C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

Heater Controls Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 08:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 AMG
Heater Controls Questions

Now that it's getting colder out I noticed that I have to turn up each controller to 80 one at a time (4 way heating for front and rear). Ok, am I just doing this wrong or can you actually controll the heater with one digital controller? It's irritating that you cant control in one shot or having to hold the button until it gets to the right place. I really like the older model thumb wheel style.
Old 12-03-2006, 01:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by BlackCard
Now that it's getting colder out I noticed that I have to turn up each controller to 80 one at a time (4 way heating for front and rear). Ok, am I just doing this wrong or can you actually controll the heater with one digital controller? It's irritating that you cant control in one shot or having to hold the button until it gets to the right place. I really like the older model thumb wheel style.
You should just leave it at 80 so when you turn it on it is set. If you do not need it leave the heater off. Here in so cal I keep my ac @58 it is always at 58 and when it gets cold out I do turn off ac and need to hold the buttons down. I think if you hold it down it moves faster? I do not think you can avoid those buttons. The range is much better than was in my 03. So once you set the temp simply leave it and it should turn back on at exactly the temp you turned the car off at. How does this car do in bad weather? Jeez I cannot imagine taking her out in snow