C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

M6 vs CLS63 story/comparisons

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 04:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S55, ML350
Originally Posted by kjs8506
I guess you are being pathetic. when I read you wrote such a reply as "there's no chance in hell 63 would keep up with K4", I just felt like there is a one little baby that does not wanna see any others' opinion about CLS and try to fold his eyes with childish defense on his car which nobody offended. now I just feel like baby is calling me as "children" look, before you call someone as "children" behave like an adult.

I would like to say first, I never said K4 is better or worse car than the 63. from the beginning, I kept say, I "THINK" there is better chance for 63 to keep up with m6 in higher speed. do you have an ability to read english? it was just an opinion. plus, since you posted me all kinds of good specs and belief on K4, I just wanted to see the track record and as soon as I understand, I won't deny it. the fact is that you never showed me anything, therefore there was nothing to accept or deny. i'm telling you...engine spec is great...but many civics have them as well.

P.S. Oh, by the way, it was really a good sentence. and I think i'll give it back to you. "denial is not just that thick fog you're wading in" (mrademacher). [I even gave you a credit for what you wrote! so feel better!]
"do you have an ability to read english"... You have to be kidding me. Why don't you start with the ability to write English then I'll work on my ability to read it. I'll stop mistaking you for a child when your writing level climbs above that of a 5th grader.

"i'm telling you...engine spec is great...but many civics have them as well" Please elaborate... First of all, if a civic had as much power as a k4 it would blow the doors off of a k4, m6 or 63. Something called power to weight ratio. Second, are you actually comparing a 55 to Civic? Is that the best you can do to defend your position?
Old 03-13-2007, 04:28 AM

S55, ML350
Originally Posted by juicee55
Ok so I guess I will go to Big Willow on the 14th if any M6 owners wanna run..We shall see how my car does against the V10 , I will post a video and or still shots and or time slips whatever, I would love to go 190 mph but I think the track will hold both cars to 130 and under so now what do you think the result may be? You guys need to experience this car at HIGH SPEED it was built for this, this motor is a kickdown master and can be pushed much harder at high spped than the 55k, sorry guys but the 55k rules many aspects of the track but high speed for extended track is not its strength. That is not to suggest for one second a 55k could not handle the M6 on Big Willow, IT COULD. The M6 while very capable is waaaaaaaay more difficult to drive well. Track day is the 14th, hopefully members here will actually start respecting the 63.
I think you'll hold the slight advantage on a track like that but it will be close enough that the better driver will win. Thats whats so rediculous about all the emotion and denial involved in the posts on this forum. How often are you racing from 130 to 180?
Old 03-13-2007, 05:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
No frickin way bro, good luck . The track says no...See you at Willow. The M6 may win but it will not walk the 63 , you guys are crack smokers
Any 1/4 mile time slips for your 63?

We will be recording high speed runs with CLS63 vs M6 and E55k vs 63, 63modded vs Renntech E55 to make everything more conclusive. No sense you guys having cat fights. Until then we'll have vids and then everyone can say what they want due to results. We plan on having Blackbenzz's Kleeman CLK55K4(1/4 mile time of 11.7@ 118.9mph and still learning how to drive the car) up here do a run as well.

Stay tuned!
Old 03-13-2007, 08:00 AM

1973 Yugo
Originally Posted by mrademacher
"do you have an ability to read english"... You have to be kidding me. Why don't you start with the ability to write English then I'll work on my ability to read it. I'll stop mistaking you for a child when your writing level climbs above that of a 5th grader.

"i'm telling you...engine spec is great...but many civics have them as well" Please elaborate... First of all, if a civic had as much power as a k4 it would blow the doors off of a k4, m6 or 63. Something called power to weight ratio. Second, are you actually comparing a 55 to Civic? Is that the best you can do to defend your position?
You don't know that for sure.big turbo civics make big horse power but it will most likely lose a race across the 1/4 mile unless they also have a big money suspension because they will spin for the first 3 or 4 gears and have pretty bad lag. But if it's an eg or crx it will still run 10's with lag and spinning.so like I said you never know.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:20 AM
Almost a Member!

