Weekend Project Part II Illuminated Sills, V1 & Ipod Fix

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 10:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
CLS 55
Originally Posted by fuqua
Finally got the IPOD fix done after weeks of frustration. My fingers are still sore from pulling off the wood panel!! Thanks again for the info Kevin. Quick question to all who do mod's. Do the mod's affect the warranty of the car? i.e. if i have a amp and a subwoofer installed does that void my warranty if I have an electrical problem in the future?
Glad you were able to do the fix. To answer your questions about mods, this is my $.02... it really depends on your dealer and your relationship with the dealer, mainly service advisor. Now with that said, if you do modify something and something fails that has to do with your modifciation, they have every right to decline warranty work. Of course if you install a amp and speakers and its tied into the MOST system of the comand unit, and your head unit dies, I'm sure they will blaim it on the amp. They can not void the entire warranty on the car if you add a amp.
My mechanic summed it up bu the phrase of "You have to pay to play"