C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

CLS 55 vs Europe Mitsubishi evo VII? Not a kill story but comparison.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 01:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 C32 Black/Charcoal
Originally Posted by caliboy
YOUR NAME IS VOMIT RIGHT........DON"T KNOW WHO YOU ARE AND DON"T CARE TO ANSWER TO YOUR IMMATURE SCARCASTIC REPLY. It made me VOMIT when I heard your reply. You know my point and that is why I said I would buy both cars for different purposes, so for you too........READ THE ABOVE POST in response to whatever his name is.

BTW don't even bother to reply. I'm outta this section of the forum. Peace!
By your sheer wit and depth of knowledge, I have no doubt that you graduated at the top of your class from a very fine medical school. Mind telling us which one?

P.S.: Assuming that you somehow actually did graduate and, God forbid, are actually going to practice, I'm sure that the blown Pinto will look really nice in the parking lot of the Norco Community Clinic.

Last edited by Vomit; 08-17-2005 at 01:38 AM.
Old 08-17-2005, 02:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 Cls 63 amg, 2006 Bmw M6
Originally Posted by Vomit
By your sheer wit and depth of knowledge, I have no doubt that you graduated at the top of your class from a very fine medical school. Mind telling us which one?

P.S.: Assuming that you somehow actually did graduate and, God forbid, are actually going to practice, I'm sure that the blown Pinto will look really nice in the parking lot of the Norco Community Clinic.
The school's called University of YOUR MAMA!

BTW I know times are rough and you being self-employed and all. You might need a little help. I need a janitor for my pain clinic....interested?

All this coming from a guy who also drives a C class

Last edited by caliboy; 08-17-2005 at 02:09 AM.
Old 08-17-2005, 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by mick1
i like this engine more, caliboy

2006 Z06
$65,000
Type: V8
Displacement cu in (cc): 427 (7011)
Power bhp (kW) at RPM: 500(373) / 6200
Torque lb-ft (Nm) at RPM: 475(657) / 4800
Redline at RPM: 7000
Performance
Acceleration 0-62 mph s: 3.7
Top Speed mph (km/h): >190 (>306)

I love this car and it's value. Corvette is sooooo hot to me now!
Old 08-17-2005, 02:26 AM

nada about speed. about handling. i don't think the most expensive mercedes (minus the slr) can outhandle a evo from the factory. no comparison. not all people like luxury, they like adventure..they like 2 experience sumthin different. and all this w/only a 30g pricetag. wow.
but like ppl said they're 2 diff groups
im sayin to all the haters of the evo BUY IT.
seriously
JUST BUY THE CAR and experience what you've never experienced before
Old 08-17-2005, 07:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
Dr.Caliboy,are you getting yourself in hot water again? The CLS and Evo serve two entirely different purposes.Why would you compare them?
One is a rally sports car turned street car and one is a Luxo Supersedan built to run on the Autobahn!

Finally,yes an EVO can be built to tear a CLS 55 up limb by limb in all street performance categories,acceleration,braking,handling but that is exactly what it was originally meant to do since the EVO lll.
No it does'nt cost 80K like an Audi RS4 but it does'nt have to.It is what it is with very similar performance.

Next time look at the EVO FQ400!There goes a very expensive EVO for you.

Something tells me that you were bored,knew all of this already,and was eager to start a thread out of boredom.Hey but I'm not mad at you! Good Luck with med school.I can't wait till you buy your spanking new Audi RS4 Dr. Then the bashing willl begin! lol! Take care! :p OK back to Bimmerforums I go!

Last edited by ProjectC55; 08-17-2005 at 07:49 AM.
Old 08-17-2005, 07:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BTW I know times are rough and you being self-employed and all. You might need a little help. I need a janitor for my pain clinic....interested?

I'm surprised at you!
Old 08-17-2005, 11:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none

Hey! I have a C class. It's a 43 but I'm proud of it. Don't get snooty, Med boys with that attitude get beat up and their wives bang good looking strong young studs like myself behind their backs. Then they get beat up again walking to starbucks. A C43 is the nicest thing I have ever owned man. Way to feed the stereotype. Don't take this too seriously though. Congrats on the Med School.

