Placed my deposit!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 06:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
Placed my deposit!!

Well, I couldn't hold out any longer. I put down a deposit at my dealership so they could order me a 2006 CLS 55!
here is what it will look like:
- Black exterior with black leather and charcoal alacantra headliner
- Burl walnut wood
- Lighting package
- Comfort package
- 6-disc CD changer
- Electronic trunk closer

price with destination and gas guzzler $91,235.00

My dealer is throwing in the Comfort package at no cost. Not sure why...but I'm not gonna ask!! Also told dealer I didn't want the V8 Kompressor badges on the side of the car and he said he will take them off for me.

Only things we haven't hammered out yet is wether or not I will lease or finance this car. Also my dealer hasn't even talked numbers on my CLK55 trade in yet. Not sure what he is waiting for....but I am playing it cool. If the deal goes sour then I get my deposit back and I still have my CLK55. God I pray the deal doesn't go sour.

I test drove a CLS 500 this past weekend to get the feel for the interior. loved it! That car is very fast, I was surprised. Can't even imagine how the AMG must be. Only thing I missed was the loud roar of the engine and exhaust. The 500 seems too quiet for me....almost like its holding back. unfortunately my dealer doesn't have any CLS 55's to test drive.

Well....just wanted to share....wish me luck with the small details. My dealer said the car is coming soon....but couldn't give me a date. he tried looking at netstar but who knows. After the test drive I was in a rush anyways.
Old 09-13-2005, 06:05 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Nice job bro!

Do you have any modifications in mind?
Old 09-13-2005, 06:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2006 SL600, 2001 S500, 1996 SL320
Just looked at One on EBAY

I just looked at one on EBAY,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4574766685

Gotta love the leg room in the back of that car!
Old 09-13-2005, 06:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK55
thanks man

The only mod I can think of right now would be to lower this puppy. I would try and get one of the Techs at my dealership to do it throught the star diagnostic system. maybe slip him a $50 on the side..hush hush..nobody gots to know about it. You think thats possible?
I can't really see any other mods yet...this car has everything I've always wanted and wished my CLK had:
- more horsepower
- bigger wheels
- dual exhaust
- sometimes I want 4 doors
- better looks all around

Did I miss anything?

Old 09-13-2005, 08:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 SL63
Originally Posted by Stiggs
thanks man

The only mod I can think of right now would be to lower this puppy. I would try and get one of the Techs at my dealership to do it throught the star diagnostic system. maybe slip him a $50 on the side..hush hush..nobody gots to know about it. You think thats possible?
I can't really see any other mods yet...this car has everything I've always wanted and wished my CLK had:
- more horsepower
- bigger wheels
- dual exhaust

Did I miss anything?

yes... the chicks
Old 09-13-2005, 08:21 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by idrivatitleist
yes... the chicks
That adds weight, therfore decreasing performance
Old 09-14-2005, 01:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CL500
congrats stiggs, i was waiting to see this thread pop up from you, lol.

- when is it going to be ready?
- did you get the matte wood or gloss wood?
- whats your reasoning on no side badges?
- love the alcantara headliner
- are you coming to the northeast meet?

good luck and hope the deal doesnt go sour for you
Old 09-14-2005, 07:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK55
Originally Posted by BklynBenz
congrats stiggs, i was waiting to see this thread pop up from you, lol.

- when is it going to be ready?
- did you get the matte wood or gloss wood?
- whats your reasoning on no side badges?
- love the alcantara headliner
- are you coming to the northeast meet?

good luck and hope the deal doesnt go sour for you
Thanks man.

- unfortunately dealer didn't say when it was coming. he put the order for it in probably 2 to 3 weeks ago. How long does it take for them to build these cars?
- I got the matte wood. felt the high gloss wood was too shiney for me.
- I like the clean look on the sides without the badges. The badges are too distracting for me. I guess its just personal taste.
- I don't think I will be going to the meet. Sorry. I guess I just stick around to local events. Maybe next spring I will enter the CLS in the car show at UCONN.

I will be pissed if the deal goes south. Its all on my dealer to give me the most for my CLK55. This will be the make or break me part of the deal. If he gives me a good lease payment I will jump on it in a second.
Old 09-14-2005, 10:49 AM

2006 CLS55-030, 2002 BMW 540 Wagon, 1995 VW Jetta GLX
Smile You Will Love It !!

Stiggs - I would figure about three months before the car is delivered. - Bob
Old 09-14-2005, 01:30 PM
MBH

2005 E55 Delivered 01/07/05
Best of Luck to you. Hope the deal works out. I am testing a CLS 500 tomorrow at my dealer. I can't wait.
Old 09-14-2005, 10:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LS7 powered Corvette
thanks man

- more horsepower
- bigger wheels
- dual exhaust

Did I miss anything?

