C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

okay...got a problem...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 11:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 Z06
okay...got a problem...

I thought I was set on getting me a new E55...but as I read through all these posts...it seems a lot of people of dropping their E55 for the new CLS55. Can I get some pro's and cons of each. I and now at a 50/50 for both. The only thing that is keeping me back is price. Aren't the CLS55's about $110,000?

I have been looking of Ebay for some and their is a white on casmere!!!!!!!(SEXY) so I just don't know. HELPPPP!!!!!

Matthew Haynes
Old 07-01-2005, 11:28 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
You won't get any really good information out of this thread. I'm not being rude or anything, I'm just saying it how it is.

The thing is, the pros and cons of each car respectively have been discussed in their forums. A simple search would reveal that, and a more intensive search would show you all the information you're looking for.

To sum it up, the CLS has horrible rear room, more elegent styling, while the E55 is more practical. Other then that, they are honestly almost identical.

Toss a coin

As for the price, don't believe a lot what you read. I've said this before in previous posts, so I'll copy and paste it here.

Send a fax to every dealer in the state with the options you want exactly, and tell them they have 72 hours to fax you back the best price they can give you.

You should then shop from there, that way you don't have to ask, 'is this the best price? or could we do better'

Good luck! And keep us updated!

Use eBay as a tool, personally I'd avoid shopping through them, if you really like something, I'd give the seller a personal call and see if arrangements could be made or what not.

Remember, the internet can give you all the information you need, as long as you use it
Old 07-01-2005, 01:45 PM

2012 Diavel
Tell us about your CTS-V. I assume your are replacing one for the other. As far as the E55/CLS55 comparison, yes they are very similar. The rear room isn't horrible, just less head and leg than the e55. I traded my E55 for the CLS55 because it was the right time on the odometer for me and it was brand new and different than other Benz products from a styling stand point. But I am already planning my next trade...
Old 07-01-2005, 02:27 PM

2008 Z06
Thanks for all your information...

I've seen and test drove an E55 and ABSOLUTELY loved it! I've also seen a CLS500, but never a CLS55 in person. I would really like to so I can compare the differences. The CLS- is a love/hate car and I'm in stuck on how much I really like it. It so sexy in some ways and different too. Guess time will tell.

As for the CTS-V. It's an '05 and I got it on Thanksgiving week in '04. It's black on black and has every option...(not like there's a lot to choose from). Anyway, I'm actually selling both the CTS-V and the Supra. I'm selling the Supra because it's just gotten a little old dealing with everything on it (fully built race motor pushing 800+rwhp). And I'm selling the V because it's a manual and I've had a manual car since my very first car and having two just is annoying now. So, I've thought about something I could get that would be satisfyingly fast/luxurious/and breath takingly beautiful enough to replace both. i.e.- MB E55/CLS55. So, I'm selling the Supra for $50,000 (FIRM) and the the CTS-V for ~$38,000. Anyway, if anyone is interested, let me know!

Matthew Haynes

Pic's
okay...got a problem...-picture019.jpg
Old 07-01-2005, 11:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MHaynes772
I thought I was set on getting me a new E55...but as I read through all these posts...it seems a lot of people of dropping their E55 for the new CLS55. Can I get some pro's and cons of each. I and now at a 50/50 for both. The only thing that is keeping me back is price. Aren't the CLS55's about $110,000?

I have been looking of Ebay for some and their is a white on casmere!!!!!!!(SEXY) so I just don't know. HELPPPP!!!!!

Matthew Haynes
why don't u go to MBUSA.com build one the way u want it see how much it cost? base car starting about 87k that's far from 110k.