C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

CLS55 Lemon Pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 11:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
06 CLS55 w/ P030, 05 Jag S Type R, 05 TBird-68 Dodge Charger R/T-440 w/4speed I'm original owner
CLS55 Lemon Pics

Came across this as I was driving by the SoCal MB Dealer.

The Owner emailed me the link to his story:
http://www.amercedeslemon.com/myStory.html
Attached Thumbnails CLS55 Lemon Pics-clslemon.jpg   CLS55 Lemon Pics-clslemon1.jpg  

Last edited by m_berman; 01-29-2008 at 01:11 PM.
Old 01-29-2008, 11:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1973 Yugo
That sucks! I know, I had a lemon.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:56 PM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Damn! lol Talk about one pissed off customer. lol
Old 01-29-2008, 01:20 PM
Banned

06 SL55
$130,000 for a CLS?
Old 01-29-2008, 02:04 PM

06 CLS55 AMG-all options sans Distronic; Carrera4S; 07 M5;Lexus GS300
This REALLY sucks hard!!!!!!!! Horrible "customer relationship management" on the part of MB indeed. Hope this nightmare doesn't happen to anyone else, but sure feel extremely sorry for the owner of this Lemon.
Old 01-29-2008, 03:02 PM

not stock.
well, the car has a couple of mods... wheels, taillights... and god knows what else and if they do like they do it here in Miami, he got it like that from the dealer and paid a ridiculous amount of money on top of Sticker price for the mods...etc.

But that really sucks... talk about an unhappy customer!
Old 01-29-2008, 03:05 PM

2009 CL63 AMG,2006 CLS55 AMG, 2007 Denali
wow... 130 for a CLS55???? hahah he got RIPPED.. i payed a little more than half that for my CLS and its ROCK SOLID!!!(for now)
Old 01-29-2008, 04:27 PM

CLS55
Cool Not Really $130K for ticket price

This is my car ~ Thank you to another member for directing me here and putting up the web site where my story is ~ you guys are all terrific, wish I would have known about it 8 months ago. But no, I'm too busy working and paying for my two Mercedes Lemons at the moment. Yes, I also have a G55 that I bought and has now been in the shop 20+ times, but has not been in the shop as many as the CLS55 AMG, that is about 40+.
Sorry about the price, it (the$130K) is actually what it has cost me thusfar including (extras, lowjack, stereo upgrade, tint, tires as well as all the tows, repairs, yes they charged ME sometimes, all under warranty, the storage now going on 6 months @ $25 a day and the u-haul trailer rental comes to about $130K, not the ticket price. Thought I would clear that up and thank you all for the sympathy...now it's the beginning of the battle, or is it war?

Last edited by CLS55Lemon; 01-30-2008 at 01:54 PM.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:28 PM

CLS 55
It's pretty obvious that he has a lemon. Seems cut and dry. I don't understand why they haven't bought the car back already!
Old 01-29-2008, 04:29 PM

CLS 55
Originally Posted by CLS55Lemon
This is my car ~ Thank you to another member for directing me here and putting up the web site where my story is ~ you guys are all terrific, wish I would have known about it 8 months ago. But no, I'm too busy working and paying for my two Mercedes Lemons at the moment. Yes, I also have a C55 that I bought and has now been in the shop 20+ times, but has not been in the shop as many as the CLS55 AMG, that is about 40+.
Sorry about the price, it (the$130K) is actually what it has cost me thusfar including (extras, lowjack, stereo upgrade, tint, tires as well as all the tows, repairs, yes they charged ME sometimes, all under warranty, the storage now going on 6 months @ $25 a day and the u-haul trailer rental comes to about $130K, not the ticket price. Thought I would clear that up and thank you all for the sympathy...now it's the beginning of the battle, or is it war?