CLK 63 AMG
Take this for what it is

Don't know how accurate all this info is and keeping in mind we have no idea who s behind the wheel in any of these results, but here is a link comparing the M5, M6, CLS63, CLK63 (had to add the CLK because well I have one, lol)

Any don't know if the link will work but here it is:
http://www.dragtimes.com/compare2.ph...ame=Compare%21

If it does not work go to www.dragtime.com and click on compare. Like I said, don't know how accurate or which tracks they are on, but some do post pictures of the time slips. They do note on most if they have mods or if they are stock.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:15 AM

'07 CLS63 AMG, '08 S550, '09 GL450 w/appearance pkg., ('06 BMW '04 M3, '01 Boxster S - ALL SOLD)
Arrow

Originally Posted by joemoney415
With respect to the M6, and trust me when I say this, I would not be caught dead in that disgusting plastic looking garbage can. These conversations about M6's and CLS 63's are really fruitless. The only people who should be chiming in here are owners of either the M6 or a CLS 63(with a good tranny) and just leave it there. People buy different cars for different reasons. An M6 will take care of a CLS over 100 like you guys have been talking about, but how come no one is bringing up BMW's 4 DOOR CAR, the M5. The M5 is slower than the M6 according to every test ever conducted in the history of mankind, therefore, remove the ECU mod and drop it to an M5 and then I think we have a race the Benz is ready for. And with respect to the 55k boys in here, please dont put down the stock 63 being that a stock 55 would have even LESS of a prayer against the modded M6 at high speeds. Wait for a 63 with ecu, air box and full exhaust including headers and the sentiments in here may soon change. It is easy for a group that has 4 years of R&D on aftermarket products to rip a group with no mods, just give us time.
Great points...I believe that the CLS63 vs the M5 would be close...but the CLS63 would take it to 150 with the M5 closing the gap as the speeds got up there...I also believe, and my buddy in the M6 agrees, that the CLS63 would be able to fend off a STOCK M6 to 120 but no more...

I'm not an expert...I just love high performance cars...for those of you that have seen my posts, I walked out on the M6 I ordered. It was sitting at the dealer...I almost took the plunge and bought it...but they weren't a dealership of their word so I walked out on the deal...

I love my CLS63...it is such a looker! The M6 is just a beast, though! Both are simply awesome!

But all in all...we should be comparing the CLS63 vs a M5...I just don't know anyone in the area with one.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:21 AM

'07 CLS63 AMG, '08 S550, '09 GL450 w/appearance pkg., ('06 BMW '04 M3, '01 Boxster S - ALL SOLD)
Arrow

You guys although I like the thread dare really lacking comprehension.

1. The Guy clearly states on the MB that his car has had 3 times tranny probs, that was my point, his car aint healthy...Now everyone is claiming the 63 gets walked by the M6 over 100 mph, that is assinine.. It has not happened to me and I have race 2 brand spanking new M6 and the CLS driven professionally won by 6/10ths of a second on a 3.5 mile track.. The M6 had less torque and less and did not do well coming out of the twisties. You guys and you magazine reviews, take it to a track.. Who here actually has an M6 and wants to actually race on a track. The M6 may win , but walking away over 70 jeesus I am still in 3rd, you guys actually telling me the M6 has moree power in 3rd than the 63? Look at a DYNO..Dudes car is broken . The M6 and 63 are very close from everything I have seen in person..I am not taking a guy's pseudo runs on some Carolina road as fact, I will run my car and report my *** whooping when it actually happens. I will believe it when I see it, And that K4 fiasco is complete crap..Dont even try spewing that old thread again.
For my sake...I hope you are right...Mine is (was) quick...even with the problems...but once the new one arrives (should have it by 3/19 at the latest) I hope that it is even stronger! Especially from 50-120.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 563 Likes on 372 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Originally Posted by kjs8506
I guess you are being pathetic. when I read you wrote such a reply as "there's no chance in hell 63 would keep up with K4", I just felt like there is a one little baby that does not wanna see any others' opinion about CLS and try to fold his eyes with childish defense on his car which nobody offended. now I just feel like baby is calling me as "children" look, before you call someone as "children" behave like an adult.

I would like to say first, I never said K4 is better or worse car than the 63. from the beginning, I kept say, I "THINK" there is better chance for 63 to keep up with m6 in higher speed. do you have an ability to read english? it was just an opinion. plus, since you posted me all kinds of good specs and belief on K4, I just wanted to see the track record and as soon as I understand, I won't deny it. the fact is that you never showed me anything, therefore there was nothing to accept or deny. i'm telling you...engine spec is great...but many civics have them as well.

