Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 02:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
CLS 55
CLS Euro Delivery?

Hey Guys!
Has anyone checked with their dealers to find out if its possible to do a Euro Delivery on a CLS? I noticed its not on the list. CLS500 or CLS55

Thanks
Kevin

Last edited by Kevin M.; 10-10-2005 at 02:22 AM.
Old 12-10-2005, 07:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS 55
Well to answer my own question, yes it is available I have one scheduled to pick up in April. Has anyone done a Euro delivery on another Mercedes?
Old 12-11-2005, 11:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 CLS55
Kevin,

Good to see you here.

Let me know how your Euro delivery goes. Heck I may even join you if the CLS 63 is available then.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS 55
Originally Posted by Redlinerobert
Kevin,

Good to see you here.

Let me know how your Euro delivery goes. Heck I may even join you if the CLS 63 is available then.
Thanks bro!! Come join us
Old 12-13-2005, 06:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
300ce
............I understood there was no Euro delivery program on AMG cars. Has this changed?

Ted
Old 12-13-2005, 01:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS 55
Originally Posted by Ted Baldwin
............I understood there was no Euro delivery program on AMG cars. Has this changed?

Ted

Ted, correct meaning the AMG cars and the CLS 500 doesn't apply to Euro delivery with 7% discount, but you can still have it ordered paying regular MSRP with Euro Delivery then its shipped back to your dealer.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:28 PM

Just curious - what's 'euro delivery' ?

Trending Topics

Old 12-14-2005, 03:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS 55
Originally Posted by Kubazzz
Just curious - what's 'euro delivery' ?

Now you can enjoy a 7% customer savings on C, E, S, and CLK-Coupe model European Delivery purchases.*Ready for some excitement, some adventure, some fun? Experience all three as you tour Europe in your brand new Mercedes-Benz. You can cruise through the Black Forest and navigate your way through other parts of Europe you've always wanted to explore. And if you take the Black Forest-Alps Rally Package, along the way you'll stay at the luxurious hotels we've selected for their unparalleled service and spectacular facilities, and then you'll leave your vehicle at one of many drop-off points for shipment back to the U.S.

Begin your breathtaking experience by learning all about European Delivery. Find out about beginning the order process online and picking up your Mercedes-Benz at our factory. Then select from two enticing European Delivery packages: the Standard Package or the Black Forest-Alps Rally Package. After you make an online order inquiry and choose a package, your preferred MB Dealer will contact you.

Click here to see what's included in the European Delivery price of your Mercedes-Benz. While airfares to and from Europe are extra, some major airlines that serve Europe periodically offer our customers reduced fares.

To ensure you get the model and all the options you desire, complete your order at least four months before you plan to travel (five if your vehicle includes 4MATIC). With three weeks' notice, we can often accommodate short-notice orders (though model and option selection may be limited).

Please Note: Since you are completing your order at least four months before you plan to travel, please contact your local Mercedes-Benz dealer to ensure you get the latest Mercedes-Benz model and all the options you desire. Some 2004 models may launch before your European vacation begins.

Click here to See Europe In Motion, an inspiring glimpse of the European Delivery experience.

Genießen Sie Ihr Abenteuer! Enjoy your adventure!

*European Delivery is available for the C, E, S, CLK, CL, SLK, and SL with a 7% savings off the Mercedes Benz USA manufacturer suggested retail prices. All MSRPs exclude taxes, title/ documentary fees, registration, tags, Mercedes-Benz dealer prep, labor and installation charges, insurance, optional equipment and accessories, certificate of compliance and non-compliance fees, and finance charges.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1951 Caterpiller D6
Originally Posted by Kevin M.
Ted, correct meaning the AMG cars and the CLS 500 doesn't apply to Euro delivery with 7% discount, but you can still have it ordered paying regular MSRP with Euro Delivery then its shipped back to your dealer.
AMG cars destined for North America have not available for European delivery through the standard MB channels in the past. I understand that a well connected/informed dealer can make it happen if they want to go through the extra effort. The cars are not part of any discount and unlike regular ED cars, they do come out of the dealer's allocation for that model. This and the fact that AMG cars are often sold for $$$$ more than sticker, very few dealers are inclined to make Euro delivery of an AMG car happen.

My local dealer has promised me that if I want my next AMG in Europe, he'd make it happen. I don't know if this offer has been extended to me because I've known him for over 20 years or becasue I have spent well over a half million in the past 5 years there.
Old 12-16-2005, 09:26 PM
ON PROBATION

You can take European delivery on any Benz. One huge advantage is that you can have the car visit AMG Manufaktur for a day to get mechanical, exterior, and interior mods.
Car is delivered in Germany. You get up to a month (six weeks to two months is extra fee?) to cruise around/have it modded, and then you drop it off at any of a number of ports for shipment to US (w/ resultant shipping-time delay).
Some cars get a discount from US price for taking European delivery -- and I think the list of available-discount vehicles changes from time to time.
A visit to the MBUSA site will explain the basics.
Old 12-16-2005, 09:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1951 Caterpiller D6
According to MBUSA, the only AMG cars listed for ED are C55, CLK55 and CL55.
Old 12-17-2005, 02:47 AM
ON PROBATION

I've seen 'em all done. If they've actually limited it now I'd be extremely surprised. The number of cars that you can get a discount on has been limited for as long as I've known about ED -- but I've never come across a model that couldn't be worked as ED for a US buyer....
It really is a cool way to go even though the wait for it to get delivered here is tough after you've said goodbye to the car over there.
It is also one really good way to get AMG Manufaktur work done on a US car.
Old 12-17-2005, 12:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1951 Caterpiller D6
Originally Posted by ClayJ
I've seen 'em all done. If they've actually limited it now I'd be extremely surprised. The number of cars that you can get a discount on has been limited for as long as I've known about ED -- but I've never come across a model that couldn't be worked as ED for a US buyer....
It really is a cool way to go even though the wait for it to get delivered here is tough after you've said goodbye to the car over there.
It is also one really good way to get AMG Manufaktur work done on a US car.
According to AMG in Germany, they will not make any modifications that effect performance of vehicles destined for North America. This includes raising Vmax to 300kph, LSD and lowering the suspension. All of these are available to EU drivers but not us. Also, the difficulty in getting an AMG vehicle at all was too much hassle for me in 2003 when I picked up an S class at the factory. I really wanted the S55 but since it was not at all part of the program, the dealer had to do everything outside of the normal channels. While it could have been done, I was concerned that if anything went wrong, it would throw a 6 week EU vacation on the skids from the start. I settled on an S500 sport instead.

Judging from the fact that at least 3 AMG cars are now listed for ED when none were in 2003 tells me that it is probably easier to get them today.
Old 12-17-2005, 01:10 PM
ON PROBATION

They definately won't currently do vmax delimit on a US-spec car which they know is headed to the US -- but there are ALOT of other performance, interior, and exterior modifications apart from that one.