Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 08:24 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
My new beast :D

Well actually I have had it for nearly two weeks now but couldn’t drive it because i was away and because it didn’t have its plates!
CLS55 06 with 1300 km
I swear it was torture just looking at it and not been able to drive it...well I did take a little spin but shhh no one knows ;p.

Any way the car has reached 1500km and it says your allowed to push it now but gradually... Well I have pushed it over 7000rps a few times, couldn’t resist due to a few reasons:

1. It was a rainy day (which is rare in Kuwait) so had to see what it did! Lost traction on second or third gear X).

2. I saw this squawky clean Bentley continental GT in red with xenon lights on at midday at the stop lights. I pull up to him really slowly for him to see what what car was next to him. He then slowly larches forward, closing his windows as they were open. Light hits green we wait a bit then it’s on! Passed him by 4 cars I think then we hit a big bend and traffic. (strangely car didn’t feel very fast but passed him I guess)

3. Car on motor way flashing me and wanting to overtake.... didn’t happen

4.and lastly on the way home at 4am I see a motor bike flashing me on the high way comes next to me then speeds off then slows down. I come next to it he floors it and I play catch up, was at 120kmp then passed him with ease then I felt the car lose power! I was like then I realised 260kpm speed limiter!!! I have only hit that once in my life in an s430 1992 and it was like something that took time and made you wet your pants with fear!

Now I know the mentioned above does not sound like easy breaking in but do you think I have done any harm one of the techies at our MB over hear said drive like your in a car chase, its fine.

Car has been waxed now and thinking of applying protection extra layer on the front to protect from stone chips and splattered bugs. Also thinking of applying heat shield layer on windows to keep it cool n reflect death heat rays

All I want to say now is mashaelah (Arabic word)
Old 03-31-2007, 08:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by Zod
Well actually I have had it for nearly two weeks now but couldn’t drive it because i was away and because it didn’t have its plates!
CLS55 06 with 1300 km
I swear it was torture just looking at it and not been able to drive it...well I did take a little spin but shhh no one knows ;p.

Any way the car has reached 1500km and it says your allowed to push it now but gradually... Well I have pushed it over 7000rps a few times, couldn’t resist due to a few reasons:

1. It was a rainy day (which is rare in Kuwait) so had to see what it did! Lost traction on second or third gear X).

2. I saw this squawky clean Bentley continental GT in red with xenon lights on at midday at the stop lights. I pull up to him really slowly for him to see what what car was next to him. He then slowly larches forward, closing his windows as they were open. Light hits green we wait a bit then it’s on! Passed him by 4 cars I think then we hit a big bend and traffic. (strangely car didn’t feel very fast but passed him I guess)

4.and lastly on the way home at 4am I see a motor bike flashing me on the high way comes next to me then speeds off then slows down. I come next to it he floors it and I play catch up, was at 120kmp then passed him with ease then I felt the car lose power! I was like then I realised 260kpm speed limiter!!! I have only hit that once in my life in an s430 1992 and it was like something that took time and made you wet your pants with fear!

Now I know the mentioned above does not sound like easy breaking in but do you think I have done any harm one of the techies at our MB over hear said drive like your in a car chase, its fine.

Car has been waxed now and thinking of applying protection extra layer on the front to protect from stone chips and splattered bugs. Also thinking of applying heat shield layer on windows to keep it cool n reflect death heat rays

Make sure you film some of the encounters in your new B E A S T.. Sounds like you are gonna have some real fun in this car. Any pics yet?
Old 04-01-2007, 05:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OO7 CLS63///G55TANK ///S80-T6///R1///R6
Originally Posted by Zod
CLS55 06 with 1300 km

ALF MABROUK YA NEGM
Old 04-01-2007, 07:50 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Originally Posted by SAMSSONZ
ALF MABROUK YA NEGM
meshkowr
Old 04-01-2007, 08:15 AM
Almost a Member!

Blue 06 CLS55
3al barakah ;p ay loan sayartik?
Old 04-01-2007, 09:19 AM

Sounds like you are having fun. Congrats on your new car. I would say its time to REALLY break her in.
Old 04-01-2007, 11:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 RRS ; BMW K1200R; 14 E350 ; 14 RRS on order
Mabrook bro
Don't follow any breakin instructions, drive it like you stole it.
And believe me you've done no damagae.
Old 04-01-2007, 05:15 PM
Almost a Member!

Blue 06 CLS55
Originally Posted by trezaei
Mabrook bro
i did that from the very first day ;p
Old 04-01-2007, 05:28 PM
Banned

'05 C55(sold)'05 E55(sold)'06 911C4S(sold)'06 ML350 '06 CLS55(sold),buncha slo bikes
Mabrook bro
This has to be the MOST debated topic on all of the car/bike forums....Everybody has their own method/preferred procedure for break-in on a new engine.