P.S. Oh, by the way, it was really a good sentence. and I think i'll give it back to you. "denial is not just that thick fog you're wading in" (mrademacher). [I even gave you a credit for what you wrote! so feel better!]
This is some of the worst writing I've ever come across. Anyway, I've driven an E63 (which is faster than a CLS63), CLS55 K4, and of course my own M5. Your assumption that a 63 is better at high speeds than a K4 is entirely incorrect. The 63's are great NA cars but the claim that they shine above 100mph is not all its cracked up to be. The 7 speed is geared entirely incorrectly for highway blasts, the 2 extra gears are built for fuel economy, FACT. Out of the 3 cars I referenced the K4 is by far and away the fastest at ANY SPEED. even heatsoaked it puts out more power than the M5 or any 63. Its overwhelming 140 horsepower advantage ignores any drawbacks the 5 speed auto may hand it. If you want to talk drags, you can plainly see that STOCK and slightly modified M5's/M6's are handing out gigantic ***-whoopings to 63's.

Besides all of this talk, which I think is pretty immature, squabbling about a half of a carlength on what is essentially a luxury car, you should probably have bought a race car if what you care about is speed. I wouldn't take my M5 to a track, it's not a track car. Neither is an AMG. These cars are fat, full of leather and metal and safety equipment, stereos and whatnot.

Last edited by Cylinder Head; 03-13-2007 at 10:48 AM.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Smile

Originally Posted by CLS63AMGGUY
For my sake...I hope you are right...Mine is (was) quick...even with the problems...but once the new one arrives (should have it by 3/19 at the latest) I hope that it is even stronger! Especially from 50-120.
Good point man , sorry if I am so defensive..I just think the cars are close but that is only in performance LOOKS WISE...THE CLS is so much sexier, great lines and simply a head twister. M6 is the best looking new BMW. Course I think th 08 is looking much better saw a 328 that was super slick. Ok Once again no disrespect to your run but I bet you your new car once broken in will shine from 70-130and if you get a chance do this run again. I suppose the M6 begins its assault on you after 130. I agree to the fact the M6 is faster but it will not walk away at 70, 80 or 100, it is after the 130 mark I think the 63 may lose some ground and that is only in a straight line and only if the car is not in a kickdown mode. GOOD LUCK with the NEW ride
Old 03-13-2007, 11:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
[QUOTE=Cylinder Head;2074175]This is some of the worst writing I've ever come across. Anyway, I've driven an E63 (which is faster than a CLS63), CLS55 K4, and of course my own M5. Your assumption that a 63 is better at high speeds than a K4 is entirely incorrect. The 63's are great NA cars but the claim that they shine above 100mph is not all its cracked up to be. The 7 speed is geared entirely incorrectly for highway blasts, the 2 extra gears are built for fuel economy, FACT. Out of the 3 cars I referenced the K4 is by far and away the fastest at ANY SPEED. even heatsoaked it puts out more power than the M5 or any 63. Its overwhelming 140 horsepower advantage ignores any drawbacks the 5 speed auto may hand it. If you want to talk drags, you can plainly see that STOCK and slightly modified M5's/M6's are handing out gigantic ***-whoopings to 63's.

Besides all of this talk, which I think is pretty immature, squabbling about a half of a carlength on what is essentially a luxury car, you should probably have bought a race car if what you care about is speed. I wouldn't take my M5 to a track, it's not a track car. Neither is an AMG. These cars are fat, full of leather and metal and safety equipment, stereos and whatnot.

The sampling of 63's at the track are few and far between. When you say "*** whoopings at the drag" what does that infer? 0-60? There are a handful of runs compiled here maybe you could count them on ONE HAND. In the real world and on the track MY 63 has not been passed once by any of the cars you referenced?(well actually a 55 took me on the straight) but we caught him. We got munched by a 800 hp Maxima and a heavily modded 325, but a stock M5 and Stock M6 whooped no ssuch *** here in So Cal, they were plenty fast, and strong on the track but "*** whoopings" please let me know the glorious details. My 63 doe 0-60 4 seconds all day long and I will record timeslips in 1/4 on the 14th, and yes the two extra gears do not do much for speed, but 100-140 is still strong just stay outta 6th an 7th LOL. You make some great points, and I agree there is not much to talk about on a car legnth, this is my point tyhe cars are close. Then Bam in the next line you claim the 63 gets its *** end handed to it on the track? Which is not what many 55 owners and bmw owners witnessed when my car ran , yes it is 100% stock. For the record I s u c k as a driver. I make the CLS look s l o w and I kept up with the M5 and M6, and yes the driuvers of these cars were also NOVICE.. Bottom line the CLS was easy on the eyes and easier to get around the track for the Novice driver "*** whooping"
Old 03-13-2007, 11:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