To add to the post I spend a good amount of time in a modded Evo. It's a fast and scary drive. It's also a mitsu that is made out of plastic, tin, and more plastic and tin. My budy loves the time spent in my C43. Solid bulid, comfort, smooth V8, and style. Not nearly as fast but then again I don't even have the chance to push the C43 to max around here. 90% of the time in the C43 I am on the breaks by the time my car is half through 2nd gear. The Evo is even more restricted. It needs a track.

There are so many inputs to the equation here. Personally the speed/handling factor is not enough to purchase an Evo or Wrx. Those cars just scream highschool to me with the dumb wing and all. Buy a porsche if you want a race car. The complete Benz package sans a little speed outweighs this through many other avenues from interior layout, to build materials, and longevity etc....Different Cars.
Old 08-17-2005, 12:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C32 Black/Charcoal

As I suspected, you attend Podunk U.

As for the offer, no thanks, but I am sure that you can find some other guy to give a job to.

BTW: What part of Norco is your pain clinic in?
Old 08-17-2005, 02:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by NitrogenBalance

To add to the post I spend a good amount of time in a modded Evo. It's a fast and scary drive. It's also a mitsu that is made out of plastic, tin, and more plastic and tin.

There are so many inputs to the equation here. Personally the speed/handling factor is not enough to purchase an Evo or Wrx. Those cars just scream highschool to me with the dumb wing and all. Buy a porsche if you want a race car. The complete Benz package sans a little speed outweighs this through many other avenues from interior layout, to build materials, and longevity etc....Different Cars.
You are certainly entitled to your opinions but with the plastic and tin thing,let's not get ridiculous.It's not a benz but here is a stupid Question?With the present electrical problems or handling issues would a benz run on a road course like an EVO! Or even Rally racing? A dumb question but think bout it.

So how could the EVo body be made out of tin?LOL! Your killing me! There are things a MB wishes it could do in the handling dept like An EVO or M3 and there are certainly things that the two cars mentioned wish they could do like an MB. Funny thing is I own all three! W202 AMG C43/55,BMW M3,Talon TSI AWD.

P.S .I don't know about you but Not everyone can afford a Porsche!

Last edited by ProjectC55; 08-17-2005 at 04:57 PM.
Old 08-17-2005, 02:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AMG E55, Stage 1, Strait Pipe from Primary Cats

As for the offer, no thanks, but I am sure that you can find some other guy to give a job to.

I have to say Vomit is kicking your a$$ caliboy.
The 909 ? You gonna take that caliboy? (lol)
Old 08-17-2005, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by coolcarlskiC43
Dr.Caliboy,are you getting yourself in hot water again? The CLS and Evo serve two entirely different purposes.Why would you compare them?
One is a rally sports car turned street car and one is a Luxo Supersedan built to run on the Autobahn!

Finally,yes an EVO can be built to tear a CLS 55 up limb by limb in all street performance categories,acceleration,braking,handling but that is exactly what it was originally meant to do since the EVO lll.
No it does'nt cost 80K like an Audi RS4 but it does'nt have to.It is what it is with very similar performance.

Next time look at the EVO FQ400!There goes a very expensive EVO for you.

Something tells me that you were bored,knew all of this already,and was eager to start a thread out of boredom.Hey but I'm not mad at you! Good Luck with med school.I can't wait till you buy your spanking new Audi RS4 Dr. Then the bashing willl begin! lol! Take care! :p OK back to Bimmerforums I go!
LOL, No not starting trouble again just having a little fun. And yes I did know this already. They are two totally different cars, but damn that Evo's performance is off the hook. How have you been?
Old 08-17-2005, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by NitrogenBalance
Hey! I have a C class. It's a 43 but I'm proud of it. Don't get snooty, Med boys with that attitude get beat up and their wives bang good looking strong young studs like myself behind their backs. Then they get beat up again walking to starbucks. A C43 is the nicest thing I have ever owned man. Way to feed the stereotype. Don't take this too seriously though. Congrats on the Med School.

