030 Package

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 06:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
I don't get it......
Isn't there someone on this board who already has his car with the 030 package? Can't he tell us what's in it for sure.

It just doesn't make sense that MBUSA wouldn't advertise all that LSD and suspension stuff if it was in there. If you were in the buisness of selling cars, would you leave out key features and selling points?
just doesn't make sense.
Old 12-21-2005, 08:39 PM
ON PROBATION

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You know...the car is fairly new, the package is really new...no one on the forum may have one yet....
Someone posted a day or two ago that there was one available at a dealership, that he'd ordered it and wasn't going to take it -- ask him what's on it?
Old 12-21-2005, 08:42 PM
ON PROBATION

Cosmos, two threads down...just posted asking him what's in the 030 package -- there ya go (hopefully).
Old 12-21-2005, 08:46 PM
Almost a Member!

I am just hoping that the 030 package will be available on the CLS 63 right away.....

By the way ...how do you contact Rob Allen... What's his e-mail ? I have tried to reach him before...unsuccessful...
Old 12-21-2005, 09:17 PM
Almost a Member!

Florida E55, regarding your last point, I apologize again. I did not mean to offend, even though I might have. I was a little punchy last night after an 11 hour day at the office, then feeding, bathing, brushing the teeth of, and putting my kids to sleep. I am just excited about the car and getting impatient about the vague info.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheels
Originally Posted by ClayJ
You know...the car is fairly new, the package is really new...no one on the forum may have one yet....
Someone posted a day or two ago that there was one available at a dealership, that he'd ordered it and wasn't going to take it -- ask him what's on it?
When I picked up my CLS 55 the last week or so, I was told that I was the first one in the states with the 030 Performance Package. I can assure you all that the contents of the package are:

Alcantra Steering Wheel
Suspension upgrades
LSD
19" 2 piece AMG wheels (same as SL65)
Compund brakes
Compund Rotors
Slightly, just slightly rear fenders, just rolled and more angular
Old 12-21-2005, 09:28 PM

2010 ZR1 2011 JGC Overland 2013 ML63 on order
Just got the call yesterday, my 030 is on the ground in Jacksonville.

I'll be picking it up early next week so stay tuned. I'll have a full report on the car, 030 package constituents, and a ton of pics for ya..

MB FANATIC when are you supposed to be getting back from your travels, I'm dying to see pics of your car..??

Last edited by Tony007; 12-21-2005 at 09:30 PM.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:36 PM
ON PROBATION

We want to here all about em guys...and pics? Pics are always good.
Old 12-22-2005, 04:44 PM

Something on 4 wheels..
My baby is in production...

Originally Posted by RCTMan
Florida E55, regarding your last point, I apologize again. I did not mean to offend, even though I might have. I was a little punchy last night after an 11 hour day at the office, then feeding, bathing, brushing the teeth of, and putting my kids to sleep. I am just excited about the car and getting impatient about the vague info.
Hey RCTMan, absolutely NO REASON for you to apologize (I don't even recall that I felt offended in any way.. )!

I know exactly how you feel right now! I just came from my dealer and MY CAR IS IN PRODUCTION right now!! That's just freakin' awesome.. I also got a PO-number (whatever that means... ).

BTW, does anybody know how long delivery might take to the East Coast (still praying for a January-delivery.. )?

I also requested a labor-quote for the installation of the illuminated door-sills. I was told $750/door, so a total of $3,000 for all 4. Are they trying to ripp me off or is this a standard-quote?? The sills cost $1,170, so I would have to pay $4K for the complete job....Sounds a bit pricy...

How much do they charge on average for Ipod- and phone-installation? Again, I know the parts but not labor.

Would be great if somebody has any idea...

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by FloridaE55; 12-22-2005 at 04:53 PM.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

g
Originally Posted by FloridaE55
I also requested a labor-quote for the installation of the illuminated door-sills. I was told $750/door, so a total of $3,000 for all 4. Are they trying to ripp me off or is this a standard-quote?? The sills cost $1,170, so I would have to pay $4K for the complete job....Sounds a bit pricy...

How much do they charge on average for Ipod- and phone-installation? Again, I know the parts but not labor.

Thanks in advance!
I suggest that you call C2Designs and get a quote from them... That sounds overboard on installation.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:15 PM

Something on 4 wheels..
Originally Posted by NOTKTS
I suggest that you call C2Designs and get a quote from them... That sounds overboard on installation.
Thanks for the info! Mercedes is know for its pricy accessories and high labor. I'm sure C2Designs will be cheaper. It would def. be interesting to find out if you basically pay the same for the same labor at any MB-dealer or if those prices can be quite different...
Old 12-22-2005, 05:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels
Hey RCTMan, absolutely NO REASON for you to apologize (I don't even recall that I felt offended in any way.. )!

I know exactly how you feel right now! I just came from my dealer and MY CAR IS IN PRODUCTION right now!! That's just freakin' awesome.. I also got a PO-number (whatever that means... ).

