what the hell!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 03:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
G63 AMG, SL65 AMG, CLS550, S550, Tesla Model S Performance, Challenger SRT8
Originally Posted by Chucky300
uh.... ur gonna take ur car to a tuner to "twick" your interior..... that means after spending $90,000 on a "wrong car" - you would resort to spending another $10K to change the "factory" status of your car...... reducing the value by . ohhhh... 40%......

I call Fraud here...... this dude is a poser.......
Mercedes would NOT make a Designo car without doing the inside. They are not preschool. They may have terrible delivery dates and pushbacks..... but they arent going to go to do a car half way.
You are definatly right. Mercedes would not deliver a car that is not completed correctly.

This guy is
Old 04-09-2007, 02:14 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1999 C280 Previous / 2008 E350
I guess he never came back with pictures
Old 04-09-2007, 03:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Hmmmm...After reading this I sure hope English is his 2nd language, as well as yarn spinning
Old 04-09-2007, 03:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
CLS 55
Why are you guys so quick to call BS on someone? Makes no sense to me to respond with such negative feedback makes you guys look like trolls

Obviously something changed with Mercedes from 2006 CLS 55 to the 2007 CLS 63, if its Designo maybe its only specific to that year.
I'm sorry to hear your interior is not what you ordered. Only thing I would do would be look for a nice used 55 with the Designo interior.
Old 04-09-2007, 12:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bentley Flying Spur, CL550
Originally Posted by Kevin M.
Why are you guys so quick to call BS on someone? Makes no sense to me to respond with such negative feedback makes you guys look like trolls

Obviously something changed with Mercedes from 2006 CLS 55 to the 2007 CLS 63, if its Designo maybe its only specific to that year.
I'm sorry to hear your interior is not what you ordered. Only thing I would do would be look for a nice used 55 with the Designo interior.
Well, we do because MOST 'poser posts' have a couple 'common denominators'(at least to me). Some are:

1) Terrible Grammar
2) Statments made that make ABSOLUTELY no sense
3) VERY recent join dates and low post numbers
4) Getting overly defensive about being called a poser
5) Never returning to clear their name

IMO the people that can afford to buy and drive these cars belong to a certain class of individuals; you won't see a kid get off from his job at McDonalds and take off in a 06 CLS55 designo Graphite Edition . And these people can put together sentences(at least so we can understand them for the most part), don't make retarded statements regarding the dealerships responses to their 100k+ car, and don't get too defensive about being called a poser. They usually post a " guys I'm not a poser, here's the evidence" type post.

Thank you for joining us in today's session of "How to detect a poser 101"
Old 04-09-2007, 12:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
06 CLS55 w/ P030, 05 Jag S Type R, 05 TBird-68 Dodge Charger R/T-440 w/4speed I'm original owner
Make sure your window sticker lists the designo series. check out the MB site at:
http://www.mbusa.com/byo/frameset.js...ingModel=CLS63

Some of the text with the order info for the designo series (Hopefully this helps)...............

Ordering designo Porcelain Nappa Leather
Black Piano Lacquer Wood

2007 Packages
designo Graphite Edition
Beneath a rich designo Graphite Metallic exterior, you'll find a tasteful blend of textures.

Take in the luxury of designo Porcelain Nappa leather applied by hand throughout the cabin and enjoy the look of Black Piano Lacquer wood trimming the doors, console, steering wheel (except CLS63), shift knob, and beyond for added visual flavor.