For the record I s u c k as a driver. I make the CLS look s l o w and I kept up with the M5 and M6, and yes the driuvers of these cars were also NOVICE.. Bottom line the CLS was easy on the eyes and easier to get around the track for the Novice driver "*** whooping"

Your own final point here is your undoing. An autistic child can make an AMG accelerate consistently. You mash the pedal, you keep your hands on the wheel, done. It takes a great driver to wring out every ounce of performance from an M5/M6. There is a huge difference between shifting manually and letting an autobox handle things for you. If I short shift a single gear in the M5 my run is blown. If I bounce of the rev limiter my run is blown. M cars are drivers' cars, they take a lot of effort and a competent and skilled driver to get them to accelerate as well as possible.

Aside from that, I hardly consider a compilation of over 20 runs a "handful". Playing with your well-heeled Hollywood buddies is one thing, telling us what you "will" do at a track is another, and trying to ignore raw data enumerating over 21 runs on Dragtimes.com is just silly. I invite you to prove me wrong, and post your timeslip on Dragtimes.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
Your own final point here is your undoing. An autistic child can make an AMG accelerate consistently. You mash the pedal, you keep your hands on the wheel, done. It takes a great driver to wring out every ounce of performance from an M5/M6. There is a huge difference between shifting manually and letting an autobox handle things for you. If I short shift a single gear in the M5 my run is blown. If I bounce of the rev limiter my run is blown. M cars are drivers' cars, they take a lot of effort and a competent and skilled driver to get them to accelerate as well as possible.

Aside from that, I hardly consider a compilation of over 20 runs a "handful". Playing with your well-heeled Hollywood buddies is one thing, telling us what you "will" do at a track is another, and trying to ignore raw data enumerating over 21 runs on Dragtimes.com is just silly. I invite you to prove me wrong, and post your timeslip on Dragtimes.
21 runs? You call that a good sampling. How many runs timeslips for the 55? for the Z06? This cars has been out a few months? Your initial sentence is a slap in the face of all AMG drivers , dude a track is not a straight line and it takes YEARS and YEARS of training in any car to become a skillful and safe track performer. We have a different opinion for sure 21 runs hardly is something to hang your hat on. But to entertain you I will look at your 21 total nationwide times in varying conditions and report back. Raw data please.. Bring it to the street son, or a track and we shall see "raw data".
Old 03-13-2007, 12:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
WHere on earth do you see 21 runs? I did a compare and the two cars combined have 8 posted times on www.dragtimes.com

THE CLS 63 has 2 ******* runs posted. Yes going from this the M6 wins easily in the 1/4 . However the best time shows NO SCANNED TIMESLIP.. Throw it out and the next best car (M6) has upgrades and would be slightly to moderately MODDED..The CLS is STOCK. Please point me to your 21 runs in the 63? The next bevy of #s seem to be more in line and point to closer 1/4 mile times. Course I was referencin a RACE around a track not a drag race, and in a drag race on the streets the M^ is the car that is getting roasted daily here in LA.. Just so happens we have a TON of AMG's and BMW's here so to find a real street race is very ez. Have you ever even raced a 63 head to head and recorded the result? Thanks in Advance

Old 03-13-2007, 12:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

21 runs? You call that a good sampling. How many runs timeslips for the 55? for the Z06? This cars has been out a few months? Your initial sentence is a slap in the face of all AMG drivers , dude a track is not a straight line and it takes YEARS and YEARS of training in any car to become a skillful and safe track performer. We have a different opinion for sure 21 runs hardly is something to hang your hat on. But to entertain you I will look at your 21 total nationwide times in varying conditions and report back. Raw data please.. Bring it to the street son, or a track and we shall see "raw data".
I think you're interpreting this how you want to. I'm referring to drag racing, not zipping around Laguna Seca. We were talking about ACCELERATION, you now want to steer this into a discussion about apexing corners and the proper way to handle a sweeper. DRAGTIMES is just that, DRAGTIMES. The numbers posted up there are THE DATA. "Come to the street son" is a bit of a ridiculous challenge, don't degrade this into highschool BS.

