‘23 EQS AMG
Originally Posted by Tipo815
Some pics from the same day ...
niiice, looks good!
Old 01-22-2008, 06:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 CLK BS
Originally Posted by joeybenz106
After you did your X pipe did you notice any loss of power or any gains? besides the sound
Hey Joey. To be honest with you ... I didn't notice a difference in power or sound and almost felt like it was a waste of $699 (installed)! However, it does appear (from the video) that the car has a throatier/meaner sound under hard acceleration.

The biggest bang for the buck is the "Sprint Booster" or speed controller unit that goes under the gas pedal. I think it's $299 on ebay. That thing makes a significant (seat of the pants) difference as it eliminates the lag on acceleration from the fly-by-wire system. That's definitely worth the money!
Old 01-22-2008, 06:48 PM

2007 cls 550
The sprint booster is comming friday for my car lol... there is a place selling them for a bit cheeper. i looked in to putting an x pipe in but if it only makes it louder to me its not worth it i want to see more power. i have the Eisenmann Race Exhaust. so that should be pretty loud i can hope.i will be putting some sound clips on here once it gets here.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:08 PM

Here is another fly by of the group http://socalspeedzone.com/pages/eltoro012008drag2.html
Old 01-22-2008, 09:58 PM
deloreandriven

That vid and those sounds make me feel like a fat kid in a candy shop!!!!!!!

thanx for the vid
Old 01-22-2008, 10:15 PM

2008 CLK BS
Originally Posted by scsz
Here is another fly by of the group http://socalspeedzone.com/pages/eltoro012008drag2.html
That was a bogus run since some of the cars wanted to do a "rolling start" instead of starting from a dead stop. The two cars on the far right (looking at the screen) are the Ferrari and the Noble which jumped on each other and took off ahead of the other three. The car on the far left is a new '08 Z06 which we know is a STRONG car and would have given the Ferrari alot of grief. It did give me grief in the CLS but it was not as far ahead as you might have expected. The 355 ... oh well ... it's an old car!
Old 01-22-2008, 10:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by Tipo815
That was a bogus run since some of the cars wanted to do a "rolling start" instead of starting from a dead stop. The two cars on the far right (looking at the screen) are the Ferrari and the Noble which jumped on each other and took off ahead of the other three. The car on the far left is a new '08 Z06 which we know is a STRONG car and would have given the Ferrari alot of grief. It did give me grief in the CLS but it was not as far ahead as you might have expected. The 355 ... oh well ... it's an old car!

do you think the 360 is not a good match for your cls or is it slow like some in this thread have suggested?

How do you think you would do against a 06-07 Gallardo? I do not see many exotics on the drag strip the couple guys I know hate me or are simply afraid, its likely just fear of losing to the whale...............poor exotics
Old 01-23-2008, 12:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 RRS ; BMW K1200R; 14 E350 ; 14 RRS on order
I don't want to read all the posts to find this out, but WHERE WAS THIS?!!!!

I really am jealous! that looks like sooooo much fun!!

Oh and how did you paint hold up to all that action?

Those were the best CLS vids so far on this site
Old 01-23-2008, 02:40 AM

2008 CLK BS
Originally Posted by juicee63
do you think the 360 is not a good match for your cls or is it slow like some in this thread have suggested?

How do you think you would do against a 06-07 Gallardo? I do not see many exotics on the drag strip the couple guys I know hate me or are simply afraid, its likely just fear of losing to the whale...............poor exotics
Good question. I happen to own three Ferraris as well including a Challenge Stradale which is what the red Ferrari was. In the first video my friend driving the Stradale said he got a bad start (which is possible since the car is fairly new to him). I saw him in my mirror and he was not closing in on me but he was also not falling back. I think the two cars are probably pretty evenly matched although the Stradale - in the hands of the right person - should be able to out accelerate the CLS. Either way I think it would be closer than most people would expect. The Gallardo would likely be a different story. It is more evenly matched against the F430 which is more powerful. I think the Gallardo would definitely beat the CLS63.
Old 01-23-2008, 02:42 AM

2008 CLK BS
Originally Posted by TREZ63
I don't want to read all the posts to find this out, but WHERE WAS THIS?!!!!

I really am jealous! that looks like sooooo much fun!!

Oh and how did you paint hold up to all that action?

Those were the best CLS vids so far on this site
It was at El Toro the past two weekends and unfortunately it was a closed event to record sound bites for the upcoming movie "SpeedRacer." I was invited to bring a few of my cars out to be recorded. The second weekend was supposed to be my F40 but Ferrari of Orange County did not complete the service in time. In between the recording sessions the production company allowed us to "play around" on the runway - some drag races, high speed fly bys, and my donuts! Alot of fun!

As for the car's paint I was expecting road rash/rock chips especially on the leading edges of the wheels wells but as far as I can tell (the car is still dirty) the paint looks almost unblemished. Hard to believe or a tribute to the paint thickness! I will let you know for sure after I've had a chance to wash it!