bay area - european meet

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2005, 08:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e55211 traded in for CLS55
bay area - european meet

In summary, the meet was a blast!

Started at 9:00AM, with free coffee and donuts. Saw Jerry Rice and took a picture with my daughter. The parking lot was full of Ferrari, Lambo, Porche, BMW etc. I was told that the total number of cars that showed up was more than 90, and I am surprised to be the only MB, at least I did not see any other MB. The event was well organized by Kirby, crowd was friendly, and delicious lunch was provided. But the most exciting one is the drive. They selected a route that I have never been into which was full of twist and turns, constant change of elevation, albeit well paved roads. On the our way back to the meeting place (San Carlos), I was right behind the lead person (Collins), who was driving a 911 TT. Collins lead the pack safely yet there were occasional sprints which were exhilarating (for me at least). Met a lot of nice folks and wanted to stay longer but unfortunately my daughter has her event to go to.

Enjoy the pics...
Attached Thumbnails bay area - european meet-img_1075.jpg   bay area - european meet-img_1084.jpg   bay area - european meet-img_1085.jpg   bay area - european meet-img_1092.jpg   bay area - european meet-img_1095.jpg  

Old 09-10-2005, 10:13 PM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thank you for the awsome pics! Do you have anymore?
Old 09-11-2005, 12:46 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Sounds like fun!
Old 09-11-2005, 02:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
is not yet completed
looks good... i wish i could of gone but i was showing at topline autofest today... you guys should of came thru topline this afternoon
Old 09-11-2005, 02:29 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Only now can you say that is too many 360's
Old 09-11-2005, 02:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG & RRS S/C
so how did the 55 do against the other fast cars at the meet?
Old 09-11-2005, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by jikjak
so how did the 55 do against the other fast cars at the meet?
Well... don't want to start a flame with the guy driving M3 behind me. Just like what I said earlier, I was right behind the lead person (Collins) who was driving a 911 TT and was literaly on his "***" all the way back to the meeting place, which took about 40 minutes of twist and turns (several hairpins), constant change of elevations and were leaving the rest of the group behind. As soon as the lead person realizes that the other cars were being left behind, he would slow down to make sure they catch up. Before I left, Collins walked up to me to intoduced himself, and said that he was really impressed with the 55! :zoom
Old 09-11-2005, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by JamE55
Thank you for the awsome pics! Do you have anymore?
as per your request...
Attached Thumbnails bay area - european meet-img_1074.jpg   bay area - european meet-img_1086.jpg   bay area - european meet-img_1087.jpg   bay area - european meet-img_1080.jpg   bay area - european meet-img_1091.jpg  

Old 09-11-2005, 01:49 PM

mramg,
your car was sick,sorry did not get to meet you. my car was the one with the 911 969 decals all over, but overall glad you enjoyed yourself. we have one more meet and that would be it for the year. will kepp you posted when and where.
mike
Old 09-12-2005, 03:34 AM

Hey Guy and Gals

I wanted to say thank you to everyone that was able to make it out for our gathering. For those that couldnt, dont worry, were already trying to think up an October event.

We had a great variety of cars, 97 in total for the drive. From Porsches to Infinitis, from American to Italian, you name it. We hope you guys have as much fun at these events as we have throwing them. Were cars enthusiasts just like you and seeing a Porsche/Ferrari next to a Viper/Vette (and getting along) still gives me goose bumps. Personally I am proud that we can bring in such a diverse crowd together.

If you have any comments, suggestions or complaints please let me know. We want to know what were doing right and what you guys feel we can do better.

For Pictures I took: http://www.funcarsonline.com/gallery/album50

Special Thanks to:

- Speed Brigade for bring out the lovely Speed Brigade Umbrella Girls. Go to www.Speedbrigade.com for pictures.

- Steve and Clear Armor for providing us with the excellent BBQ, www.cleararmorinc.com/

- Jerry Rice for greeting people

- Collin for coming up with the Route. It took a lot of skill, practice and luck to get the Fly By to workout like it did.

- Doc Wong for Leading Group B

- The gang at 969 Motorsports for providing donuts and coffee. www.969motorsports.com

I know I spoke to some of you at the gathering, but for those I didnt. 969 Motorsports specializes in European performance and maintenance. But now, we are also able to get certain parts for Corvettes and Vipers (short shifts, exhaust, etc) So no matter what you drive give us a call and see if we can help you out.