Saying my statement is a slap in the face is just ignorant, read it again, and again, and make sure you go ahead and underline the word "ACCELERATE"
Old 03-13-2007, 12:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030

Ok I see you compared the MODDED M5 and M6 times and threw in a clk 63, which threw down some pretty good times. For some ODD reason I thought we were talking CLS 63? Funny there is not even ONE timeslip for an 030 car. You are basing your opinions on your dragtimes link? So the 21 runs you reference are all inclusive of the TWO total runs accomplished by the CLS 63? I remind you and everyone else we are in the W219 section of this forum specifically comparing an M6 to a CLS 63. Ok thanks
Old 03-13-2007, 12:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
I think you're interpreting this how you want to. I'm referring to drag racing, not zipping around Laguna Seca. We were talking about ACCELERATION, you now want to steer this into a discussion about apexing corners and the proper way to handle a sweeper. DRAGTIMES is just that, DRAGTIMES. The numbers posted up there are THE DATA. "Come to the street son" is a bit of a ridiculous challenge, don't degrade this into highschool BS.

Saying my statement is a slap in the face is just ignorant, read it again, and again, and make sure you go ahead and underline the word "ACCELERATE"

The first post in this thread is confusing and contradictory. You claimed your M5 and M6 would whoop the *** of a 63. Then you point to dragtimes dot com..This 2 me is ridiculous. Why would you not want to go to a track and see what happens? I do not think your conclusions on the 63 are accurate sorry. So lets talk straight line? In your opinion at what point in the race does the M5 M6 walk away from the 63?
Old 03-13-2007, 12:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
[QUOTE=Cylinder Head;2074342]Your own final point here is your undoing. An autistic child can make an AMG accelerate consistently. You mash the pedal, you keep your hands on the wheel, done. It takes a great driver to wring out every ounce of performance from an M5/M6. There is a huge difference between shifting manually and letting an autobox handle things for you. If I short shift a single gear in the M5 my run is blown. If I bounce of the rev limiter my run is blown. M cars are drivers' cars, they take a lot of effort and a competent and skilled driver to get them to accelerate as well as possible.

Aside from that, I hardly consider a compilation of over 20 runs a "handful". Playing with your well-heeled Hollywood buddies is one thing, telling us what you "will" do at a track is another, and trying to ignore raw data enumerating over 21 runs on Dragtimes.com is just silly. I invite you to prove me wrong, and post your timeslip on Dragtimes

Have you actually lined up at the drag strip in NJ against a CLS 63 and destroyed it?
Old 03-13-2007, 12:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030

You compared AMG drivers to "Autistic Children" and you do not think this as a "slap in the face", You infer that driving a BMW requires more skill? Your car is more difficult to shift, so what AMG are very difficult to control traction wise so once again it would take more than an "Autistic Child" your example, to drive our cars. 507 is not as easy to mash around as you infer. So yeah it was a slap to me.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
06 E55 Black
You compared AMG drivers to "Autistic Children" and you do not think this as a "slap in the face", You infer that driving a BMW requires more skill? Your car is more difficult to shift, so what AMG are very difficult to control traction wise so once again it would take more than an "Autistic Child" your example, to drive our cars. 507 is not as easy to mash around as you infer. So yeah it was a slap to me.
Two misuses of the word "infer" is two too many. I refer you to Fowler's.

Repeat after me, "I infer, you imply"

Have a nice day
Old 03-13-2007, 12:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Man, 4 posts, look at how wound up you are. I don't even know how to respond. Your language is twisted and mislead, you attempt to twist my words and replace them to suit your own interests. First of all I didn't "compare" anything to an autistic child, I stated that one could accelerate in an NA, automatic car with no issue. If you took this to heart, maybe you should have a self esteem check.

Second of all, if you'd actually taken the time to read both my post and the dragtimes link, you'd see that most of the M5's in the top ten there were BONE STOCK, so you're entirely wrong on that account.

The first post on this thread is not misleading. He states something that I find to be agreeable. The low end torque helps the 63 to a slight advantage early on, from there the gearing advantage of the M6 takes over. Fine.

