C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

030 Package

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 01:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
SL65, E55T, Pending S65
I do not believe they are ceramic in any way.....

My understanding is that they are Aluminum floating hubs with Steel rotors. Looking at the rotors on my SL65, it would appear to be the case.

Lighter yes, ceramic no.

I don't believe they were trying to be deceptive in any way. I believe that since the rotors are made of two different metals they truly are Composite.

An example is that Mercedes does call the SLR brakes "Ceramic."
Old 12-20-2005, 02:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
211 E55(sold) & 80cc shifter kart
cls 030 package

amg 19'' rimms(65 rimms)--mb cost? lets say $800
vmax up'd--mb's cost? $75.00(techs time to flash ecu)more like $0 though.
lsd mb's cost hmmmm? lets say$1000.00
full floater internal vented 2 piece brakes up front only, mb's cost $800
amg steering wheel $750

these are guess's on the actual factory cost but i bet I'm damn close!! total cost $3425.00
retail $10,000.00 nice little mark up.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL65, E55T, Pending S65
Are you saying it is a bad value?

Why don't you look at it from another perspective......

What would it cost you to get this from Renntech or Kleemann?

Then price out the warranty.

I didn't view it as as a bad deal based on what I spend on other aftermarket parts.

Just my .02
Old 12-20-2005, 03:32 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55
Originally Posted by BMWEATR
cls 030 package

amg 19'' rimms(65 rimms)--mb cost? lets say $800
vmax up'd--mb's cost? $75.00(techs time to flash ecu)more like $0 though.
lsd mb's cost hmmmm? lets say$1000.00
full floater internal vented 2 piece brakes up front only, mb's cost $800
amg steering wheel $750

these are guess's on the actual factory cost but i bet I'm damn close!! total cost $3425.00
retail $10,000.00 nice little mark up.
The front bumper is different and doesn't it include additional cooling?
Old 12-20-2005, 04:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL65, E55T, Pending S65
Not on the CLS55
Old 12-20-2005, 04:34 PM
ON PROBATION

BMWEATR - Price the mods at retail and then you'll see why I think that the package is one hell of a deal....
Old 12-20-2005, 05:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by can drive 55
The front bumper is different and doesn't it include additional cooling?
no and no
Old 12-20-2005, 05:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Schiznick
Are you saying it is a bad value?

Why don't you look at it from another perspective......

What would it cost you to get this from Renntech or Kleemann?

Then price out the warranty.

I didn't view it as as a bad deal based on what I spend on other aftermarket parts.

Just my .02
oh sorry i wasn't complaining(maybe alittle sarcastic cause yea after market guys cost more but mb could take it alittle easier on us?), I would definetly get this on the 55!!! I'd rather have this option than parktronic, distronic etc!!! If money was a issue. to be honest i wouldn't by another amg w/out this option.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:10 PM
ON PROBATION

Originally Posted by BMWEATR
to be honest i wouldn't by another amg w/out this option.
Even though I actually don't like the CF interior trim I feel the same way.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL65, E55T, Pending S65
The CF may be a bit much in the CLS.

Perhaps that is why it is only offered on the SLK and SL as a part of the 030.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

yea cls doesn't get CF i don't think, its not listed on the amg site. CF trim NO WAY! to ricer for me.
Old 12-21-2005, 12:40 AM
Almost a Member!

It does not look like the CLS gets the suspension mods that the SL and the SLK get ("AMG Nürburgring sports suspension based on Active Body Control (ABC)"). I finally looked at the 030 package for the SL and the SLK on the AMG site and they specifically list this suspension upgrade for those two cars and leave it out for the CLS. Does anyone have any info on this?
Old 12-21-2005, 03:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheels
https://mbworld.org/forums/c219/119755-final-content-030-performance-package.html

Go to the above thread. It proves my point that MBUSA website designers are morons along with the top brass at MBUSA.

The 030 gets the revised suspension over the standard CLS55 and better brakes. I called my dealer and talked to my service guy from India and he said the brakes are slightly different from than that of SL65's dual floating hat design as the rotors and pads have a ceramic compound in them.