Why on EARTH did you buy another Mercedes after all the trouble???
Old 01-29-2008, 04:38 PM

Mercedes C200cdi
Nasty! I remember an Audi costumer did the same thing with his car! He owned an A8! Sorry for the guy!
Old 01-29-2008, 05:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
This is my car ~ Thank you to another member for directing me here and putting up the web site where my story is ~ you guys are all terrific, wish I would have known about it 8 months ago. But no, I'm too busy working and paying for my two Mercedes Lemons at the moment. Yes, I also have a C55 that I bought and has now been in the shop 20+ times, but has not been in the shop as many as the CLS55 AMG, that is about 40+.
Good luck
Old 01-29-2008, 05:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63S coupe, X5M
If your car has been in the shop 40+ times I'm sure you would have a rock solid lemon law case?
Old 01-29-2008, 05:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 RRS ; BMW K1200R; 14 E350 ; 14 RRS on order
Wow and I thought I was getting bad service. Sheesh.
Old 01-29-2008, 05:41 PM

05 E500 4matic, 08 ML320CDI
Wow, what a nightmare..! After reading your story, if you can't change the opinion of the Regional Service Rep that you didn't abusively launch that car, they aren't going to honor your warranty claim... I think you are looking at retaining a lawyer at this point, don't you...?

If it makes you feel any better, I belong to another enthusiast site that deals with Diesel Trucks. There are hundreds of owners that had so many problems with their trucks that they got the manufacturer to buy them back as lemons... It can be done, it's just a long and difficult road to travel...

Good luck...
Old 01-29-2008, 05:43 PM

2005 S55
Question ...

Is this going to end up as a finger pointing contest between the dealership and repair shop? That's the only thing that I can see the dealership leaning on here, otherwise it's clear and they will be on the hook for expenses and possibly punitive for gross negligence.

The front end collision is only really alluded to here .. what is the reasoning behind the dealerships refusal to buy back as a lemon? I'd get a lawyer ASAP and make the dealership put their reasoning in writing ..

I'm betting they're blaming the damage from the accident .. but would that invalidate the lemon claim?
Old 01-29-2008, 05:46 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 Mercedes-Benz CLS63 AMG S
I don't understand you? I don't mean to sound rude but you haven't handled this the most intelligent way. The easiest way to have handled this would have been to consult a "lemon law" attorney immediately who would have salivated all over this case! I hope you didn't actually buy another Mercedes from the same dealership? If you did then. You actually pay them for storage? Even if you did floor the car from a stand still the car is broken and how it happened is insignificant. Nowhere in the rule book does it exclude service because you floored your car? Believe me when I say that I'm on your side and I hope you win against these A-holes but you need to be a lot more aggressive and think a little more (sorry to sound rude). Good luck and keep us informed.
Old 01-29-2008, 05:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 Cl 500
Originally Posted by shaw01
Is this going to end up as a finger pointing contest between the dealership and repair shop? That's the only thing that I can see the dealership leaning on here, otherwise it's clear and they will be on the hook for expenses and possibly punitive for gross negligence.

The front end collision is only really alluded to here .. what is the reasoning behind the dealerships refusal to buy back as a lemon? I'd get a lawyer ASAP and make the dealership put their reasoning in writing ..

I'm betting they're blaming the damage from the accident .. but would that invalidate the lemon claim?
i bet he can blame the accident on the cars flaws if anything.

sorry about you luck, and i sure hope you find a way outa that.