Also, I've previously said that I don't take my M5 to the track, it's a daily driver, I don't get a hardon about subjugating other cars in it, that's what my Supra's for. You said you "will" post some times, I said I have no intention, therefore your challenge to me falls on deaf ears. You yourself just complained about the lack of representation of 63's on Dragtimes, so go "take it to the streets son"

You apparently take this **** way too personally, and way too seriously, and you're willing to look desperate in order to defend your purchase. Go take some advil and a long walk.

Last edited by Cylinder Head; 03-13-2007 at 01:03 PM.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by regor60
Two misuses of the word "infer" is two too many. I refer you to Fowler's.

Repeat after me, "I infer, you imply"

Have a nice day
Incorrect To conclude from evidence or premises.
To reason from circumstance; surmise: We can infer that his motive in publishing the diary was less than honorable.
To lead to as a consequence or conclusion: “Socrates argued that a statue inferred the existence of a sculptor” (Academy).
To hint; imply.
v.intr.

Way to add to the discussion? He inferred forom the track times data, JACK
Old 03-13-2007, 01:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Man, 4 posts, look at how wound up you are. I don't even know how to respond. Your language is twisted and mislead, you attempt to twist my words and replace them to suit your own interests. First of all I didn't "compare" anything to an autistic child, I stated that one could accelerate in an NA, automatic car with no issue. If you took this to heart, maybe you should have a self esteem check.

Second of all, if you'd actually taken the time to read both my post and the dragtimes link, you'd see that most of the M5's in the top ten there were BONE STOCK, so you're entirely wrong on that account.

The first post on this thread is not misleading. He states something that I find to be agreeable. The low end torque helps the 63 to a slight advantage early on, from there the gearing advantage of the M6 takes over. Fine.

Also, I've previously said that I don't take my M5 to the track, it's a daily driver, I don't get a hardon about subjugating other cars in it, that's what my Supra's for. You said you "will" post some times, I said I have no intention, therefore your challenge to me falls on deaf ears. You yourself just complained about the lack of representation of 63's on Dragtimes, so go "take it to the streets son"

You apparently take this **** way too personally, and way too seriously, and you're willing to look desperate in order to defend your purchase. Go take some advil and a long walk.
Jeez I was having fun, sorry you are upset . My car is faster than yours LOL. I do not need to defend my purchase I have owned 20 some odd BMW's and the CLS is fine and IMO better than any of the current BMW models sorry. And for a daily driver the CLS is so much better than the M5 IMO. The Supra is SIK
Old 03-13-2007, 01:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Glad we could resolve that, now let's "Hug it out b!tch!!"
Old 03-13-2007, 01:41 PM

CLS55 AMG
well finally someone is talking some sense... As an m3 owner i completely agree that any run depends on a multitude of factors which do not apply to the AMGs in question. I found that consistent runs required soo much tinkering with optimal start and shift points, that in many cases making a single mistake (e.g. upshifting too early) would compromise any run.

When i bought my car i seriously considered the M5 and M6 (send me a pm if you want a link to my driving experiences and some pics), and found that i simply wasnt able to extract the maximum performance from this car... not in the straights, and definitely not in the bends.

There was never a doubt in my mind that the M5 and M6 were quicker than the CLS55 and CLS63, but given my level of ability i can consistently get better results from the cls55.... As for the CLS55 and CLS63, there have been a number of tests, including Mercedes Enthusiast Magazine which have concluded that the CLS55 is quicker 0-100mph by roughly quarter of a second, and slower from 0-150mph by the same measure.

On a final note, i have been in a CLS55k coverted by wetterauer (a german tuner) to around 598bhp/950nm... Its their sports2package. And there is NO chance whatsoever that any ///M, be it 5 or 6 can take it in the straights
Old 03-13-2007, 01:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Glad we could resolve that, now let's "Hug it out b!tch!!"

LOL, seriously your M5 is a fantastic ride and I just happen at this stage in my old age like the style and interior of mbz a little more. My 540 wagon was insane and my 745 was incredibly comfy. My alltime fav was the 633CSI(1986) that was a beautiful car. Once again sorry if I offended you in any way , shape or form, that was not my intention. Have a great Day, the take it to the streets son was just a line out of a rap..LOL hold me...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: M6 vs CLS63 story/comparisons