C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

Designo Mystic White CLS63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 12:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 CLS 55
Designo Mystic White CLS63

After a short wait of only 2-1/2 years, my dealer has just informed me that I finally have the opportunity to place my order for not only a CLS63, but with my desired mystic white configuration. Delivery will be in November, which seems a surprisingy long time, but I am not complaining too much since I can continue to drive my CLS55 in the interim.

I have never seen mystic white in person -- only in a picture emailed to me last year from the AMG marketing department in New Jersey. I am writing to ask whether anyone has actually seen that color and, if so, how it compares to alabaster white? I also understand that the designo version includes porcelain nappa leather, and I would like to hear from anyone who has seen that leather, as well.

Thanks!
Old 06-29-2006, 12:58 AM
JLP

06 E-55-95-F355S- 99 Porsche 911 C2 w mods
I've seen mystic white on a CLS55.......I actually know where you can get one if you don't want to wait.
The color is very nice, it has that gasoline type effect in the metallic part, similiar to the pearlescent paint Audi offered years ago. Its definitely unique. Pm if you want more info on the CLS55!
Old 06-29-2006, 12:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 313 Likes on 231 Posts
'19 E63S sedan
All Mystic colors change hue as the angle of reflected light changes. Mystic White is a bit subtler than some of the others, but it's pretty clear that something very interesting is going on. No comparison with Alabaster White. It's not my cup of tea (the concept is a bit flashy), but it's certainly attractive in all the ways that can mean.

I loved the Porcelain leather CLS500 I saw recently. There is a lot of black leather trim and the piano lacquer is gorgeous. It gives it a deco, piano bar feel that is very elegant. You should be only allowed to play Cole Porter and George and Ira Gershwin song CDs. I've seen a similar interior on a Maybach. I would say the CLS and Maybach (and maybe the new CL) are the only cars for this interior. I think you might go nuts trying to keep the white leather clean, but it would be worth it.
Old 06-29-2006, 02:03 AM

Received 112 Likes on 80 Posts
2020 S63 Coupe, 2006 Hummer H1 Alpha, 2018 McLaren 720S, 2022 Porsche 911 TurboS, 2022 Tesla Model X
I have the porcelain nappa and piano black trim on my CLS (designo Graphite). The leather has been holding up very nicely, I just use a microfiber cloth with leather cleaner whenever I see a mark and it comes right off. The offwhite leather looks stunning with the black leather, carpet, and floormats.

The piano black trim looks great and is very classy -- I much prefer it to the the matte walnut burl or glossy laurel the vast majority fo the CLS cars have -- and was one of the major factors in me getting the designo package. It does show dust and streaks very easily, but a few minutes maintenance a week (light use of dash duster every few days, wipe with microfiber cloth dampened with glass cleaner about once a week) keeps it looking great.

Here is a link to a 2007 SL55 in Mystic White on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Merce...spagenameZWDVW

Hard to appreciate the paint characteristics in the pictures, but I'm sure it looks much nicer than the Alabaster white, which was a bit too plain for my taste. I have to put a plug in for the Graphite paint, it looks great and is easy to clean, plus it is really good at hiding road dirt and dust (which is the biggest problem here in AZ). It has a lot of metallic flecks -- yellow, green, blue -- and changes color like a chameleon depending on the inclination of the sun, cloud cover, etc.
Old 06-29-2006, 03:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 290 Likes on 203 Posts
2013 650i Coupe, 2010 IS250 AWD, 1999 S500
I wonder why MBUSA doesn't put these on their website. This Mystic White is an awesome color combo and should be made more widely available and all the designo combinations should be on the website. That SL55 is knock-down stunning!

M
Old 07-02-2006, 12:44 PM

CLS 55 indium-grey
Here is a link to a German CLS-Forum, where you can find pictures of a CLS500 in that color. I have not taken the pictures, but seen the car. To describe the difference in english might be a bit hard, but here is my try: First it is completely different to alabaster-white, since it is on the on hand matt-finishd but tends to look like nacre (got this word out of a translator ). So the light is very interestingly broken depedent on the angle you look at the car. However this color would be the one I like on my CLS!!! Additionally mid-brown leather trim inside, piano coating and it would be perfect.
Hope, this helps a bit
Old 07-02-2006, 08:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sean's Sister--
any dealerships have a sample in stock or have a actual car in this color?
Old 05-07-2007, 03:14 AM
axl

w210 E320K // w221 S550
hi guys, i am planning to paint my car in mystic white, anybody know the paint code?? or where i can find a supply for such paint. more pictures would also be very appreciated.

