*~*Powerchip software Before/After AMG 63 dynos*~*

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 05:35 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cobra/E55
*~*Powerchip software Before/After AMG 63 dynos*~*

ML63 dyno graphs are here!!!!!!! Powerchip has gained some awesome hp/tq and on the 63 motor. Also, notice the dip in power at around 4,500rpms while running stock software. Powerchip flattens out the power band and gains much more hp/tq from 2,500-3,500 rpms.

Additionally, Powerchip software will remove the top-speed limiter and will improve throttle response, which makes everyday driving much more enjoyable.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have or to get an order in.

Sincerely,

-Aaron

Enjoy...

Last edited by StealthAuto; 02-27-2007 at 06:07 PM.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:17 PM

'07 CLS63 AMG, '08 S550, '09 GL450 w/appearance pkg., ('06 BMW '04 M3, '01 Boxster S - ALL SOLD)
Arrow

how much for the powerchip for my CLS63 ?
Old 02-27-2007, 10:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
STS,FGT,12C,P85D,M4
the all wheel drive is sucking up the power.... any 63 rwd dynos?

Old 02-27-2007, 11:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
Originally Posted by 0700700
thanks for the info

but technically speaking (assuming 20% drivetrain loss) , it takes a chip for the ML63 to make its rated power
youre an idiot, you know what they say when people assume.....

not only is that car 4wd (most use 25%) but its also rolling on 22's
Old 02-27-2007, 11:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by AMG_55

Old 02-28-2007, 12:24 AM

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by AMG_55

keep your profane language to yourself
Old 02-28-2007, 06:25 AM

CLS55 AMG
What does the ecu 55 engine tune dyno look like? do you need to do a separate tune for pulley or will it work fine as is until I install the pulley months later down the road.?
Old 02-28-2007, 11:25 AM
Banned

Cobra/E55
Originally Posted by BlackCard
What does the ecu 55 engine tune dyno look like? do you need to do a separate tune for pulley or will it work fine as is until I install the pulley months later down the road.?
The power gains on a CLS55 are about 20rwhp and 25rwtq.

Powerchip has tunes to accomodate all types of pulleys. They can create a tune for you with the pulley, which will not cause any problems. Another option is to have your car tuned now then simply have us adjust your tune when you install the pulley. Powerchip only charges a $100 reflash fee.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 cls 63 030
Is there any way of getting an additional ecu for the cls 63 that I can then have flashed by Powerchip. The only reason I would do this is to have my extra stock ECU for when the car goes in. Any input would be appreciated.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 RRS ; BMW K1200R; 14 E350 ; 14 RRS on order
Originally Posted by joemoney415
Is there any way of getting an additional ecu for the cls 63 that I can then have flashed by Powerchip. The only reason I would do this is to have my extra stock ECU for when the car goes in. Any input would be appreciated.
Great question. But the ECU costs $2900.
Just talked to my dealer and he said the ECU reflash WILL void your warranty if the issue is even remotely related. He said that they have a zero tolerance policy when it comes to that and they will void your warranty immediately if they find out you've flashed your ECU (and it's related to a problem you're taking it in for.)

Now if there was a chip you could plug in and remove later ... that would be awesome.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:53 PM
Banned

Cobra/E55
Originally Posted by trezaei
Just talked to my dealer and he said the ECU reflash WILL void your warranty if the issue is even remotely related. He said that they have a zero tolerance policy when it comes to that and they will void your warranty immediately if they find out you've flashed your ECU (and it's related to a problem you're taking it in for.)

Now if there was a chip you could plug in and remove later ... that would be awesome.
There's really no way to see the software and since problems are non-existant, the dealer will have no idea you have software.

Think about it this way, to inspect your software or even flash you with new software it's more of a cost on their part. If there's no real reason to outlay those costs, there's no reason to believe the dealership will perform such a procedure/inspection for no reason.

On the other hand, if you know you're bringing your car to the dealership and want your stock software reinstalled before doing so, we only charge a $100 reflash fee to reinsert your stock software.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:02 AM
Almost a Member!

