CLS 2012 , Command fails to boot.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2014, 06:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS
CLS 2012 , Command fails to boot.

Hello all ,

I am facing a weird issue with my CLS 350 2012. The command would not start , it keeps feezing on the Mercedes Benz Logo , or the Warning message afterwards , if it boots , it will function for about only 2 seconds and then restarts and freezes again the Mercedes Logo.

Has anyone faced such problem before ? is there a quick fix for this maybe ?

please watch video I took explaining the problems

I have done some exterior mods to the cars body , ( installed a Misha Body Kid , and did a paint job on it). But I don't see how any of the work that was done can harm the command , plus it was working for a while after the mods were complete.

Things I tried :

1- Unplugged the battery for 15 minutes and replugged it. ( did not fix ).

Any Tips / suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Old 05-19-2014, 04:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 167 Likes on 133 Posts
2021 Porsche TTS
Never heard anyone with that problem.
Sorry for not having a solution for you other than bring it to your dealer as I assume you are still under warranty.
Old 05-19-2014, 07:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS
Originally Posted by emericr
Never heard anyone with that problem.
Sorry for not having a solution for you other than bring it to your dealer as I assume you are still under warranty.

Hi , Thanks alot for your reply , ill wait a couple more days , see what people think in here , then I guess I will have no choice but to take an appointment with the dealer to check this problem out , yes my Warranty is still valid but unfortunately , I have done plenty of exterior mods , I am worried that they might b**ch about it and shift blame to me. It is very common for dealers where I live to take such action even thou I have not touched any thing related to the engine or electronics.

Here are pictures of my car after the mods , I have plans to take some professional shots soon and share them with a bit of explanation on all the modding that happened in a different thread build log.

CLS 2012 , Command fails to boot.-y6ot0ue.jpg
CLS 2012 , Command fails to boot.-fq2vkww.jpg

Thanks again
Old 05-22-2014, 10:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 167 Likes on 133 Posts
2021 Porsche TTS
Nice mods. I like the rear bumper. I understand what you are saying but you need to escalate it above the dealer if they are not providing warranty services for this issue.