BTW, does anybody know how long delivery might take to the East Coast (still praying for a January-delivery.. )?

Thanks in advance!
Your dealer is trying to rip you off. I paid for my sills, plus $300 for installation. Clearly your dealer is a jack *** IMO and has been to you since the beginning.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels
Originally Posted by Tony007
MB FANATIC when are you supposed to be getting back from your travels, I'm dying to see pics of your car..??
I wont be in town till January 2nd, and right after the Rose Bowl, I am going back to Canada and then Louisiana to check up on the remodeling of our hotels damaged by Katrina.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:39 PM

Something on 4 wheels..
Wow...

Originally Posted by MB Fanatic
Your dealer is trying to rip you off. I paid for my sills, plus $300 for installation. Clearly your dealer is a jack *** IMO and has been to you since the beginning.
WOW!!
That's QUITE a difference, IMO. May I ask for the name and location of your dealership? I'D def. like to have some facts when I'm going to confront them with those numbers...
Old 12-22-2005, 10:38 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55
Originally Posted by MB Fanatic
I wont be in town till January 2nd, and right after the Rose Bowl, I am going back to Canada and then Louisiana to check up on the remodeling of our hotels damaged by Katrina.
I, for one will be interested in seeing the photos of your car. Both of us seem to have similar tastes, Alabaster white and every option. I am looking forward to hearing your assessment of the 030.
Old 12-23-2005, 03:23 AM
Almost a Member!

Congrats Florida E55 on ordering your car!! I am going to wait for the 63 to come out. I am sure I would be happy with the 55, but I always have to have the latest and greatest even though I will probably be cruising along most of the time. I am also still considering a few other cars, but right now the CLS is at the top of my list.

On another note, if you guys have not already found it, all those interested in seeing a great Top Gear Video review of the CLS55, Google "google video", then click on the first link labeled Google Video, then type "Top Gear", and it will give a number of great video reviews of various cars including the 55. There are probably 10 pages of reviews and the 55 review is near the middle. Great stuff.

Last edited by RCTMan; 12-23-2005 at 03:36 AM.
Old 12-24-2005, 11:01 AM

I think,this is the right thread to post my question:
Does the Europeans also get 030 Package?
Thanks
Old 12-24-2005, 12:34 PM

Something on 4 wheels..
Originally Posted by Acar
I think,this is the right thread to post my question:
Does the Europeans also get 030 Package?
Thanks
Yes, but they pay more and get less, as far as I know...
Old 12-24-2005, 02:03 PM

Yes, but they pay more and get less, as far as I know...
I am in Europe and about to order a CLS AMG, and i really want this Package.I looked at MB of Germany's web site but i could not find anything.Anyone knows a web site to get more information about Europe's 030?
Old 12-24-2005, 03:35 PM
Almost a Member!

I'm surprised they don't have the 030 package in Germany. It seems like that is the only place you can really use it.

Anyway, I went to my dealer yesterday to place an order for a CLS63 with 030 performance package and all I got were blank stares. It went something like this:

'When do you expect the CLS63's to come in?....you mean the 65....no I mean the 63, the new engine....silence....oh I didn't know there was a new engine."

"Has anyone ordered a CLS55 with the 030 performance package?.....silence.....uh....performance package?...."

Let me clarify things. I am out here in Hawaii in the middle of the Pacific and there is only one dealer in the whole state. The sales people are real nice and they treat you great, but don't seem to know anything about their own products. I asked my sales guy to look into it for me. We will see what happens. The BMW dealer is directly across the street and I am tempted to see if they know more about the M5, but the CLS is soooo much better looking.
Old 12-24-2005, 04:18 PM
ON PROBATION

Got to do your own research when you're in a place like HI -- and tell the salesman what you want and tell him to make some calls. "If you order it they will build it" and then you'll just have to wait a few months to get it..... Otherwise go through someone like House of Imports in So Cal and do the shipping to HI thing....
Old 12-24-2005, 04:35 PM
Almost a Member!

Yes, I have considered the SoCal route because I lived in L.A. for 10 years and I know the dealerships are much better. Our dealership was recently purchased by Fletcher Jones (big SoCal Dealer) so I hope things will improve. The only hesitation I have is damaging my relationship with the local dealer regarding future cars and service. I know they can get the car I want, they just don't know anything about it.....yet.
Old 12-24-2005, 04:42 PM
ON PROBATION

Service makes money. Any dealership will be more than happy to have you as a customer. To get the AMG cars I have found that you have to buy from whomever has the allocation -- and they're not going to have it in HI. We all understand that, they understand that too.
Old 12-24-2005, 04:53 PM
Almost a Member!

Good point
Old 12-24-2005, 04:57 PM
ON PROBATION

yuppie. Do the research on what's available. Build your car on paper. Find out if anyone has it on the ground. Find out which dealership has a slot coming up where your build can take it. Get the car you want....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 030 Package