C218 CLS63, 2011 - 2019

2013 CLS550-HOW TO RESET AIR SUSPENSION

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2020, 08:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 CLS 550
Unhappy 2013 CLS550-HOW TO RESET AIR SUSPENSION

I ran into an issue where the front right control arm bolt became loose. At first, I thought the control had went bad. So, I was looking to replace it (it is the thin one/centered on hub/chassis.) I removed it. There appears to be a sensor arm that is connected to the rod by a u-bolt. I removed the u-bolt and rotated the arm out of the way. I discovered that the rod was in great shape, however the bolt appeared to be stripped. I purchase a replacement bolt and put it all back together. I go to take the car for a test drive and the air suspension lifts the car fully. I will not sit back down in a normal position. I have tried selecting sport/comfort/lowering options with no luck. The dash reads to the car is too low when it fact it is the opposite. I did not disconnect the battery during the install. And, I jacked up the front end of the car.

Is there a way to reset the air suspension system?

thanks!

Can the airmatic sensor in the front be bad? How to check?

***UPDATE***
So, the car sat in the drive-way for a couple of days. I was looking to get it towed into the nearest dealer for evaluation. I decided to try one last thing. I crawled under the front end and removed the sensor arm from the control arm. I raised it a bit and then the air compression kicked in. I connected it back in place and while doing so the car return to a level mode. I test drove it and everything check up with no warnings. Car has been doing great ever since. Stroke of luck, I believe.

Last edited by tbs456; 10-01-2020 at 06:02 PM.
Old 09-28-2020, 11:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 284 Likes on 222 Posts
E63S
You might have better luck posting your question over at the Non-AMG section. CLS/E63 AMGs do NOT have front air suspension. Only air suspension in the rear (although we do have suspension sensors up front). Something you may try is to disconnect the negative terminal to the battery over night to do a reset... although I dunno if that will do anything specific to suspension settings. Best of luck troubleshooting this. If you find the solution, pls post.