C218 CLS63, 2011 - 2019

Opinions needed. Which tune (M157) - OE or EuroCharged?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2018, 09:18 PM

Received 154 Likes on 111 Posts
CLS 63 and M4
Opinions needed. Which tune (M157) - OE or EuroCharged?

Im not even sure I should tune an engine with close to 70k miles on the clock....but....tis the season!!! I figured I'd give myself a Christmas present...since both tunes are on sale...and perk up the engine a bit. So which should I choose? Does anyone actually have the OE tune? Anybody have experience with the EC tune?

all opinions are greatly appreciated...
Old 12-18-2018, 10:41 AM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
2012 CLS63 AMG stock (For now)
Originally Posted by 1MavRick
Im not even sure I should tune an engine with close to 70k miles on the clock....but....tis the season!!! I figured I'd give myself a Christmas present...since both tunes are on sale...and perk up the engine a bit. So which should I choose? Does anyone actually have the OE tune? Anybody have experience with the EC tune?

all opinions are greatly appreciated...
Hello 1MavRick,
I was faced with the same dilemma. Normally I would recommend renntech or eurocharged. Those cost a pretty penny though depending on the tune or package. However, check out Alpha performance (You know the guys who tune 2000hp Gtrs). They have a tune that produces 700Hp and 830 lbft torque.@ https://alphaperformance.com/calibra...o-calibration/ . For the same price or less than renntech or eurocharged you get more HP for cheaper and it's a proven company. Heck, check out the Alpha 7 and Alpha 9 package on an E63 (Same engine as our cls63) at
. I was also contemplating whether or not to get the tune since people complain that the cars reliability reduces since parts wear out faster. But, keep in mind that it is true for people who plan to abuse the car or take it on tracks. But I believe for people like you and me who just want to drive normally, while having that power available, it should be fine. But this doesn't stop us from burning corvettes and GTRs every once in a while
Old 12-18-2018, 10:47 AM

Received 154 Likes on 111 Posts
CLS 63 and M4
Originally Posted by Terence E ENoh
Hello 1MavRick,
I was faced with the same dilemma. Normally I would recommend renntech or eurocharged. Those cost a pretty penny though depending on the tune or package. However, check out Alpha performance (You know the guys who tune 2000hp Gtrs). They have a tune that produces 700Hp and 830 lbft torque.@ https://alphaperformance.com/calibra...o-calibration/ . For the same price or less than renntech or eurocharged you get more HP for cheaper and it's a proven company. Heck, check out the Alpha 7 and Alpha 9 package on an E63 (Same engine as our cls63) at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qr-wNsYx3W8 . I was also contemplating whether or not to get the tune since people complain that the cars reliability reduces since parts wear out faster. But, keep in mind that it is true for people who plan to abuse the car or take it on tracks. But I believe for people like you and me who just want to drive normally, while having that power available, it should be fine. But this doesn't stop us from burning corvettes and GTRs every once in a while
AMS would be my top choice. Those guys do amazing work on a variety of platforms. The only reason I’m really thinking of a tune so soon into ownership is because of the EOY sales by OE ($1000) and EC ($1300 for Stage 1 or 2). Those are just too good to pass up.

And youre right...my ‘commute’ is less than a half mile and I live in Atlanta where traffic is a way of life. So I’m not too awful worried about failure as long as the tune comes from a reputable company.

Decisions, man. Thanx for the response. And congrats on the new sled!
Old 01-04-2019, 03:42 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
2012 CLS63 AMG stock (For now)
Originally Posted by 1MavRick

AMS would be my top choice. Those guys do amazing work on a variety of platforms. The only reason I’m really thinking of a tune so soon into ownership is because of the EOY sales by OE ($1000) and EC ($1300 for Stage 1 or 2). Those are just too good to pass up.

And youre right...my ‘commute’ is less than a half mile and I live in Atlanta where traffic is a way of life. So I’m not too awful worried about failure as long as the tune comes from a reputable company.

Decisions, man. Thanx for the response. And congrats on the new sled!
Hello,
Did you end up getting the Eurocharged tune? I agree with you that it's a steal to get a stage 2 for $1300. I would no doubt have gotten it.
Old 04-12-2020, 11:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 cls550
Originally Posted by Terence E ENoh
Hello 1MavRick,
I was faced with the same dilemma. Normally I would recommend renntech or eurocharged. Those cost a pretty penny though depending on the tune or package. However, check out Alpha performance (You know the guys who tune 2000hp Gtrs). They have a tune that produces 700Hp and 830 lbft torque.@ https://alphaperformance.com/calibra...o-calibration/ . For the same price or less than renntech or eurocharged you get more HP for cheaper and it's a proven company. Heck, check out the Alpha 7 and Alpha 9 package on an E63 (Same engine as our cls63) at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qr-wNsYx3W8 . I was also contemplating whether or not to get the tune since people complain that the cars reliability reduces since parts wear out faster. But, keep in mind that it is true for people who plan to abuse the car or take it on tracks. But I believe for people like you and me who just want to drive normally, while having that power available, it should be fine. But this doesn't stop us from burning corvettes and GTRs every once in a while
I know it’s an old post but Renntech and AMS tunes seem to be similarly priced vs EC and OE offering more bang for your buck.
Old 05-03-2020, 03:53 PM

Received 60 Likes on 52 Posts
2013 C63 AMG P31
I cant say enough good things about Eurocharged I was one of their original beta testers for the v7 tune when I had my C63. What a night and day change that was, the car was already a monster but that v7 took it to a whole new level and without sacrificing drivability. One thing that I could not get over was the rev match on the down shift it was amazing and I loved my drive to work in the morning getting on and off the express way. Eurocharged gets an A+ in my book.
The following users liked this post:
loungn14 (05-03-2020)
Old 05-03-2020, 06:19 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by Do_Dirty
I know it’s an old post but Renntech and AMS tunes seem to be similarly priced vs EC and OE offering more bang for your buck.
not if you look at the current draggy results. Our E85 tune is night and day difference and make just as much power on a stock car then a ams turbo upgrade car
Old 11-18-2020, 10:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
c450 amg
New to forums just wanted to add my 2014 E63 AMGs 4matic stage 2 stock everything else even downpipes and filers went 10.99 1/4 at 129mph with 2% down slope! ** forgot to add it’s EC stage 2
Old 12-06-2020, 02:52 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
OE all the way had mine for 2 years zero issues
The following users liked this post:
SALES@OETUNING (12-06-2020)