Again, a big THANK YOU to all of you for another successful event.

-Kirby

www.969motorsports.com
Old 09-12-2005, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by msb2tg996
mramg,
your car was sick,sorry did not get to meet you. my car was the one with the 911 969 decals all over, but overall glad you enjoyed yourself. we have one more meet and that would be it for the year. will kepp you posted when and where.
mike
Glad to hear there's a "last one for the road". Hopefully the weather will be great again!

Will try to hook-up with you next time Mike!

Pablo
Old 09-12-2005, 03:59 PM

Hey Guy and Gals

I wanted to say thank you to everyone that was able to make it out for our gathering. For those that couldnt, dont worry, were already trying to think up an October event.

We had a great variety of cars, 97 in total for the drive. From Porsches to Infinitis, from American to Italian, you name it. We hope you guys have as much fun at these events as we have throwing them. Were cars enthusiasts just like you and seeing a Porsche/Ferrari next to a Viper/Vette (and getting along) still gives me goose bumps. Personally I am proud that we can bring in such a diverse crowd together.

If you have any comments, suggestions or complaints please let me know. We want to know what were doing right and what you guys feel we can do better.

For Pictures I took: http://www.funcarsonline.com/gallery/album50

Special Thanks to:

- Speed Brigade for bring out the lovely Speed Brigade Umbrella Girls. Go to www.Speedbrigade.com for pictures.

- Steve and Clear Armor for providing us with the excellent BBQ, www.cleararmorinc.com/

- Jerry Rice for greeting people

- Collin for coming up with the Route. It took a lot of skill, practice and luck to get the Fly By to workout like it did.

- Doc Wong for Leading Group B

- The gang at 969 Motorsports for providing donuts and coffee. www.969motorsports.com

I know I spoke to some of you at the gathering, but for those I didnt. 969 Motorsports specializes in European performance and maintenance. But now, we are also able to get certain parts for Corvettes and Vipers (short shifts, exhaust, etc) So no matter what you drive give us a call and see if we can help you out.

Again, a big THANK YOU to all of you for another successful event.

-Kirby

www.969motorsports.com
Kudos to you guys! The event was well organized and was fun!
Will try to be there on the next one!
Old 09-12-2005, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by xxbenzc230kxx
looks good... i wish i could of gone but i was showing at topline autofest today... you guys should of came thru topline this afternoon
Tell Zim I was not invited.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1989 Toyota Tercel EZ - dyno'd @ 70whp/77wtq
Looks fantastic.... I would've come w/ my oldie E if I hadn't had prior commitments.

And MrAMG wouldn't have been so lonely
Old 09-13-2005, 04:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Kirby, I have been checking your websites for a while but have not had a chance to stop by or call..... do you service mercs, particularly W210 E55?

My car is out of warranty already and I've been servicing my car at a dealer and want to see whether I could get a better service from 969 (i.e. better quality parts, better tuning, etc. etc.) for the same or lower price
Old 09-13-2005, 04:39 PM
Out Of Control!

Originally Posted by zoink
My car is out of warranty already and I've been servicing my car at a dealer and want to see whether I could get a better service from 969 (i.e. better quality parts, better tuning, etc. etc.) for the same or lower price
Kleemann!
Old 09-13-2005, 04:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Haha.... LOL... my car is stock not S8.... and I think I need to put around $11K to have them service my car
Old 09-13-2005, 04:53 PM
Out Of Control!

Are you nuts!? Do you know what you can do with that $11k? See my other post above for answer! lol
Old 09-13-2005, 05:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yeah.... I know you mentioned faster than W211 (560 crank hp - 560 crank tq or around those figures, right?) and I wouldn't have missed my lemon W211.... LOL.

But for now (cannot promise to think the same couple months from now ), better save the money towards 997TT. Anyway, my money has "gone down the drain" lately.... bought a house late last year, bought furniture, wifey bought a new grand piano (cost almost 3X than Kleemann upgrade ), do backyards, etc. etc. etc.
Old 09-13-2005, 05:38 PM
Out Of Control!