LET ME TELL YOU ALLLLL SOMETHING. IT IS FED. LAW THAT NNNOOOOO DEEALLEER CAN VOID ANNYY WARRENTY BASED ON AN INDIVIDUAL UPGADING HIS OR HER CAR/TRUNK. THE ONLY EXCEPTION IS IF THE FALT CAME FROM THE AFTERMARKET PART ITSELF AND OF COURSE YOU CANT EXPECT THEM TO COVER THAT!!! BUT THEY WILL SWEAR UP AND DOWN IF ITS BEEN TOUCHED THAT ITS A NO GO.. tHEY ARE FULL OF *****!! ITS NOT WHAT MONEY GRUBING OWNERS SAY, OR OVER POWERING MANAGERS SAY, ITS WHAT THE LAW SAYS, AND THE FED LAW SAYS CLEARLY THAT THEY HAVE TO KEEP YOUR WARRENTY INTACT UNLESS THE PART THAT FAILED WAS THE EFFECT OF YOU ADDING SOMETHING THAT CAUSED IT TO FAIL. ALSO, IF THEY SAY THEY WILL NOT COVER IT, ITS UP TO THEM!!!! IN COURT TO PROVE IT WAS THE AFTERMARKET PRODUCTS FALT!! SO WHEN YOU DROP THE LAWERS CARD THEY 9 OUT OF 10 TIMES, WILL DO WHAT THEY TOLD YOU HOURS LATER WAS NOT POSSIBLE!!
Old 03-01-2007, 03:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by AMGunited
LET ME TELL YOU ALLLLL SOMETHING. IT IS FED. LAW THAT NNNOOOOO DEEALLEER CAN VOID ANNYY WARRENTY BASED ON AN INDIVIDUAL UPGADING HIS OR HER CAR/TRUNK. THE ONLY EXCEPTION IS IF THE FALT CAME FROM THE AFTERMARKET PART ITSELF AND OF COURSE YOU CANT EXPECT THEM TO COVER THAT!!! BUT THEY WILL SWEAR UP AND DOWN IF ITS BEEN TOUCHED THAT ITS A NO GO.. tHEY ARE FULL OF *****!! ITS NOT WHAT MONEY GRUBING OWNERS SAY, OR OVER POWERING MANAGERS SAY, ITS WHAT THE LAW SAYS, AND THE FED LAW SAYS CLEARLY THAT THEY HAVE TO KEEP YOUR WARRENTY INTACT UNLESS THE PART THAT FAILED WAS THE EFFECT OF YOU ADDING SOMETHING THAT CAUSED IT TO FAIL. ALSO, IF THEY SAY THEY WILL NOT COVER IT, ITS UP TO THEM!!!! IN COURT TO PROVE IT WAS THE AFTERMARKET PRODUCTS FALT!! SO WHEN YOU DROP THE LAWERS CARD THEY 9 OUT OF 10 TIMES, WILL DO WHAT THEY TOLD YOU HOURS LATER WAS NOT POSSIBLE!!
First off, please stop YELLING!!
Secondly, the ECU effects EVERYTHING in the car, so it's very easy to connect it to other parts of the car and any problem that might arise.
With that said, I agree with you that the Lawyer card works against dealers cause they're used to losing in court, but if you have to end up in court you both lose. Believe me on this one, I have spent at least 20 of the past 100 days in court. They're a bit too busy (at least in OC) to hear the case of the yuppy whose hundred thousand dollar car warranty was voided cause he couldn't stop messing with it.
Also please point me to the section of the "FED LAW" that says dealers can't void warranty due to upgrades by unauthorized vendors. I'd love to see that.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:11 PM
Almost a Member!

Smile

Secondly, the ECU effects EVERYTHING in the car, so it's very easy to connect it to other parts of the car and any problem that might arise.
With that said, I agree with you that the Lawyer card works against dealers cause they're used to losing in court, but if you have to end up in court you both lose. Believe me on this one, I have spent at least 20 of the past 100 days in court. They're a bit too busy (at least in OC) to hear the case of the yuppy whose hundred thousand dollar car warranty was voided cause he couldn't stop messing with it.
Also please point me to the section of the "FED LAW" that says dealers can't void warranty due to upgrades by unauthorized vendors. I'd love to see that.

Lol i like the no yelling part, clever clever. Any way, the law has no regulation of "authorized and unauthorized vendors", but i DOES clealerly state that the dealer cant jerk you around if something fails and is truely their falt. Now if you REALLY DID do something wrong, then your on your own. But the way you fraised that statement, i assume that the "dealers" stand is not that the part itself caused the problem, but the "unauthorized vendor installing the product incorrectly, is what caused the issue in the first place." So they are trying to get around it by saying it was neglect on the improper install by the unauthorized vendor, rather than a legit product having anything to do with the failed part.

Last edited by AMGunited; 03-01-2007 at 02:17 PM.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:09 PM

2004 CL55 AMG
Although i dont post much, the law i do know. So when i hear "please point me to the section of the "FED LAW" that says dealers can't void warranty due to upgrades by unauthorized vendors. I'd love to see tha,'' i couldn't help but comment. The name of the federal Law that protects consumers is the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. In a nutshell, this law enacted by Congress in 1975 protects consumers from arbitrary decision making by manufacturers. KNOW YOUR AMERICAN RIGHTS PEOPLE!!!
Old 03-01-2007, 04:13 PM
Banned

Cobra/E55
Originally Posted by illrukus187
Although i dont post much, the law i do know. So when i hear "please point me to the section of the "FED LAW" that says dealers can't void warranty due to upgrades by unauthorized vendors. I'd love to see tha,'' i couldn't help but comment. The name of the federal Law that protects consumers is the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. In a nutshell, this law enacted by Congress in 1975 protects consumers from arbitrary decision making by manufacturers. KNOW YOUR AMERICAN RIGHTS PEOPLE!!!
Excellent post!!! I learned about that act when I began law school.. Very good for forum members to know.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Well guys, I don't really know where you're coming from on any of this. I find it strange that both AMGUnited and illrujus187 without having ever posted in this forum, and a total of 12 posts each, would pretty much finish SteathAuto's sentences. no reason to prime the pipe here guys. Just say what's on your mind. And keep in mind the mods see all IPs.

illrukus187 - As far as Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act is concerned maybe you should read it:

"The federal minimum standards for full warranties are waived if the warrantor can show that the problem associated with a warranted consumer product was caused by damage while in the possession of the consumer, or by unreasonable use, including a failure to provide reasonable and necessary maintenance."

