum that has ever spent money on their car can say with a straight face, there isnt one modification, looking back, that they would probably have not purchased. So why cant you just simply say, I made a mistake or "thanks for the opinions, but I like the wheels the way they are"? For f*ck's sake, they are just wheels. And to say people are jealous because they can't afford them is so asinine that it barely deserves a mention. There are plenty of people on this forum who can outspend you. That isnt the issue. This isn't about being jealous that someone has expensive wheels that we all want (because god knows I have never been lucky enough to get a set of HREs), but this is like someone flying to Italy, only to stay in their hotel room and eat Chef Boyardee. No one is mad that they cant afford these wheels...people are mad that someone who can afford these wheels, did what you did to them.

Just let it go. I have people telling me that I should take the chrome off my M5 door handles, de-badge it, lower my M3 more, blah blah blah. I simply respond "thanks, but I am good". They are my cars, I pay the bills and until that changes, I am going to keep them the way I want.
thanx for a thought out post man,
I have no excuse besides being ticked at the level of un support.....
and I am not offended by opinions!!!!
just can't believe some of the replies, and then other replies........

in response to the Klassen thing, it was only a joke and meant to give a laugh not insult some wheels with pickles, because damn, I like pickles....
I should maybe start posting a disclaimer along with all of my posts that I like jokes and like to try and make them too, my brand of humor may be bland huh? the 'affording one' comment is/was lame I admit........I don't know where that came from.....

and I'll take your advise and state that I like the wheels, and I hear what everyone here is saying about them, I'm just being myself and having a good time........never expected this from a community I felt like I had a lot of support from and even some friends.....sort of.....
all the 'one ups' and 'who can be more casually insulting' is just too much for me sometimes........
probably won't keep this color forever because I change wheels a lot......
but at least I know who's blowing smoke and who isn't anymore......
this cleared a lot up for me,
thanx again for taking time to write something that makes sense, I do appreciate that
Old 08-22-2013, 04:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
E55 amg
sry If I came off as a d!ck, u have one of the best cars money can buy and I like you're wheels just not the color.... I would have chosen a black or tinted brush color. sry again, remember internet has no tone so sometimes things are read the wrong way.
Old 08-22-2013, 04:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Now post pics of this orange E-class I keep hearing about!!
Old 08-22-2013, 04:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 373 Likes on 325 Posts
Only MBs - the best or nothing
The OP with almost 9K posts. None (not a single one) of any value among those that I read. The most prudent action is to put this idiot on ignore list. Let him talk to himself. He just joined three of his "friends" on mine.
Old 08-22-2013, 05:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 E550
best response i ever heard

Originally Posted by threeMBs
The OP with almost 9K posts. None (not a single one) of any value among those that I read. The most prudent action is to put this idiot on ignore list. Let him talk to himself. He just joined three of his "friends" on mine.
excellent advice. whats a waste of bandwidth this thread has become
Old 08-22-2013, 05:14 PM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by AMG E Power
sry If I came off as a d!ck, u have one of the best cars money can buy and I like you're wheels just not the color.... I would have chosen a black or tinted brush color. sry again, remember internet has no tone so sometimes things are read the wrong way.
thanx man for allowing me some humility......
I have always tried to rectify anything I have said to folks to bother them.....
and I respect this type of sentiment

I have already had two sets of black wheels, albeit not on my cls yet.....
and just sent the tinted ones off for a refinish, just wanted to try a new scheme on the car with the blues.......maybe I should get some black for a bit.....
Now post pics of this orange E-class I keep hearing about!!
haha.....that got some 'comments' too, that was a fun project/experiment....thought I had some in an album
Old 08-22-2013, 05:16 PM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by threeMBs
Originally Posted by miky2001
excellent advice. whats a waste of bandwidth this thread has become
it's posts like these.......with so much passion and hate that really concern me about the youth of today....

guy takes a stab....then prevents himself from having to read any sort of rebuttle......
and the beloved 'post count' insult!!! that could be looked at a number of ways
Old 08-22-2013, 07:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

hyp have u been reposting your own repost.......thats kinda weak man

comments welcomes encompasses compliments, insults, opinions, random thoughts

your should have just asked for compliments....but then we would still be on post number 1
Old 08-22-2013, 07:56 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by vdubpower
hyp have u been reposting your own repost.......thats kinda weak man

comments welcomes encompasses compliments, insults, opinions, random thoughts

your should have just asked for compliments....but then we would still be on post number 1
Vdub Im proud of you that was crafty.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

thank you kind sir

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lolly Pop Blue: HRE Wheels/ Pics