Anyway, my money has "gone down the drain" lately.... bought a house late last year, bought furniture, wifey bought a new grand piano (cost almost 3X than Kleemann upgrade ), do backyards, etc. etc. etc.
I see you got your priorities straight... Good choice between the TT vs kleemann.. lol j/k
Old 09-13-2005, 07:46 PM

Looks fantastic.... I would've come w/ my oldie E if I hadn't had prior commitments.

And MrAMG wouldn't have been so lonely
Maybe you can make it to the next meet, sometime in October.

BTW, 969's shop is really fre-aking clean and organized!
Old 09-13-2005, 08:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yeah.... hopefully, we know the dates couple weeks before. I may need to be in Delaware again some time in October....

BTW, what was the route? Hwy 1? I like the route 84 / 35 between 280 and Hwy 1. Awesome but quite dangerous. Raced a friend's turbo'd '96 M3 w/ my E in that route at night and boy.... I think I got killed by almost 3 minutes It certainly was the car and my skill (my friend was once a slalom champ in his area).

Also, do you service your car at 969? Just want to see whether any member has done theirs over there and what they think about it.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:52 PM

Pablo,

Hi. This is Collin, your group leader on the 969 drive. I'm glad you enjoyed the drive. I certainly enjoyed seeing your beautiful white CLS in my rear view mirror on the route back. Your car performed admirably for a sedan! I could see how it can step up the pace in the twisties even. It's great to see another dad bringing his daughter on these drives. You have to start them young My daughter loves fast drives too and she came to the last one. Perhaps they'll meet next time.

Yeah. Leading 45+ cars is a handful especially since there are so many turnoffs and stop signs and towns to go through. We only have 8 cars that got slightly lost out of 93 cars total on the drive. That's not bad at all. Next time I'll have to break it into smaller groups and/or have more leaders with tail sweepers to minimize the chance of getting lost.

I'm already planning several possible routes for the October drive. We may not have a fly-by again but it'll be scenic and fun for sure Maybe getting aerial coverage of the drive would be cool too

One of these days, I may even plan an evening route when there are less cars on the road and no bicyclists!

I sure hope to see more high performing Mercedes in future drives.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:04 PM

BTW, what was the route? Hwy 1? I like the route 84 / 35 between 280 and Hwy 1. Awesome but quite dangerous. Raced a friend's turbo'd '96 M3 w/ my E in that route at night and boy.... I think I got killed by almost 3 minutes It certainly was the car and my skill (my friend was once a slalom champ in his area).
Attached is a pic of the route. We basically went up Edgewood Rd from San Carlos, to Canada Rd toward Woodside, up Hwy 84 to La Honda. There group A continued on 84 to Hwy 1 to a gas station at Gazos Creek Rd. There group A waited until group B arrives at its rest stop.

When group B arrives at La Honda, it turns left onto Pescadero Rd and continue down to Pescadero. There the group waits until its leader sync up with the group A leader at Gazos Creek, which is me.

Once sync'd up, group B continue onto Cloverdale Rd, which is a smooth country road with sweeping turns. Group B will drive onto Gazos Creek Rd, which threads into Cloverdale Rd. The two groups will meet each other head on somewhere around the 2-3 mile mark on Cloverdale Rd. There's where the fly-by occurs. There is nothing like seeing 40+ sportscars honking, flashing, waving toward each other. It'll be video taped one day.

After the fly-by, group B will continue down to Hwy 1, then up north back to Hwy 84 and back to 969 in San Carlos for lunch. Group A will take Pescadero Rd back to Hwy 84 then to San Carlos. In this case, group A arrived back slightly ahead of group B

There you have it. I encourage anyone to try this route in either direction sometimes.
Attached Thumbnails bay area - european meet-group-route-small.jpg  
Old 09-13-2005, 11:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Nice route... that's one of the best route in Bay Area, IMO. Yes, do it at night..... the race I mentioned above was done at 1AM..... few cars (luckily not in my direction ) and no cops at all. Quite scary, though... I think the new E w/ lighting package would help a lot....

Do you know the approximate date in October? I surely hope treynor would join this time w/ his renntech'd SL65. If he does join and doesn't mind, I'd love to just have a ride

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: bay area - european meet