Exclusive designo floor mats are edged in black leather.

designo Mystic White Edition details $6,900

· designo Mystic White multistage paint
· designo Cashmere Beige Nappa leather upholstery
· designo Natural Oak matte wood trim
· Wood/leather steering wheel and assist handles
Old 04-09-2007, 10:10 PM
Almost a Member!

wow... amazing people...

just can't wait till I post some pix huh? yes, I am from korea (as i mentioned in other posts) and english is my second language. and Probably, I am a kid compare to you, but not outa Mcdonalds (I am 20). I do not know how this forum goes, but only few seem to have respect to others...I asked you guys to wait till i go back to that dealer to take pix... here I asked the dealer and he sent me the option list of the car. he said he will take pix and send me as soon as possible. anyway, this is the option list that I and dealer saw when I ordered this car, but I double checked with him about interior. and he said every one of designo should come with same interior and other cars that he pulled up on his computer says charcoal interior too. anyway, he made few calls before I ordered it and he confirmed that designo graphite only comes with two tone interior. anyway, people, before you start to talk **** about someone, please understand... why would I lie about the car that I ordered? so weird... you guys are pretty disrespectful . anyway I guess some of you guys owe me appologies. and thanks to
fstblckpresiden S.S. ASSASSIN Kev04C320 Kevin.M M berman for trying to help me out . others, please learn something out of this lesson.
Plus, reason why I didn't want to give Chucky300 my dealer's number is that I respect my dealer's privacy. that's all. I don't think this forum is being helpful (because of some dumb F@cks) anyway, I proved myself and I'll just disregard my membership.
Attached Thumbnails what the hell!!!!!!!-img003.jpg  

Last edited by kjs8506; 04-10-2007 at 12:46 AM.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
Someone needs to say sorry to this guy. I have posted it before" why is there so much anger on this forum? Love these cars
Old 04-10-2007, 12:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS 55
Originally Posted by rarfinancial
Someone needs to say sorry to this guy. I have posted it before" why is there so much anger on this forum? Love these cars

I agree, I'm embarrassed by the response's, maybe some people should go troll there way back the S class board.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by rarfinancial
Yeah. Sorry dude! Hope everything works out..
Old 04-10-2007, 01:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 RRS ; BMW K1200R; 14 E350 ; 14 RRS on order
I agree, I'm embarrassed by the response's, maybe some people should go troll there way back the S class board.
+1
Everyone has grown so cynical due to liars. I got all flamed when I retold the story of how I put three car lengths between me and a veyron in my van from dead stop, no one bothered to ask if the veyron was parked or moving.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 CLS55 w/ P030, 05 Jag S Type R, 05 TBird-68 Dodge Charger R/T-440 w/4speed I'm original owner
Noticed that your dealer order states "High Gloss Laurel Wood"-Thought the designo Graphit has the black piano finish dash!

Just my thought on your on going saga.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by m_berman
Noticed that your dealer order states "High Gloss Laurel Wood"-Thought the designo Graphit has the black piano finish dash!

Just my thought on your on going saga.
Im so confused haha..
Old 04-10-2007, 10:20 AM

CLS55
+1 for kevin M
Old 04-10-2007, 10:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts
2019 G550. 2018 AMG GT roadster
Sorry from one of the members.

That being said, I have seen some legit folks and some really GOOD liars since joining. Remember NOTKTS? He emailed me photos that were supposed to be his car, house boat and even gf. The wifee and I were going to meet them for a drink one evening in SoBe before he disappeared after being owned. Unfortunately folks like him and the ever evasive clayj have made us all skeptical about folks on this forum. End of rant......

I hope you get all this straightened out with your car.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
At Manhattan motorcars the salesman was telling me a story about how somebody ordered a Murcielago with a custom interior. The drivers seat was ventilated (or something) and had different color stitching. The passenger seat wasn't ventilated and didn't have the stitching. He told me they pulled it off by telling the buyer that Lamborghini did it on purpose because the driver needs the special seats while the passenger doesn't lol. But yes, manufacturers do make mistakes. I was suprised when I heard that happened in a $300,000 car. So if it happened in a CLS I wouldn't be shocked.