To add to the post I spend a good amount of time in a modded Evo. It's a fast and scary drive. It's also a mitsu that is made out of plastic, tin, and more plastic and tin. My budy loves the time spent in my C43. Solid bulid, comfort, smooth V8, and style. Not nearly as fast but then again I don't even have the chance to push the C43 to max around here. 90% of the time in the C43 I am on the breaks by the time my car is half through 2nd gear. The Evo is even more restricted. It needs a track.

LOL! Not snooty lol! I like the banging of the ife thing. I know about c classes. Look at my name I drive one. I love it too. I just wanted to tell this Vomit dude something because he was being quite nasty. Sorry to all c class dudes. Remember, I am a c class dude and I actually love the c43, c32 and c55. Just an indirect at this vomit guy and not at you guys sorry!
Old 08-17-2005, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by coolcarlskiC43
I'm surprised at you!
LOL! I was just having a ittle fun. lol! Anyway, dude I hate to say it, but you were right. Althought this RS4 is a monster and did hang with the c55 and m3 in the car and driver article, It did just that and not surpass them by much. Nothing bad about that, it's just that you and I know what's gonna happen next..........The new M3 and and the new C63 or whatever comes out is going to blow the pants off of it. They should have looked ahead and built something that wouyld hang in that upcoming battle as well. Oh well, I was trying to finally give audi the two thumbs up and I still do, but damn they did fall short of brilliance again and they are going to pay for it.
Old 08-17-2005, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by benzondubz
I have to say Vomit is kicking your a$$ caliboy.
The 909 ? You gonna take that caliboy? (lol)
LOl! You should be a boxing promoter! Instigator! lol!
Old 08-17-2005, 06:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG E55, Stage 1, Strait Pipe from Primary Cats
LOL !!
Old 08-17-2005, 07:09 PM

So you're a pain broker huh, wow that's actually not a bad job. Lot's of filing and HMO paper stuff huh. Kinda has the same stigma as being a male nurse. I'm impressed though, most med school rejects don't even make it that far. Good for you buddy, I'm glad things worked out.

BTW: how many years did you waste before you realized you could'nt get in? Did you try Dental school? Or D.O school? Perhaps that may have worked out for you.

(No offense to any dentists, future dentists, D.O.'s, or nurses out there. I actually know some very smart people making excellent money in these two fields! ) Just having some fun with your boy Vomit up there. lol!
Old 08-17-2005, 09:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C32 Black/Charcoal
So you're a pain broker huh, wow that's actually not a bad job. Lot's of filing and HMO paper stuff huh. Kinda has the same stigma as being a male nurse. I'm impressed though, most med school rejects don't even make it that far. Good for you buddy, I'm glad things worked out.

BTW: how many years did you waste before you realized you could'nt get in? Did you try Dental school? Or D.O school? Perhaps that may have worked out for you.

(No offense to any dentists, future dentists, D.O.'s, or nurses out there. I actually know some very smart people making excellent money in these two fields! ) Just having some fun with your boy Vomit up there. lol!
Now you're talking. . . D.O. school is the way to go (as long as you have enough patients to only take the hot ones).

BTW: "Pain Broker"=Ambulance Chaser=Personal Injury Attorney (just thought that I would give you some ammo with which to insult me)

No harm, no foul. Your jibes actually were a welcome diversion from a very nasty case I was working on today.
Old 08-17-2005, 10:05 PM

Now you're talking. . . D.O. school is the way to go (as long as you have enough patients to only take the hot ones).

BTW: "Pain Broker"=Ambulance Chaser=Personal Injury Attorney (just thought that I would give you some ammo with which to insult me)

No harm, no foul. Your jibes actually were a welcome diversion from a very nasty case I was working on today.
LOL!

Are you any good. How many years have you been doing this? Would like your point of view on your side of the medical field. We should talk for real some time. Seriously, I always like to see every angle of the medical field since I'm going into it, not to mention that they don't teach us lawsuits and stuff like that in medical school. I know your job mostly deals with personal injury, but I'd still like your lawyer input on say anything you know about avoiding lawsuits when I get out. Very interesting job you have there.

