C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

Best color combo for the CLS55?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 07:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best color combo for the CLS55?

Hey guys,

I am thinking about ordering a CLS55 and want your opinion on the best color combo for the exterior and interior. I was just going to consider the same boring silver on black, but thought I would try something different.

I am open to any shades from silver to pewter. If you could post some pics that would be great too. Thanks.
Old 10-12-2005, 07:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts
2019 G550. 2018 AMG GT roadster
Color combo

Hi. It's not on the website but the Designo combos are really nice. Personally, I have ordered the Graphite Gray. It comes with the charcoal interior and Porcelain seats and door panel inserts with a dark beige stitching. There is also the Mystic (pearl) white designo with 2 tone beige interior. No photos yet because the colors are so new.
Old 10-12-2005, 07:55 PM

Something on 4 wheels..
Dito! Check my signature and you can see what color I prefer. Designo might cost a few bucks extra, but:

A. You can make a special car even MORE special!
B. Who cares for the additional $5K at a $100K-car?
Old 10-12-2005, 09:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 CLS55 AMG
Iridium Silver/AMG Charcoal baby!!!
Old 10-12-2005, 09:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by FloridaE55
Dito! Check my signature and you can see what color I prefer. Designo might cost a few bucks extra, but:

A. You can make a special car even MORE special!
B. Who cares for the additional $5K at a $100K-car?
well i think paint is the last thing that anyone will ever pay you for on the used market.

all these options dont boost used car values but paint will be worthless.

But if you like the color get it. I personally dont see a reason to do it but then again I like the factory colors. I might go for the designo car if the interior was something special like on the old E55's but its just normal boring colors.

But I also would not get a pewter E55 if I had a second chance to buy a car!

If the CLS came in Flint Grey it would sell like hot cakes i think
Old 10-12-2005, 11:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
BMW E39
I say get any color and then drive down to Maaco and get it resprayed bright yellow. I will guarantee you'll see instant gains of 20rwhp after that.

Old 10-12-2005, 11:32 PM

Something on 4 wheels..
What do you mean?

Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
well i think paint is the last thing that anyone will ever pay you for on the used market.

all these options dont boost used car values but paint will be worthless.

But if you like the color get it. I personally dont see a reason to do it but then again I like the factory colors. I might go for the designo car if the interior was something special like on the old E55's but its just normal boring colors.

But I also would not get a pewter E55 if I had a second chance to buy a car!

If the CLS came in Flint Grey it would sell like hot cakes i think
Although I do respect your opinion, I don't quite understand what makes you think that anybody would chose designo for adding VALUE to the car??
By pointing out the car would be "special", I wasn't talking about the value, I was talking about the odds seeing a similar car on the street and I guess 99% of the people on this board know what I'm talking about. Designo is all about appearance, not value.

The designo I chose IS a factory-color. So how often have you seen this "boring" porcelain Nappa interior and the piano-wood so far (this wood is considered soooo boring that they decided to put it on the IWC-edition)?
Old 10-12-2005, 11:53 PM

Something on 4 wheels..
Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
all these options dont boost used car values
I highly doubt that... Are you trying to tell me that a fully loaded CLS 55 (inc. designo and AMG Performance Package) will have the same resale-value as a base-version without Comand, Lighting-Package and Keyless-Go? That's simply wrong!

You're right, some options don't boost the used car value, but some options are considered "standard" on such a car (Xenon, Navi, Keyless-Go etc.), so your value will drop significantly if your car comes without them because nobody wants it without these options.

That's something you have to consider as well....
Old 10-15-2005, 09:03 AM

2012 CLS63
The expierenced salepeople at Mercedes have always informed me that the classic colors are silver with a black interior or black with a tan interior.
Old 10-15-2005, 10:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 Porsche 997TT
Saw a CLS 55 at my dealer yesterday that was wild. Black w/ Red interior. I don't mean red inserts like available on the E but ALL red. Was striking to say the least. Was in a hurry so couldn't really spend much time with it. Aloso looked like some type of piano black dash. As others said too new to see on MBUSA.com. Not sure if I would get this if I was buying and planned to keep for several years. Might be something you'd tire of. But if leasing or would definitely consider it. Looking forward to going back to check it out again.
Old 10-15-2005, 11:07 AM

2012 CLS63
Why dosen't MBUSA update their website to show all of the color options available? For example if this Black/Red car exists, it was probalbly produced at least 2 months ago.
Old 10-15-2005, 11:39 AM

Something on 4 wheels..
Originally Posted by cte430
Saw a CLS 55 at my dealer yesterday that was wild. Black w/ Red interior. I don't mean red inserts like available on the E but ALL red. Was striking to say the least. Was in a hurry so couldn't really spend much time with it. Aloso looked like some type of piano black dash. As others said too new to see on MBUSA.com. Not sure if I would get this if I was buying and planned to keep for several years. Might be something you'd tire of. But if leasing or would definitely consider it. Looking forward to going back to check it out again.
I don't think you will ever see a red interior with piano black wood on the mbusa.com-website since this is not a standard color-combo for this car...
Old 10-15-2005, 11:43 AM

Something on 4 wheels..
Originally Posted by AMGLAB
Why dosen't MBUSA update their website to show all of the color options available? For example if this Black/Red car exists, it was probalbly produced at least 2 months ago.
You are absolutely right! How can the order for designo-packages go up if they don't list them on their web-page as an available option? The designo-packages were available even before the Performance Package, so why didn't they add that to the web-page at least when they added the Package??

As for the color mentioned, see my post above...
Old 10-15-2005, 05:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Black with red interior

The car you saw is extremely rare. President's Edition. Apparently only 12 were produced. Rumor has it the number produced matches the number of folks on the MB board of directors. Exterior is Designo Diamond Black. The red interior is not the Sunset Red but the SLR Red. Interesting interior but I think I would tire of it.

the car is for sale on this site. Here is a link.

http://autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?rd...=y&cardist=223
Old 10-15-2005, 07:46 PM

Something on 4 wheels..
Nice, but you can get more for your money...

Wow, $110,000 is a lot for this car. Might be only 1 of 12, but since the Performance Package is available in a few weeks, I wouldn't spend $110K on a CLS 55 that comes without that...

Just my opinion..

BTW, traumadoc, how do you manage to find all those interesting pictures ? I spent 2 hours without any success on yahoo and google the night before you posted the designo graphite pics. GREAT JOB, THANKS AGAIN....
Old 10-15-2005, 09:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 Porsche 997TT
Originally Posted by traumadoc
The car you saw is extremely rare. President's Edition. Apparently only 12 were produced. Rumor has it the number produced matches the number of folks on the MB board of directors. Exterior is Designo Diamond Black. The red interior is not the Sunset Red but the SLR Red. Interesting interior but I think I would tire of it.

the car is for sale on this site. Here is a link.

http://autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?rd...=y&cardist=223
Yep, that's it. Like you, I would be afraid that I would grow tired of it. Also wouldn't pay that much of a premium for it.
Old 10-16-2005, 03:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Premium

Not sure exactly what the premium would be. I didn't look at all the options but mine with the Designo package is around 108k. Still think I'd get tired of the red
Old 10-16-2005, 05:03 PM

Something on 4 wheels..
Premium for a "standard" designo is $6,895.00.
I don't know how much a "President Editions" is...