Have you noticed?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2015 | 12:29 PM

ED1 e63S
Have you noticed?

Hi everyone,

I had a few questions for you.

1.) I noticed my heated seats on my CLS63 are significantly less hot than my 2009 C63 or any of the other loaner cars (most recently a 2015 ML350 which got super hot). Anyone else noticed this? Do I maybe have an issue? I keep mine on constantly because of my back issues, so I was really disappointed to notice how much less hot they got.

2.) Anyone else's HK system lacking compared to other HK systems in other MB vehicles? Same issue as the heated seats, both my 2009 C63 and my 2015 ML350 loaner had significantly better sounding HK stereo's. Specifically, the ML. That thing was bangin'! I've obviously toyed with the treble and bass settings but the clarity is just not there. I noticed the ML has significantly larger sail speakers in the A pillar, so I'm working if they have different systems or maybe even different amps per car. If so, I'm wondering if I could buy a larger amp from say the ML to help with the system. Not interested in doing a full on aftermarket system, more wondering if I have a blown speaker or just a weaker system than other models.

Thank you guys in advance for any feedback you might have!
Old 07-10-2015 | 09:54 PM

---
I can't speak about the heated seats since I've only had my '13 for about 3 weeks now in the dead of summer, but the ventilated (cooled) seats leave A LOT to be desired. I can hear the fan run when the car is silent, but the temp difference is almost non-existant. On my '14 Jeep GC Summit, the cooled seats were awesome! Maybe there's a problem here?

As for the music, what audio source are you running? The reason I ask is because I had been streaming music via bluetooth (iPhone 6) and ultimately purchased the MB lightning cable that plugs directly into the center armrest. In addition to getting the album artwork and COMMAND functionality with the MB cable, the SOUND QUALITY IS MUCH BETTER. Sorry, I rarely use caps, but the sounds quality is soooo much better with the cable compared to the bluetooth in this car. I've streamed via bluetooth in several vehicles, but I've never noticed such a night and day difference than on the '13 CLS63. Plus, it helps that I managed to find the cable on eBay for $30 shipped. Usually they're in the $55-60 range.

My only complaint with the MB iPhone lighting connector is that it's so damn short. It's clearly designed to stay inside the center armrest. Maybe a lightning extension will work? Ideas?

Last edited by wasupdu; 07-10-2015 at 10:26 PM.
Old 07-13-2015 | 09:39 AM

ED1 e63S
Originally Posted by wasupdu
I can't speak about the heated seats since I've only had my '13 for about 3 weeks now in the dead of summer, but the ventilated (cooled) seats leave A LOT to be desired. I can hear the fan run when the car is silent, but the temp difference is almost non-existant. On my '14 Jeep GC Summit, the cooled seats were awesome! Maybe there's a problem here?

As for the music, what audio source are you running? The reason I ask is because I had been streaming music via bluetooth (iPhone 6) and ultimately purchased the MB lightning cable that plugs directly into the center armrest. In addition to getting the album artwork and COMMAND functionality with the MB cable, the SOUND QUALITY IS MUCH BETTER. Sorry, I rarely use caps, but the sounds quality is soooo much better with the cable compared to the bluetooth in this car. I've streamed via bluetooth in several vehicles, but I've never noticed such a night and day difference than on the '13 CLS63. Plus, it helps that I managed to find the cable on eBay for $30 shipped. Usually they're in the $55-60 range.

My only complaint with the MB iPhone lighting connector is that it's so damn short. It's clearly designed to stay inside the center armrest. Maybe a lightning extension will work? Ideas?
Both the heating and cooling of the seats are very poor in comparison to other MB models. I'm quite disappointed to be honest. Every other MB I've driven has warmer seats and my mother's ML350 has cooler cooled seats.

On the music source, I used a memory card with a 320k quality track. The quality was dramatically different. I do have the OEM cable but I've yet to test it. It's the old cable with the 30 pin connector but I have the apple adapter. I will try that but the memory card test was to me, an apples to apples comparison.