C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

In for the squeaks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 12:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 SL550, 2007 CLS63, 2004 X5
In for the squeaks

I broke down and finally took the CLS63 in yesterday for extremely annoying brake squeaks after 6,900 miles. I swear, I was getting dirty looks every time I applied the brakes at slow speeds. I think once I startled a dog that someone was walking, and the thing went bolting. The SA was cool, and said that he would take a look at it. By end of day yesterday, he said that he would replace the brake pads under warranty. Pretty cool, but I hope that works. Unless the brake composites are now different, I don't see how that will resolve the problem long term. Thoughts?
Old 07-31-2007, 01:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts
2019 G550. 2018 AMG GT roadster
Don't ne driving around any horses lol

Originally Posted by Ridege55
I broke down and finally took the CLS63 in yesterday for extremely annoying brake squeaks after 6,900 miles. I swear, I was getting dirty looks every time I applied the brakes at slow speeds. I think once I startled a dog that someone was walking, and the thing went bolting. The SA was cool, and said that he would take a look at it. By end of day yesterday, he said that he would replace the brake pads under warranty. Pretty cool, but I hope that works. Unless the brake composites are now different, I don't see how that will resolve the problem long term. Thoughts?
Mine have a fine squeek when initially applied but I think there are differences in the 55 v 63 brakes. I know that can be annoying. How close to the beach do you live? Could it be corrosion from the salt in the air?
Old 07-31-2007, 02:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 SL550, 2007 CLS63, 2004 X5
Originally Posted by traumadoc
Mine have a fine squeek when initially applied but I think there are differences in the 55 v 63 brakes. I know that can be annoying. How close to the beach do you live? Could it be corrosion from the salt in the air?
Doc,
I am about a half mile from the ocean, but the car remains garaged. I had an E55 before, and the brakes squealed, but not as bad as the 63 screamer.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 CLS55 AMG-all options sans Distronic; Carrera4S; 07 M5;Lexus GS300
NOT that it's a brake squeal (which my 55 also has, but it's liveable), but my steering assembly, suspension, something squeaks and creaks all the time. This is well documented here on this forum, but, as is archtypical of MB, "they've never heard of it before..gee, what could it be??" What a bunch of BS...the dealership and MB Montvale are allegedly looking in to it, but not a word of sagacity from them in a week. So what else is new?