C218 CLS63, 2011 - 2019

CLS63 AMG Tune

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2016 | 05:05 AM

2011 CLS63 AMG
CLS63 AMG Tune

Hey everyone. I've had a 2011 CLS63 for 2 months now and reading all about the potential of the M157 and what everyone's been getting out of just a tune got me researching all about the options for us Aussies. Just thought I'd write up my experience thus far in case any fellow Aussies with M157 wanna make that jump.

Got on the phone and spoke to whichever tuner in sydney I could get a hold of and after lots of online research, spoke to Christian from the Evolve Technik in Melbourne who took the time to go through what I could expect and his experience and suggestions. Peak Performance in Parramatta Sydney are distributors for the tune and can do all the work on the car for Stage 2+ mods and they've given me a courtesy car for a few days while this happens! Essentially they're sending the ECU down to Evolve Technik in Melbourne who will drill into the ECU and load a PP-Performance tune (German tuning house). The website claims a power upgrade at the crank to 478kw and 1000Nm and it's gonna set me back AUD$2900 for the tune.

Quite excited but a bit apprehensive also about receiving the car next week. Not sure if it was a great idea for a car that's got ~100k on the clock for a 2011 model. It's a shame I didn't dyno the car pre-tune but gonna get it dynoed post-tune to see if the power figures add up. But mainly hoping the drivability and hesitancy of the car improves at lower range RPM. Not much out there about PP-Performance on this forum but from all their media releases and some research I did they sound fairly on the ball. And I really didn't wanna post my ECU to the US and wait for the long turn around time without much local support in Australia if anything went pear shaped. Hoping I've made the right choice.

I'll post the results to the forum and the experience with Peak Performance/Evolve Technik/PP-Performance tune as soon as I get my hands on the car again.

Any suggestions welcome.
Stay tuned!
Old 01-24-2016 | 09:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 E550 Coupe, 2013 Escalade ESV, 2013 Lexus GS350, 2003 Honda VFR, 2017 Yamaha Kodiak 700 EPS SE
Good luck and look forward to reading your observations post-tune!
Old 01-25-2016 | 03:53 AM

2014 CLS63 S
I'm in Australia too... Northern NSW. I'd be interested to know how it goes. I was planning to do downpipes plus tune but now considering upgraded turbos. I thought I could buy one of the kits from Kleemann, AMS or Weistec etc and get a local mechanic to do the installation.
Old 01-25-2016 | 09:19 AM

2011 CLS63 AMG
Northern NSW? Which part? I'm moving to the North Coast at the end of the week.. just when the car gets completed. Love the photos from the black shooting brakes, beautiful car.. you've obviously got a hunger for much more power than I do! I'm still getting used to the immense power and thrill of driving a M157 having come from a modified STi.. the Evolve Technik/PP-Performance guys have the option of turbo/exhaust/cooling upgrades with local support but I'm going slow with the mods.. I also had a chat to RamSpeed/TuningWorld in Sydney who were very helpful over the phone and sent me some info (they use KraftWerks tunes) but they quoted me AUD$4850 for a stage 2 ECU tune only.. what has given me alot of confidence with the Evolve Technik guys was that PP-Performance has the record for the fastest CLS63 quarter mile run with their Abu Dhabi workshop so they've got the experience with this tune..
Old 01-26-2016 | 02:49 AM

2014 CLS63 S
Originally Posted by cosmicclubber
Northern NSW? Which part? I'm moving to the North Coast at the end of the week.. just when the car gets completed. Love the photos from the black shooting brakes, beautiful car.. you've obviously got a hunger for much more power than I do! I'm still getting used to the immense power and thrill of driving a M157 having come from a modified STi.. the Evolve Technik/PP-Performance guys have the option of turbo/exhaust/cooling upgrades with local support but I'm going slow with the mods.. I also had a chat to RamSpeed/TuningWorld in Sydney who were very helpful over the phone and sent me some info (they use KraftWerks tunes) but they quoted me AUD$4850 for a stage 2 ECU tune only.. what has given me alot of confidence with the Evolve Technik guys was that PP-Performance has the record for the fastest CLS63 quarter mile run with their Abu Dhabi workshop so they've got the experience with this tune..
I'm in the countryside between Byron Bay and Lismore. The reason that I'm considering the whole hog at once is because when I was modifying my Forester I got addicted to increasing the power and gradually went through several rounds of mods ending up with even replacing the short block. It will now outrun my friend's tuned STI. However, it would have been cheaper and less time consuming to just have done the whole lot first off! I'll be interested to see what you think of the PP performance tune.
Old 01-26-2016 | 08:51 PM

AMG GTR PRO
looking forward to see the results !
Old 01-28-2016 | 10:18 PM

2011 CLS63 AMG
So I picked the car up yesterday and OMG the car is a completely different machine after the tune. No more hesitation, so much more torque down the lower range of rpm, so much more fun to drive. And for a stock car with a tune only it feels crazy fast to me.

I got a dyno power run (at a different workshop that has the Dyno Dynamics) today and the result was a bit of pleasant suprise for me.. 3 runs (2 in 4th gear and 1 in 5th gear).. 564hp at wheel and very good AFR on the 3rd run in 5th gear (562hp at wheel in 4th gear runs)... very happy with the car.. thanks to David and Nicholas at Peak Performance, Parramatta for their great service and for the courtesy car, and Christian at Evolve Technik who loaded the tune for me.. and the PP-Performance guys for an awesome tune..

Old 01-29-2016 | 03:38 AM

2014 CLS63 S
Sounds great. Now I know a local option....
Old 01-29-2016 | 02:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 E550 Coupe, 2013 Escalade ESV, 2013 Lexus GS350, 2003 Honda VFR, 2017 Yamaha Kodiak 700 EPS SE
Impressive results!

Originally Posted by cosmicclubber
So I picked the car up yesterday and OMG the car is a completely different machine after the tune. No more hesitation, so much more torque down the lower range of rpm, so much more fun to drive. And for a stock car with a tune only it feels crazy fast to me.

I got a dyno power run (at a different workshop that has the Dyno Dynamics) today and the result was a bit of pleasant suprise for me.. 3 runs (2 in 4th gear and 1 in 5th gear).. 564hp at wheel and very good AFR on the 3rd run in 5th gear (562hp at wheel in 4th gear runs)... very happy with the car.. thanks to David and Nicholas at Peak Performance, Parramatta for their great service and for the courtesy car, and Christian at Evolve Technik who loaded the tune for me.. and the PP-Performance guys for an awesome tune..