Clearly this package is woth the 10K it costs.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:33 AM
ON PROBATION

I'll be doing the 030's in the future...but I am going to figure out a way to replace the CF with wood (or leather).
Old 12-21-2005, 03:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheels
Originally Posted by ClayJ
I'll be doing the 030's in the future...but I am going to figure out a way to replace the CF with wood (or leather).
i don't have CF in my car, I have the high gloss laurel wood. it looks great.
Old 12-21-2005, 04:06 AM
Almost a Member!

MB Fanatic, it is not that I don't want to believe you. I really do. It is more that I don't believe, or trust much of anything that the dealers give us as "information". Most of the time when I go into a dealership for any car, I have researched it extensively and know more about the car than the guy trying to sell it to me. I look at all the boards, web sites, and auto mags before walking in to buy a car or any product for that matter. It becomes very obvious when you ask them a technical question that you already know the answer to just to test their knowledge and honesty and they give you some adlib BS answer. I have never talked to any MB USA reps so I can't comment based on personal experience, but I have a feeling their "information" is also a 50/50 proposition. If they are trying to sell you something, I want it in writing. I also agree with you that the web site is not a 100% accurate source of information, but at least it is in writing and can be referred back to if there are discrepancies. When I ordered my current E500 I ordered it with the voice activated phone and the folding front passenger seat. Both these items were in the brochure and on the web site, but neither were on the car when it arrived because they did not exist in the 2003 model year (proves your point about the web site). The dealers will sell more of the 030 pack if the buyers (you and me) think it includes the suspension upgrade, so the salesmen might have a little incentive to stretch the truth without being accountable. The web site, on the other hand, can't intentionally mislead/misrepresent what they are selling, or I would think a few law suits might follow, especially with the group of buyer that they are targeting. Maybe I am just being too paranoid, but before I let go of my $105,000 or so, I want concrete verification of what I am buying. Since I started this thread, no one has really agreed on exactly what is in the package. This makes me wonder if this is the intention of MB. I really hope you are right, because the car will be amazing if everything on your list is on the car. MB and AMG would be making a big mistake by not advertising the suspension upgrade. At this point I am still considering the M5/M6 because of this issue. There is absolutely no question what in an M5. I bet a lot of M5 customers would consider the CLS if they knew it had the modified suspension. The M5 boards constantly rip on Merc for there inferior handling. If the “Team Leader - Consumer Promotions” from the post you referred me to needs to put his confirmed list in the brochure and on the web site. How difficult could it be to copy the suspension upgrade line from the SL list and paste it into the CLS list for the 030 package? I like the line, “Don't be confused by the new brochure for this package published by mbusa.com within the next days. This brochure won't show the complete content.” It sounds like “Don’t worry about what is in the contract, just sign it. You can trust me.”

Last edited by RCTMan; 12-21-2005 at 04:11 AM.
Old 12-21-2005, 01:18 PM
ON PROBATION

You go into , call, or email the dealer and ask him to confirm the package contents with the Regional AMG Rep or you email Rob Allen President AMG North America. Dealers won't have a problem going to the AMG Rep, and I guarentee you the Rep knows what's available.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:03 PM
Almost a Member!

Thanks ClayJ. I apologize to all for the long rambling rant. It was late last night.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:16 PM
ON PROBATION

It happens...
The regional AMG rep route (and using a dealership/salesman who is willing to regularly talk to the rep) is the only way to go if you're an AMG buyer in the US..... And it beats the heck out of trying to utilize MBUSA or the Customer Care Center!
Old 12-21-2005, 03:07 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55
Don't know if this helps, but the following is a copy of the MBUSA web site under contents of the 030 package.

CLS55 - Giant brakes with two-piece compound rotors and multipiston calipers have been proven on the Formula One racetrack. The largest AMG tires available for use on the street stylishly enhance performance while showing off the massive brakes. The sport steering wheel is trimmed in high-grip Alcantara, helping you wield the car's power with panache. (No mention of LSD or suspension) $9,500

SL55 - Upgraded wheels, tires, brakes, and differential have been proven on the Formula One racetrack. Inspired by the world's most revered track, AMG reprogrammed the Active Body Control (ABC) to a Nuerburgring calibration with 20-percent firmer front and rear damping rates for compression and rebound. Subtly enhanced styling inside and out starts with a front apron design taken from the SL safety car built to pace Formula One races. $14,000

Last edited by Can Drive 55; 12-21-2005 at 03:11 PM.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL65, E55T, Pending S65
Since when have there been Regional AMG Reps?