Thx
Old 05-07-2007, 03:40 AM

OO7 CLS63///G55TANK ///S80-T6///R1///R6
Originally Posted by Alexbenz
any dealerships have a sample in stock or have a actual car in this color?
CALABASAS HAD ONE ON AN SL55 , COLOR IS OK , ITS JUST A WITE WITH A PEARLY TOUCH TO IT, KINDA LIKE THE ESCALLADE... i WOULDNT GET IT WITHOUT THE PIANO BLACK WOOD AND WHITE INTERIOR, THATS WAT STOOD OUT FOR ME.
Old 05-07-2007, 04:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
G55 & SLK55
Mystic white its very nice, Its similar to Morning Frost on the Aston Martin or Baloon white on the Lamborghini.

Cant wait to see pics of it!
Old 05-07-2007, 06:04 AM
axl

w210 E320K // w221 S550
i will do it 100%

give me approx 4 weeks and i will post pics of my 210 in 038 with a black roof
Old 05-07-2007, 09:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 74 Likes on 57 Posts
18 G550, 18 C350e
I saw a Mystic White S600. Unlike the Pearl White paint of Audis and Lexus of the past, the Benz's paint does not look beige/yellow-ish (yuck).

I'd do it if I had the $$
Old 05-07-2007, 12:29 PM

08 E63
Originally Posted by whoover
I would say the CLS and Maybach (and maybe the new CL) are the only cars for this interior. I think you might go nuts trying to keep the white leather clean, but it would be worth it.
Pix of the Maybach interior from the NY Auto Show.
Attached Thumbnails Designo Mystic White CLS63-image0007.jpg   Designo Mystic White CLS63-image0008.jpg  
Old 05-07-2007, 12:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
06 CLS55 w/ P030, 05 Jag S Type R, 05 TBird-68 Dodge Charger R/T-440 w/4speed I'm original owner
Originally Posted by jmeyers
After a short wait of only 2-1/2 years, my dealer has just informed me that I finally have the opportunity to place my order for not only a CLS63, but with my desired mystic white configuration. Delivery will be in November, which seems a surprisingy long time, but I am not complaining too much since I can continue to drive my CLS55 in the interim.

I have never seen mystic white in person -- only in a picture emailed to me last year from the AMG marketing department in New Jersey. I am writing to ask whether anyone has actually seen that color and, if so, how it compares to alabaster white? I also understand that the designo version includes porcelain nappa leather, and I would like to hear from anyone who has seen that leather, as well.

Thanks!
There is one on the showroom floor at Fletcher Jones in Newport Beach. It the best looking one I seen and its fully loaded with the 030 package--Even better looking than mine which is Alabaster White.
Old 05-07-2007, 12:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
06 CLS55 w/ P030, 05 Jag S Type R, 05 TBird-68 Dodge Charger R/T-440 w/4speed I'm original owner
Caution-don't Use Glass Cleaner!!!

Originally Posted by RennTech55K
I have the porcelain nappa and piano black trim on my CLS (designo Graphite). The leather has been holding up very nicely, I just use a microfiber cloth with leather cleaner whenever I see a mark and it comes right off. The offwhite leather looks stunning with the black leather, carpet, and floormats.

The piano black trim looks great and is very classy -- I much prefer it to the the matte walnut burl or glossy laurel the vast majority fo the CLS cars have -- and was one of the major factors in me getting the designo package. It does show dust and streaks very easily, but a few minutes maintenance a week (light use of dash duster every few days, wipe with microfiber cloth dampened with glass cleaner about once a week) keeps it looking great.

Here is a link to a 2007 SL55 in Mystic White on Ebay

Hard to appreciate the paint characteristics in the pictures, but I'm sure it looks much nicer than the Alabaster white, which was a bit too plain for my taste. I have to put a plug in for the Graphite paint, it looks great and is easy to clean, plus it is really good at hiding road dirt and dust (which is the biggest problem here in AZ). It has a lot of metallic flecks -- yellow, green, blue -- and changes color like a chameleon depending on the inclination of the sun, cloud cover, etc.
CAUTION-DON'T USE GLASS CLEANER!!!

Glass cleaners such as Windex has amonia in it as well as other harmfull stuff. I use products like Endust or fine fine funture polish with lemon oil. Very lightly applied to a microfiber cloth wipe lightly the interior wood, chrome, plastics, and rear center wood console. ITS LOOKS GREAT!

You might want to check out the detailing section of this board to see what other guys are doing.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:52 AM

magLipVE
heres one on ebay for sale

Old 05-11-2007, 09:25 PM

2011 E-class coupe, 2012 C-class
White has become very trendy again.. It look very cool too