Oh back to the jokes I guess since most were enjoying it.......lol!

Vomit's mom is soooooo FAT that when she rolled over in bed she was in another state.

PM me when you're not so busy dude.
Old 08-17-2005, 10:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
What the hell is this thread about again?
Which one of these Homo's is the good guy?
Old 08-18-2005, 02:11 AM

Smile

Amazing all I did was compare the power on my CSL to my old car 05' EVO MR
and this is what it turned into... "Let me say sorry" I did not want this to be a battle of EVO vs. CLS All I was comparing is acceleration. The truth is a CLS is the balers EVO - we - (I say that still being an EVO guy a heart) purchased the EVO because it is the baddest stock car (for the money) on the road not including all the easy horse power upgrades available. Well with that said I sold it because I was getting pulled over 2 or 3 times a week only to be harassed and also a 29yrs old guy driving an EVO to pick up a date or take out clients and getting pulled over every block just didn’t work out for me. So the next option was to buy the very baddest car on the road the CLS55 it has class like no other and still can hang with just about any car on the street including most EVO's.
sense I am on the subject of the EVO - for all you ignorant guy saying that the EVO is a cheaper car --=STOP=-- The EVO cost me far more than the CLS I was spending about 1500-1800 a month on upgrades and that does not include running 110 leaded fuel everywhere I drove @ $7.00 per gallon
Yes you may say that is foolish spending that kinda money on a EVO but driving is truly my passion.
So once again I am sorry for my original post, yes I made the comments about the CLS having many problems and not being as fast (0 to 110) but that only cuz MBservice sucks compared to other luxury dealers I have dealt with in the past - I couldn’t get in to see a service rep when a 100k car is already having problems @ 3k miles… I hope everyone understand the original post now.
Old 08-18-2005, 02:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 C320wz
I like the evo very much. Too bad it doesn't have a factory-installed navigation system as an option.
Old 08-18-2005, 03:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350
Originally Posted by ricky.agrawal
There is no replacement for displacement.

Yes there is, its called VTEC JDM POWAAAAAAAAAAAa.

JDM Mode ON!

Wen Im ridenz wit da homiez in my 92 Hatch Civic wit da B-18 aint notin on dis earf gonna touch my VTEC, i put a big intake on it and took the hood off so hataz can hear me hitting the 6000 RPMS and hitting dat vtec yo

JDM Off

WHy is this even being compared

Evo 8 MR is a 13 second car High 12 with a good driver. Maybe a high 12, CLS55 is a 12.5 second and lower car. Not to even mention if these two go from a role how bad it would be for the AWD Evo.
Old 08-18-2005, 08:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by DancingBenzos
Yes there is, its called VTEC JDM POWAAAAAAAAAAAa.
LOL!

Originally Posted by DancingBenzos
WHy is this even being compared

Evo 8 MR is a 13 second car High 12 with a good driver. Maybe a high 12, CLS55 is a 12.5 second and lower car. Not to even mention if these two go from a role how bad it would be for the AWD Evo.
Probably worse for the HOOONNNNDDDDAAAAA VTEC!
Old 08-18-2005, 10:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C32 Black/Charcoal
Originally Posted by Stiggs
What the hell is this thread about again?
Which one of these Homo's is the good guy?
I resent your implication that one of us is the good guy.
Old 08-18-2005, 11:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C32 Black/Charcoal
Back on to the thread topic...

I saw a black CLS55 with black wheels/chrome lip at Mountasia in Canyon Country (kid's birthday party) last weekend. Man, what a gorgeous car!

I just don't get the comparison to the Evo. Yes, they both have 4 doors and run similar 0-60 times but, beyond that, they are night and day. Actually, if one wanted a cheap "sort-of comparable" for the CLS55, I would vote for the SRT-8.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CLS 55 vs Europe Mitsubishi evo VII? Not a kill story but comparison.