Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BS
performance modification help

what is the "snorkel mod"?
Old 11-05-2005, 06:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 CLK500, 04 X3, No 07 GT3RS :(
It's just replacing the standard plastic air intake feed tube to the air filter box with one from a different MB model. It involves replacing the two standard tubes with the ones from the SL55 and is a 5 min install. It outwardly seems like it's got marginal benefit and risks sucking in hot engine compartment air if the seal isn't good because the dimensions are slightly different (a reported problem on some models). It's not a mod that I've chosen to do.
Old 11-06-2005, 03:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
Originally Posted by Frisco
It's just replacing the standard plastic air intake feed tube to the air filter box with one from a different MB model. It involves replacing the two standard tubes with the ones from the SL55 and is a 5 min install. It outwardly seems like it's got marginal benefit and risks sucking in hot engine compartment air if the seal isn't good because the dimensions are slightly different (a reported problem on some models). It's not a mod that I've chosen to do.
it is only one side... i dont know if the CLS needs the snorkel mod but on one side of the intake snorkel on teh E55, there is a narrow taper to the end and a sharp bend.... that is the one tube that needs to be replaced with teh one from the W220 AMG

to be honest, i really doubt it does too much!!! A set of Greenfilters will definately help the motor breathe better.

As for the rest of performance, I'd go RENNTech headers, ECU, Pulley, Larger TB, and Greenfilters!!
Old 11-15-2008, 08:03 PM

:)
Wow.. I am brining this post from the past !!! haha..

Do anyone know if there's any benefit to this mod? if so, please share...

thanks..