ALi
Old 01-29-2008, 06:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
CLS 55
Wow so sorry to hear about your troubles with this car, first of all I'm amazed how you got that up on that Uhaul trailer, I do hope you checked the weight capacaties of that trailer, 2nd as others have said, you need to spend the money and hire an attorney, with the monthly payments your swinging, your dragging it out, and the attorney may wake them up real quick. Just my $.02 of course, keep us all posted on your outcome.
Old 01-29-2008, 06:15 PM

CLS55
Red face I'm the idiot CLS55 Lemon Owner

There is a lot more to this story (fortunately favorable more on my side). Yes, I did just retain a Lemon Law attorney last Friday, who fortunately has also dealt and been dealing with his specialty is Mercedes and MB CLS's, so I am on the right track. Why am I so angry, or angry enough to put the car in front of the dealership instead of handling my gripe with MBUSA? That has a long list of the way we were treated (horrible at best). They have blamed every problem on one or more silly and inconceivable thing after another, it's almost like they have their own MB issued private service 'manual' and just go down the list of the insane excuses (that lead directly away from them) until they get to one you will believe. Last note, they said that we hit a curb and it took out the (bottom) car. O.K., you take a 5K lb car, the air suspension explodes while doing 25mph, literally, popping 2 back tires, that car is going to hit the pavement, plain and simple. Blaming the accident is ludicrous, and our insurance company (USAA ~ The best) and an independent Mercedes expert state the same. They're both 8 months apart as well. You're all right, I waited too long, bought another Mercedes from them (I'll take that idiot hit, that's another long story) because I work too many long hours to pay for the things I want, my prerogative. I don't take any of your comments as rude, thank you for trying to be so nice. When the web site is complete www.AMercedesLemon.com, you'll see a lot more (running video of the GM almost getting arrested for blocking the vehicles and my protest signs and forbidding me to leave), repair orders (scanned), other stories posted, blogs, etc. The media have approached me and we are talking about when and where to air this story (with others I hope). Los Angeles Times has already come by and taken pictures, they haven't contacted me yet for my version, Keyes of course had 'no comment'. I will now let the Lemon Law and the attorney work for this cause.....but it will never excuse how we were treated and my Civil Rights were violated, that's another kind of attorney, who I meet with on Friday. BTW: Not one of these attorney's are charging a dime up front.
I've learn a lot from you all and your posts, thank you for the sympathy as well, I have enough now to last me a long while, but misery loves company so I am in good hands. I'll try to post more on the site before the weekend, if not throughout the weekend. More stories to follow on the site. Thanks All For Everything!
Old 01-29-2008, 06:18 PM

CLS55
Kevin, Yes, that was my first nightmare, we have also 2 Jeep Grands (2001 & 2007), neither were good enough to hold it), that's my daughter in laws new Ford F150, she has one of the Jeeps. Attorney's all on board now, so we're on the right path. Thanks for helping, wish I had known that before last week, lol. We're learning. The cars are going to stay there for as long as I can, or until I get answers and someone from MBUSA agrees to take it.
Old 01-29-2008, 06:25 PM

08 CLS63, Honda Accord, 04 911
WOW. I wish you the best. This is a serious high-end car and hopefully it works out well for you.

On another note, the car looks GREAT. Love the wheels and silver type centercap to match the calipers
Old 01-29-2008, 06:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
CLS 55
Wow just an amazing story, dealers are very quick to put the fault back on the customer if any modifications are done, of course cosmetic doesn't matter, but when it comes to engine mods and suspension, ie. lowering, they have the right to void the warranty for that specific problem. The car does appeared to be lowered, have you done any ECU, or pulley mods? I ask cause as well all know there are two sides to every story, it does appear that you have been treated in a non professional matter, which is sad coming from a dealer that you have given business too.
Old 01-29-2008, 06:28 PM
Banned

06 SL55
That sucks. I wonder why they are being stubborn and haven't bought the car back?

Good luck with everything
Old 01-29-2008, 07:01 PM

Did you finally get a lawyer after all this time?

If you were on this board when you first started having problems, we would have told you to seek an attorney immediately.

CA has favorable lemon laws. I see lemon-lawed cars repurchased by MBNA all the time at car auctions. If the dealership thinks they can bully you around into keeping the car, they will do so. Don't get me wrong, DC and the dealership are to blame, but you dragged this thing out by not seeking counsel.

Either way, hope things turn out well for you.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: CLS55 Lemon Pics