Regional MBUSA, yes, AMG ah no.

They have proven largely useless as well......... At least in the SE
Old 12-21-2005, 03:32 PM
ON PROBATION

Since at least 2002? Was the only way I went until I finally found a dealership and salesman that I could continue to work with (where there wasn't also a jerk GM or owner at the top of the ***** heap).
Alot of people have reported success to me on emailing Rob Allen directly -- supposedly he doesn't mind (!). I've never done it, but I think his email address is rallen@mbusa.com or something like that -- someone out there knows his email address!

Last edited by ClayJ; 12-21-2005 at 03:35 PM.
Old 12-21-2005, 04:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL65, E55T, Pending S65
You must have been speaking to Regional MB reps.

They do not Segment AMG out in the US.

Thanks for the info I will try Rob then.....
Old 12-21-2005, 05:43 PM
ON PROBATION

I remember being sure that they were AMG reps -- but then I have experienced a number of head injuries....
Nobody I know who has gone to Rob has been disappointed....
Let us know what you find out -
Old 12-21-2005, 06:30 PM

Something on 4 wheels..
Let's see...

Originally Posted by RCTMan
MB Fanatic, it is not that I don't want to believe you. I really do. It is more that I don't believe, or trust much of anything that the dealers give us as "information". Most of the time when I go into a dealership for any car, I have researched it extensively and know more about the car than the guy trying to sell it to me.
I know exactly what you mean..

I look at all the boards, web sites, and auto mags before walking in to buy a car or any product for that matter. It becomes very obvious when you ask them a technical question that you already know the answer to just to test their knowledge and honesty and they give you some adlib BS answer. I have never talked to any MB USA reps so I can't comment based on personal experience, but I have a feeling their "information" is also a 50/50 proposition. If they are trying to sell you something, I want it in writing. I also agree with you that the web site is not a 100% accurate source of information, but at least it is in writing and can be referred back to if there are discrepancies. When I ordered my current E500 I ordered it with the voice activated phone and the folding front passenger seat. Both these items were in the brochure and on the web site, but neither were on the car when it arrived because they did not exist in the 2003 model year (proves your point about the web site). The dealers will sell more of the 030 pack if the buyers (you and me) think it includes the suspension upgrade, so the salesmen might have a little incentive to stretch the truth without being accountable..
Well, my SA had no idea about the content of the package and the information wasn't provided by a dealership...

The web site, on the other hand, can't intentionally mislead/misrepresent what they are selling, or I would think a few law suits might follow, especially with the group of buyer that they are targeting. Maybe I am just being too paranoid, but before I let go of my $105,000 or so, I want concrete verification of what I am buying. Since I started this thread, no one has really agreed on exactly what is in the package. This makes me wonder if this is the intention of MB.
Since I wanted to know what I will get, I made my homework. Just check out the provided link. That's what we'll get AND NOTHING ELSE! :p

I really hope you are right, because the car will be amazing if everything on your list is on the car. MB and AMG would be making a big mistake by not advertising the suspension upgrade. At this point I am still considering the M5/M6 because of this issue. There is absolutely no question what in an M5. I bet a lot of M5 customers would consider the CLS if they knew it had the modified suspension. The M5 boards constantly rip on Merc for there inferior handling. If the “Team Leader - Consumer Promotions” from the post you referred me to needs to put his confirmed list in the brochure and on the web site. How difficult could it be to copy the suspension upgrade line from the SL list and paste it into the CLS list for the 030 package?
I don't get that either.. , but that doesn't mean that we only get what the homepage shows (according to that, designo wouldn't be available at all...)

I like the line, “Don't be confused by the new brochure for this package published by mbusa.com within the next days. This brochure won't show the complete content.” It sounds like “Don’t worry about what is in the contract, just sign it. You can trust me.”
Hmm, that was actually my statement and I'm def. NOT a salesman... :p

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 030 Package