C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

Pictures of CLS63 with 22" Forgiato wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 11:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 CLS55 AMG; 2006 Infiniti FX45;
Originally Posted by guldbil
Slang500: As you can see You sold me crap!! All others with forgiato tells the same story over and over again!! Im really worried right now, because im just waiting for my front wheels to start lacking, then im a ticking bomb.... Just waiting to explode... I prefer You start doing something.. I didnt have to go to forgiato, i bought it from Harbor Motorsport..
Guldbil,
Damn, you still haven't gotten this worked out yet? How many months has it been? Feel bad for you bro. Having to deal with this, halfway around the world. Next time, buy wheels in Germany. I told you, everybody and there mother are making wheels here. Most don't have a clue and half of them fall apart relatively quickly. IMO
Old 08-16-2008, 11:56 AM

To many to list!
I'm not sure to love them or hate them...
Old 08-16-2008, 02:29 PM

CLS55
Originally Posted by alms21
It truly amazes me that people that own shops that sell this stuff take an approach like this.....do you think if you go to Walgreens and get a bottle of Dove shampoo and you find out it was only half full that you would go to Dove to get the issue resolved? Hell no...you would go to Walgreen's. Same holds true in a case like this.

I had this same problem with a set of coilovers I got for my old 996tt. One of them was defective and the Tuner shop I bought them from took the same approach --- "we didn't make the coilovers"...well, no *****... but you carry their product so IT IS your issue to get resolved.
If a fine Swiss watch breaks, the reseller takes it back and it goes back to the manufacturer in most cases. Low production high dollar items are very rarely take a new one off the shelf and replace it things.

It's kind of a stretch to compare mass produced products with custom made to order wheels. Agree that the reseller should get involved by talking to the manufacturer for the customer and making sure it gets rectified quickly. In the end though the reseller can not make the wheel so it really is between the manufacturer and the customer since it is a manufacturers warranty issue.

No affiliation with either companies here. Just been caught in the middle before and understand both sides.
Old 08-16-2008, 04:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'17 CLS550
Originally Posted by KungFoo
If a fine Swiss watch breaks, the reseller takes it back and it goes back to the manufacturer in most cases. Low production high dollar items are very rarely take a new one off the shelf and replace it things.

It's kind of a stretch to compare mass produced products with custom made to order wheels. Agree that the reseller should get involved by talking to the manufacturer for the customer and making sure it gets rectified quickly. In the end though the reseller can not make the wheel so it really is between the manufacturer and the customer since it is a manufacturers warranty issue.
No affiliation with either companies here. Just been caught in the middle before and understand both sides.
If a manufacturer wanted to sell to the public and put up with the headaches and issues of every Tom Dick and Harry, they would....... and they would get a retailers price for them. They choose not to sell to the general public. Their "contract" is with the retailer/dealer NOT the consumer. As far as I am concerned it is 100% on the retailer to get ANY problem resolved.

Your Porsche has a problem under warranty...do you call up Porsche of North America? No, you call your dealer.

I do understand that its not the dealer/retailer's "fault" for the bad product but at the end of the day they are representing the manufacturer...if you can't stand behind what you're selling, then perhaps you should be selling someone else's product.

Last edited by alms21; 08-16-2008 at 04:14 PM.
Old 08-16-2008, 04:33 PM

2006 CLS55 AMG; 2006 Infiniti FX45;
If a manufacturer wanted to sell to the public and put up with the headaches and issues of every Tom Dick and Harry, they would....... and they would get a retailers price for them. They choose not to sell to the general public. Their "contract" is with the retailer/dealer NOT the consumer. As far as I am concerned it is 100% on the retailer to get ANY problem resolved.

Your Porsche has a problem under warranty...do you call up Porsche of North America? No, you call your dealer.

I do understand that its not the dealer/retailer's "fault" for the bad product but at the end of the day they are representing the manufacturer...if you can't stand behind what you're selling, then perhaps you should be selling someone else's product.
+1
Old 08-16-2008, 06:43 PM

CLS55

Porsche just as any auto manufacturer has a network of repair shops built into their resellers business model so warranties are handled at the dealer level. Wheel companies do not, they warranty direct.