I am not sure how you can possibly justify flashing your ECU as reasonable use.
I don't have anything against this per se. I know just about 75% of all board members here have flashed their ECU with very few problems (barring the recent Kleeman ECU flash disaster, see E55 forum).

Bottom line is I had a long talk about it with my very good friend at FJ who happens to be a service advisor (and you can call yours and talk to him). If they can somehow prove there was a ECU mod (however impossible that may be) then you are screwed as he put it.

And StealthAuto, I am not trying to hinder your biz here man, just trying to get the facts straight, cause if my for some reason the dealer screws me over after I flash my ECU, I'm the one that's stuck with a warranty-less $100K car not you. UNLESS!! You're offering some sort of warranty on the ECU or can put in writing that if MB determines the ECU is the problem that you'll pay for damages ....

and ...
There's really no way to see the software and since problems are non-exist ant, the dealer will have no idea you have software.
Can anyone else verify this claim? Vadim? Is the Star Diagnostic software really so lame that it can't even tell there is a different version of the software installed than the one they expected?

I certainly don't want to seem like I am against the idea. I would LOVE to flash my ECU. I just want to find a Zero (or small) risk way of doing it. I certainly don't think that the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act protects me. But if you like I'll have my girl friend, who IS a Lawyer, interpret the details for us all.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Annnnnnd, drum roll please ...
From a lemon law lawyer I went to school with years ago:

"The relevant part of Magnuson-Moss act relates to "after-market" parts. Flashing/Modifying the ECU/computer involves making changes to OEM parts which DOES void your warranty."

He also said you can fight it, but he wants a $8000 retainer, lol. He thought I was looking for representation. They never stop working.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:41 PM
Banned

Cobra/E55
Annnnnnd, drum roll please ...
From a lemon law lawyer I went to school with years ago:

"The relevant part of Magnuson-Moss act relates to "after-market" parts. Flashing/Modifying the ECU/computer involves making changes to OEM parts which DOES void your warranty."

He also said you can fight it, but he wants a $8000 retainer, lol. He thought I was looking for representation. They never stop working.
The main point is the warranty will only be voided if the ECU or flash causes any sort of problem, which they can relate to the ECU. Since Powerchip's software is tested over and over again and no problems occur, running into such an issue is highly highly unlikely. Powerchip has tuned thousands of cars in the past 15 years and such an issue has never occured.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by StealthAuto
The main point is the warranty will only be voided if the ECU or flash causes any sort of problem, which they can relate to the ECU. Since Powerchip's software is tested over and over again and no problems occur, running into such an issue is highly highly unlikely. Powerchip has tuned thousands of cars in the past 15 years and such an issue has never occured.

Do you have instructions/procedure for removing the ECU ?
Old 03-01-2007, 07:40 PM
Banned

Cobra/E55
Do you have instructions/procedure for removing the ECU ?
We have ECU removal instructions with images for every vehicle Powerchip tunes.
Old 03-02-2007, 12:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by StealthAuto
We have ECU removal instructions with images for every vehicle Powerchip tunes.
LOL, would you mind posting them? For the CLS63. Thanks
Old 03-02-2007, 04:06 AM
Almost a Member!

First off trezaei, no bad blood, but just because some new members have some similar knowledge about a subject does not mean they are all attempting to fool other members into something that is harmful or dangerous. That said, the whole point of this thread was to keep joemoney415 from spending almost 3 grand for nothing!! The ONLY WAY the dealer can void your warranty (and if that happens, its only limited to the part of the car warranty that is directly related to the broken part. i.e. you put on a new brake kit and your head light goes out, they cant void your warranty on your lights because they have nothing to do with one another. But if the brakes fail somehow, and they can show it was the product or installers fault, then they DO NOT HAVE TO COVER ANY PART OF IT UNDER WARRENTY) if the problem in question was caused in ANY way by the modification. Most chip tunes that are from REPUTABLE COMPANYS only set the ecu back to European spec, with a little touch up here and there, but you only get issues when its some guy named Bill playing with his new Apple lap top and trying to tune his buddy’s cls63, a little excessive but you get my point.

Last edited by AMGunited; 03-02-2007 at 04:11 AM.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:21 AM
Almost a Member!

Stealth, is that your ML63 in the pic? If so, what color extiror do you have, and what size/make/finish are your wheels?
Old 03-02-2007, 11:53 AM
Banned

Cobra/E55
LOL, would you mind posting them? For the CLS63. Thanks
I would love to post install instructions for all vehicles but since companies like Speed Innovation do not offer install instructions, us posting the instructions we've put time into making would not be in our best interest.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: *~*Powerchip software Before/After AMG 63 dynos*~*