If it was not a mistake and that is the new standard, then Designo makes no sense.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 378 Likes on 244 Posts
'22 Alpina B7,'21 G63 Renntech obviously (wife), Wrangler(kids)
Mercedes makes mistakes too.
I remember one of early '03 CL55s that did not have heated seats (standard equipment),my '03 CL600 came with 265 size tires (sticker listed them as 275),and many other mistakes.
My wife's Spur that was ordered with Mulliner pkge came (after waiting 8 months)with no cooling seats . (again,standard feature on all Bentley FSs)
Old 04-10-2007, 12:39 PM

If you are referring to me, I don't have to own a CLS to comment on a possible poser. Plus, I never called this dude a poser. You asked a question, and I answered it.

In yesterday's session of "How to detect a poser 101" we just discussed common similarities that most 'poser posts' have. If you noticed, #5 says: Never returning to clear their name. He returned to clear his name, so he's not a poser

I must say though, this dude is wierd. Before he edited his post i saw how he actually thanked a person for backing him up when this person actually called BS on him. Another wierd thing is why would anybody, after a HUGE screw up by the dealer, want to pay money out of their own pocket to fix what the dealer was supposed to do anyway.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 RRS ; BMW K1200R; 14 E350 ; 14 RRS on order
Originally Posted by SteveFox
. Another wierd thing is why would anybody, after a HUGE screw up by the dealer, want to pay money out of their own pocket to fix what the dealer was supposed to do anyway.
Dude! At least read the guy's post before you just ramble on like that. He did say that due to the mistake the dealer would possibly be willing to discount the car to make it worthwhile. What exactly do you think is the motive for him to lie? It's not a damn kill story or anything.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by TREZ63
Dude! At least read the guy's post before you just ramble on like that. He did say that due to the mistake the dealer would possibly be willing to discount the car to make it worthwhile. What exactly do you think is the motive for him to lie? It's not a damn kill story or anything.
Honestly, I didn't even see that sentence in his post. Okay im gonna go ahead and

However, as far as motive, I wouldn't have a clue as to why posers come on here and waste our time with questions and comments about cars they don't own that they claim to. I don't think anyone thinks about motive.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:48 PM
JLP

06 E-55-95-F355S- 99 Porsche 911 C2 w mods
No kidding........what the hell is wrong with some of these idiots!
Old 04-10-2007, 02:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS 55
Originally Posted by SteveFox
If you are referring to me, I don't have to own a CLS to comment on a possible poser. Plus, I never called this dude a poser.
Im not referring to you, his name rhymes with Upchucky
Old 04-10-2007, 03:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Dealers can make mistakes !!!

Sorry to hear the dealership messed-up your order. I ordered a new car as well, and I'm going to call them once a week to VERIFY correct specs.

Dealers can DEFINATELY make mistakes. A local dealer here made a mistake on my friend's dad's CL500 (2003 model). His car was supposed to come from the factory as Designo Graphite interior and exterior, but when he got the car, it was only designo graphite exterior. I would NOT buy from a dealer ever again if after waiting 2 or 3 months, I find out there is a mistake with my order

By the way, the E63 designo Graphite edition has designo Graphite interior not black leather. I was just at Mercedes Benz of Valencia last weekend and saw one there. That car looks so UNIQUE from every angle...
Old 04-20-2007, 04:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Smile A Lesson Learned...

I must say, since I have joined here I have had some of the following:

1. Good Information.
2. Good discussions.
3. Good suggestions.

Unfortunately I have seen these behaviors:

1. Arrogant
2. Ignorant
3. Judgemental

In this case, the guy came here with a problem and looking for help. He was cut up, burnt up, and stabbed. JK. Some people here on this board need to lighten up. Mistakes happen. Mercedes is not perfect, and their ratings in quality control have not been on par for a few years now. (As reported by Consumer Reports, JDPower, etc.) I still love Mercedes though.

Anyways, sometime a benefit of the doubt needs to be lended first. I myself have gave a bad comment about a CLS having a cheap sound system put in, which turned out to be my misunderstanding of the post. One to grow on....