Personally,I like to heat cycle the engine at least a half a dozen times to make sure the rings are seated properly and all the nice new,expensive engine internals have a chance to meet properly&get to know eachother well.

I've also performed new engine break-in on a dyno(race bike's)because it's just not feasible to run the engine on the street.Again,a few heat cycle's to get everything a chance to mate properly.

With my E55,I followed the 1000mi procedure,but did vary the rpm constantly&never lugged the engine.After 1000 mi I changed the oil&filter.This was done more for my own personal peace of mind,and chances are it may have been overkill but it certainly didnt hurt the motor.If anything,I just wasted a few gallons of Mobil 1.

I can say that the chances of you damaging anything are slim to none,remember,these engines are hand assembled&basically blueprinted from the factory.
Enjoy your new car&post up some pictures a.s.a.p.
Old 04-01-2007, 05:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by oldgixxer
This has to be the MOST debated topic on all of the car/bike forums....Everybody has their own method/preferred procedure for break-in on a new engine.

Personally,I like to heat cycle the engine at least a half a dozen times to make sure the rings are seated properly and all the nice new,expensive engine internals have a chance to meet properly&get to know eachother well.

I've also performed new engine break-in on a dyno(race bike's)because it's just not feasible to run the engine on the street.Again,a few heat cycle's to get everything a chance to mate properly.

With my E55,I followed the 1000mi procedure,but did vary the rpm constantly&never lugged the engine.After 1000 mi I changed the oil&filter.This was done more for my own personal peace of mind,and chances are it may have been overkill but it certainly didnt hurt the motor.If anything,I just wasted a few gallons of Mobil 1.

I can say that the chances of you damaging anything are slim to none,remember,these engines are hand assembled&basically blueprinted from the factory.
Enjoy your new car&post up some pictures a.s.a.p.
Aren't the AMG engines broken in already?
Old 04-01-2007, 07:17 PM
Banned

'05 C55(sold)'05 E55(sold)'06 911C4S(sold)'06 ML350 '06 CLS55(sold),buncha slo bikes
You mean at the factory??I've never heard of a new car already being broken in before in gets shipped from the manufacturer.
I'm sure they run them to make sure all is well,but dont break em in.
If so,then why would they put a "run-in procedure" sticker on the upper left side of the windshield detailing their recommended break-in process?
Old 04-01-2007, 08:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You mean at the factory??I've never heard of a new car already being broken in before in gets shipped from the manufacturer.
If so,then why would they put a "run-in procedure" sticker on the upper left side of the windshield detailing their recommended break-in process?
The run-in sticker is only on the 63 cars and only because of the transmission.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:50 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Originally Posted by CLS55-AMG
3al barakah ;p ay loan sayartik?
obsidion black i think is the name

realy loving it and this forum so hapy i made the choice to get it. will try and post pics soon
thanks for the support u guys r
Old 04-02-2007, 03:55 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
I was very confused as some people said break it in properly; others said drive it like you stole it.
As i mentioned above the MB tech here said its already tested to hell at the factory before its released... I recall some where here on the forum that the break in was for rear axe and other funny things I am not sure what they were

Any way now to think accessories
Old 04-02-2007, 09:32 AM
Almost a Member!

Blue 06 CLS55
Originally Posted by Zod
obsidion black i think is the name

realy loving it and this forum so hapy i made the choice to get it. will try and post pics soon
thanks for the support u guys r
nice ;p.. c u in the streets
Old 04-02-2007, 07:53 PM
Banned

The run-in sticker is only on the 63 cars and only because of the transmission.
That is incorrect.My C55 had that sticker,my E55 had it&I just removed that sticker from the window of my CLS55.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:19 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
nice ;p.. c u in the streets
you live in Kuwait ?
Old 04-03-2007, 06:20 AM

cls 55 amg, clk 320
alf mabrouk.

im pretty sure that the rear axle oil has to be changed after 1000 kms approx.

however, breaking the car in properly imo depends on how long you intend on keeping it for. if you are planning on keeping it for sometim-e i'd recommend that you break in properly.

I was speaking with an mb engineer who mentioned that the kompressor engined mercs could gain around 3% more power if broken in properly. However im not 100% sure about the validity of this statment.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:33 PM
Almost a Member!

Blue 06 CLS55
Originally Posted by Zod
you live in Kuwait ?
yup :p am Kuwaiti
Old 04-03-2007, 11:18 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 260 Likes on 186 Posts