The Andretti family rolls in a CLS.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 11:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
The Andretti family rolls in a CLS.

What does every successful and recognizable 20 year old need to get around South Beach?

A Ferrari.

That was Marco Andretti's thought process until his father, Michael, intervened.
The reigning Bombardier Learjet Rookie of the Year, who maintains a residence in Indianapolis, is putting the finishing touches on a South Florida abode so he can train more often with Andretti Green Racing teammate Tony Kanaan.

"I just got talked out of buying a Ferrari yesterday (Feb. 20) by my dad and my business manager," said Andretti, who turns 20 on March 13. "It was a good call by them. I just couldn't get rid of my (BMW) M6."

If it's any consolation, he still has the recently acquired Mercedes CLS 63 AMG to drive.

"I'm just getting a place here to hang out with TK, who is the beast of this field of working out," Andretti said. "I'm just trying to keep up with those guys. Even the F1 guys, they train, they have physios that know exactly what a driver needs."

Andretti said he'll spend some down time in Aspen, Colo., over his birthday before the IndyCar Series season kicks off March 24 at Homestead-Miami Speedway.

"I'm going to go to Aspen to just sort of do nothing," he said. "I'll just turn my phones off for the last four days -- the calm before the storm. I'm just going to hang out, finish my place here, and we'll be ready (for the kickoff race)."
Old 02-22-2007, 07:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lexus
At first, by the title of this thread, I thought someone in the Andretti family had wrecked and rolled a CLS.