Lowering through SDS is not going to happen. Not for a 50 piece anyway. Not all techs do ride height adjustments, it must be done on the alignment rack or it is being done improperly.
Old 09-15-2005, 07:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
Originally Posted by [MB]CRS
Lowering through SDS is not going to happen. Not for a 50 piece anyway. Not all techs do ride height adjustments, it must be done on the alignment rack or it is being done improperly.
so youre saying that everyone who has had it done by steve via SD, their cars were improperly done cause he didnt use the alignment rack?
Old 09-15-2005, 07:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK55
Originally Posted by [MB]CRS
Maybe for a $100 bill then?
Old 09-15-2005, 11:09 AM

LS7 powered Corvette
so youre saying that everyone who has had it done by steve via SD, their cars were improperly done cause he didnt use the alignment rack?
MB procedure is to adjust ride height on an alignment rack because it is a truely level surface and is calibrated frequently.
Old 09-15-2005, 12:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK55
Then how does MBenzNL lower the car?
Old 09-15-2005, 12:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
Then how does MBenzNL lower the car?
steve doesnt use or have an alignement rack, his alignment rack is an mbworld'ers flat driveway. he did it in both of my driveways and many other forum members driveways and i cant recall a single person having a negative thing to say or having a problem.

if we all followed "MB procedure" as [MB]CRS said with regards to modifications, all of our cars would be stock - ex. no aftermarket wheels, no lowering, no audio upgrades, etc.
Old 09-15-2005, 10:41 PM

LS7 powered Corvette
steve doesnt use or have an alignement rack, his alignment rack is an mbworld'ers flat driveway. he did it in both of my driveways and many other forum members driveways and i cant recall a single person having a negative thing to say or having a problem.

if we all followed "MB procedure" as [MB]CRS said with regards to modifications, all of our cars would be stock - ex. no aftermarket wheels, no lowering, no audio upgrades, etc.
I have no problem with aftermarket wheels/tires. With the lowering thing, I have just seen too many end up having problems and then the cars coming to the dealer to try and sort them out. Audio upgrades depend on what you are doing to the car.

I would like to have a E320 CDI black/black with some 20's and the wick turned up just a little. Also wouldn't mind an SL/S 65 or CLS55.
Old 09-29-2005, 11:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK55
sweet!
my dealer just called me and said my car is on the water!!!!
How long does it take to get to port?????
Man, now I definitely will not sleep at night!!!!!
Old 09-30-2005, 04:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 CLS55 AMG
Congrats man! If the car is on the water, depending on when it actually left port, its about 3 weeks give or take a few days before it will arrive in its US port. Add a week or so to that for it to get through customs and then the VPC (Vehicle Preparation Center) and you should be looking at it in about a month! Its fun waiting for especially seeing as the car only exists because of you, its been your car since birth! You will love it, I love mine more than any car I have ever had. And the ladies like it too! :v

Regarding lowering, I had it done by Steve as well and I have had no problems of any kind and my dealer has no issue with it. Its fast, inexpensive and makes a huge difference, especially if you plan on a set of aftermarket rims! Dont waste your $ on the Brabus and other costly lowering modules.

Last edited by VelocitE55; 09-30-2005 at 05:04 PM.
Old 09-30-2005, 05:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW E39
You should shave off the rest of the badging and put on the CLS500 trim and wheels. Sleeper right there.
Old 09-30-2005, 08:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Something on 4 wheels..
Congrats from my side as well!
How did you manage to have it built so fast (didn't you just order it this month and it's on the water already.. ?!)???
Old 10-01-2005, 02:59 PM

e55211 traded in for CLS55
sweet!
Man, now I definitely will not sleep at night!!!!!
That's for sure! :v

Congrats!
Old 10-03-2005, 02:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK55
Originally Posted by FloridaE55
Congrats from my side as well!
How did you manage to have it built so fast (didn't you just order it this month and it's on the water already.. ?!)???
Dude...I have no idea. I wasn't expecting this car so soon. Went to the dealer this past saturday and he said the computer was telling him the car will arrive in port on Oct 5th. then expect at least a week after that to get the car to the dealership. Holy crap!!!!!
One small problem....I still owe around $39K for my CLK and the dealer says its a wash. he will not give me anything over $39K for my car in trade. Well that just bites now doesn't it. We shall see if the dealership will budge on this or the deal may go south!!!
Old 10-03-2005, 07:33 PM

e55211 traded in for CLS55
One small problem....I still owe around $39K for my CLK and the dealer says its a wash. he will not give me anything over $39K for my car in trade. Well that just bites now doesn't it. We shall see if the dealership will budge on this or the deal may go south!!!
Well...once the car is delivered to the dealer and you get to see it, you may have a hard time not to give up your CLK for $39k. Just make sure you don't get overcome with the excitement when you see the car.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK55
Originally Posted by MrAMG
Well...once the car is delivered to the dealer and you get to see it, you may have a hard time not to give up your CLK for $39k. Just make sure you don't get overcome with the excitement when you see the car.
You got that right. If I go to the dealership and see the car sitting outside I will lose it. This deal will probably only work if I do all the hassling over the phone.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Placed my deposit!!