My Baby was Burned today!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 12:17 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS 55 AMG DAILY!
Unhappy My Baby was Burned today!!!

Help Please!!! This afternoon after having a few drinks and a little intoxicated ,in L.A. Cali., I was on my way home with my friends, one of the guys in my car was smoking in the passanger seat. Dazed at some female that was in the car next to us, she was hot, he went to ash the "smoke" and his dumb *** hit the pillar burn that, and the cherry then fell on this knee and on the seat burning the front of my seat. I could have been a dick and cursed him out as I kick his *** but, me being the cool, calm and collected guy that I am just turned to him, as he apologized his heart out to me all the way home, and told him that he need to fix it. It would have sucked for anyone else because it's going to be expensive to fix but, he's in the Real Estate business. Can anyone point me in the direction so I can take my baby to where she needs to go please! He offered to fix the damage! My question is do they sell the items I need or should I just upgrade the damaged area with something else. Can some help me please it is deeply appricated... Thank You...
Attached Thumbnails My Baby was Burned today!!!-seat.jpg   My Baby was Burned today!!!-pillar.jpg  
Old 05-20-2006, 08:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 SL63
I can't help with the repair... but I could let you use my gun to shoot your friend.

Do you smoke in your car?

I would/will never allow anyone to smoke in my car. Forget the fact that it stinks up the car...
Old 05-20-2006, 09:43 AM

06 CLS55, 07 GL450, 07 GMC Yukon, 06 Pontiac Vibe
Your local dealer usually can make a recommendation of someone who can fix it pretty cheaply. Secondly though, why would you allow someone to smoke in a 55 anyway? I don't like to let people even ride with me.
Old 05-20-2006, 12:11 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2001 S500 Sport "Klaus"
that happened to me once in a light grey leather cadillac; i was pissed but of course didn't find out that my friend had accidentally cherry-burned the seat until the next day...

anyway, i used a paper towel and some leather cleaner on it and the burnmark pretty much vanished. had to rub like a *******, though. there was a little spot where upon close inspection you could see that something had done in the leather a bit, but it was only visible on fairly close inspection -- the kind of thing that got me a little mad b/c i knew about it, but no one else could really see.

oh, and unlike your friend, my guy's cig cherry had landed in a fold in the leather and sat there, burning itself out, and was only found by me the next day, so i'd reckon that whatever damage there was on my caddy was likely more than your seat sustained. on the other hand, the leather on that car (1991 60 special) was great-wearing and very thick, whereas i have a feeling that the leather in our '55's is thin and not as hardy. (i hope my feeling is wrong, considering what these cars cost...)

good luck with the fix; i know how annoying those little things can be; on a new pricey car you're probably in some anguish.

v
Old 05-20-2006, 12:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 CLS55-030, 2002 BMW 540 Wagon, 1995 VW Jetta GLX
Unhappy Dealer can fix it.

My Dog ripped one of the rear center cushions and the cost to fix it was $400.00 @ Fletcher Jones MB. - Bob
Old 05-20-2006, 12:49 PM

An Affalterbach Beast & Others
Originally Posted by Evolution Marine
My Dog ripped one of the rear center cushions and the cost to fix it was $400.00 @ Fletcher Jones MB. - Bob
You must really love your dog man, I love my dog too, but he will never step foot in my Benz!
Old 05-20-2006, 12:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
Have The Seat Cushion Cover replaced...Then its good as New!

As for the Dog Owner I Would recommend K9 Covers
They made a FULL cover Seats/doors/floor for Both My W210 Wagon and The W211 As we take our Dogs everywhere..They work Great..And They are WaterProof!..a Good Investment for dog owners!!!
Old 05-20-2006, 06:09 PM

2012 CLS63
My Labrador Retrievers love going for a ride in the 55! All I do is slide open the rear storage compartments between the seats so they don't scratch the wood coverings.
Old 05-21-2006, 01:01 AM
Almost a Member!

CLS 55 AMG DAILY!
Thanks everyone for the advice I woke up ever today, still pissed off and hoping that it was just a dream, ya right, and when to the great people @ Flecter Jones in Newport and they set me up for an appointment on Tuesday to have it replace... Thank You Everyone... I love my dog too....
It's a mini bulldog...
Attached Thumbnails My Baby was Burned today!!!-mini-bulldog.jpg  
Old 05-21-2006, 01:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 C32 ///AMG
have the pillar rewrapped and the seat bottom rewrapped.
Old 05-21-2006, 03:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
G63, AMG GT S
Originally Posted by idrivatitleist

Do you smoke in your car?
I don't have a CLS or a 55 but I don't smoke in my car either. In fact, since I got it in March, I haven't brought any type of food or liquid, or anything maloderous into the car. I've only brought in water. And my car STILL smells new!!!

BUT, once that smell goes away, I'll probably start smoking in it. If you open all the windows and it's a long drive, the smell goes away. It's those 10 minute trips that stink up the car.
Old 05-21-2006, 05:50 PM

2001 S500 Sport "Klaus"
for about $100, dealers will sell you a third-party but MB-authorized part comprising a rear seat cover-all that's made of nylon backed with plastic or something. meant for porting dogs around, etc.; i bought one to use while the baby's small and liable to spit up or barf all over the rear seat. thankfully, she doesn't seem like that sort of kid (not yet, anyway), but it's a really great quality piece of kit. not only that, but with the MB-authorization, the good thing is that for once, it's a seat cover that actually fits over the seats without too much hassle! other third-party covers are usually too small or way to big in my experience.

in any event, it beats having to spend $400 every so often to have the dog's doings undone by the dealer...

v