C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

CLS55 - too much car for a daily driver?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 03:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
CLS 55
Originally Posted by HemantS
S class is too big of a car for me

Cayenne Turbo is like a Hyundai Santa Fe on steroids, no thanks.
Wrong my friend, better check your eyes.
Old 09-04-2006, 10:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ThemisN you are correct - I'm all over the map. It's a sign that my heart and my head have not found an intersection!

Emotionally I WANT fast, I don't NEED fast - but does anyone? Well, given that I do drive in modest traffic, the ability to change lanes quickly does help - that's why my tiptronic A4 1.8T wasn't well suited due to turbo lag.

Logically, regardless of what I CAN afford, for the price of a CLS55 (the emotional front runner) I could buy a G35X and a 5 year old convertible roadster, or just keep my TLS as a winter beater and buy an SL or something.
Old 09-04-2006, 01:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 S4
My mom is like that and she doesnt know much about cars at all. She was in the market for something and I was helping her shop. I showed her some Bmw 5 series and E classes. She asked me will these be fast like my XJR. I laughed and siad you dont drive fast hardly ever and she just said, but yea I like to know I can if i need to. I let her drive my S4 and she got one just like it. If you can afford the AMG get it. I think you would regret buying a non AMG. I have a friend who is a car nut(you wouldnt beleive his collection) and bought just a cayene s to tow a small boat. Well few weeks later that was traded up for a turbo.