C218 CLS63, 2011 - 2019

Changed Brake Pads, No More Dust!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2016, 01:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes Benz CLS63 AMG
Changed Brake Pads, No More Dust!

I just changed the brake pads on my 12 63, been running for a week or so now, haven't driven much (only when the pavement has been dry, just to test out these pads), but I have noticed that the black dust I was getting is stopped now. I have had to clean these wheels every 2 days or so to keep them clean, and that is a bother. I used the Disc Italia Hyper Ceramic, they seem to feel good, and again, NO DUST! I'm happy about that!

I did not change the rotors, they weren't seeming to need changing. There is a small lip there, less than 1mm, and these things cost a bit, too! Most rotors should last for 2 sets of pads anyway, and these seem to be easily on track for that.

Overall, pretty good...

Aiden
Old 01-27-2016, 02:03 PM

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
2019 S560 Maybach
Would like to know how they hold up over time and under heavy stress. I'd be interested in something like that too, because I hate the dust.

I had a friend swap the pads only on his BMW 5 series to reduce dust and for better grip, but they totally warped the rotor after a couple months because of the increased friction heat... Had to replace both then.

Hope that doesn't happen to you! Keep us posted!
Old 01-28-2016, 12:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes Benz CLS63 AMG
Thanks for the heads up; I've been told the ceramic pads lower the temperature and therefore will not be a risk to the rotor. I always look to my own experience in these matters for the simple reason that there are conflicting opinions. Dealers just tell you the standard line, not really the real goods. So you're right, time will tell!!

Remember, good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement!

Anyway, with the brake pads, so far so good!

Aiden