You are comparing mass market to limited production, these are two totally different animals. It's very easy to blur the different kinds of business practices in today's market place.

How can a company that manufacturers nothing, stand behind a product? Should they build him a new wheel on their own? Obviously this is laughable to think but it seems to be what you are insinuating. All they can do is tell the manufacturer to get the customer a replacement which they have done. For all we know they could have been calling the manufacturer 100 times a day telling them to do so since this has happened. We'll never know.

Last edited by KungFoo; 08-16-2008 at 06:45 PM.
Old 08-16-2008, 09:42 PM

'17 CLS550
Porsche just as any auto manufacturer has a network of repair shops built into their resellers business model so warranties are handled at the dealer level. Wheel companies do not, they warranty direct.

You are comparing mass market to limited production, these are two totally different animals. It's very easy to blur the different kinds of business practices in today's market place.

How can a company that manufacturers nothing, stand behind a product? Should they build him a new wheel on their own? Obviously this is laughable to think but it seems to be what you are insinuating. All they can do is tell the manufacturer to get the customer a replacement which they have done. For all we know they could have been calling the manufacturer 100 times a day telling them to do so since this has happened. We'll never know.
As long as they (said retailer/dealer) are making the effort to rectify the problem then that is cool with me.

I NEVER said the dealer/retailer could correct the problem on their own. It is, however, their ABSOLUTE responsibility to be the "contact" person with the mfgr NOT THE CONSUMER that bought the product. What part of that do you not comprehend?
Old 08-16-2008, 10:20 PM

CLS55
As long as they (said retailer/dealer) are making the effort to rectify the problem then that is cool with me.

I NEVER said the dealer/retailer could correct the problem on their own. It is, however, their ABSOLUTE responsibility to be the "contact" person with the mfgr NOT THE CONSUMER that bought the product. What part of that do you not comprehend?
Where does it say they weren't the contact person? It was already stated that they replaced one wheel for him. Maybe I missed something but I read where they said they did help the customer and something about them being closed which I read as out of business but maybe they were just closed for the night? What's that about comprehension?

"Jesper, this is Edison. I DID help you, even though we closed our shop."
Old 08-17-2008, 10:42 AM

'17 CLS550
Where does it say they weren't the contact person? It was already stated that they replaced one wheel for him. Maybe I missed something but I read where they said they did help the customer and something about them being closed which I read as out of business but maybe they were just closed for the night? What's that about comprehension?

Wasn't speaking specifically about this issue --- talking about issues in general with any retailer/dealer. This particular dealer did stay involved and should have....albeit a bit tardy and sounds like it took some arm twisting.

I'm done with the topic --- EVERYONE knows that the damn seller of someone else's product needs to step up and be the problem solver when an issue arises with said product. Its really that simple.
Old 08-19-2008, 03:20 AM

Location: I live in Denmark where the cars cost´s 3 times as much!!!
ML63AMG 2007´

No they havent replaced a frontwheel.. They told me they had shipped it, but couldnt give me a tracking number, when i got the tracking number after 2 months, the wheel where in the US !! I talked to The shipping company, and they told me that they havent been to my door, and the wheel only got to customs in Denmark because some duties from the company that shipped them wasnt payed!!!!

I now have one damaged front wheel , and i have chrome falling of on the rears! i bought the wheels i april!!! The wheels arrived June, with all the wheel nuts lying on the surface on the front wheel because they were put inside the front wheel box!!!! After only 500 km , the chrome is starting falling of the rears. I have been writing about 100 emails back and forward to Harbor Motorsport, and im not getting any further. Forgiato Also told me they would help me out because Harbor Motorsport didnt, but now i cant get any more emails from Harbor or from Forgiato, Forgiato would send me 2 new lips for the rears so i could replace them , but NO ONE in denmark can do this, this is not US but scandinavia , i have wheels without tires for 5000 USD that doesnt work and im not driving my car with chrome lacking!!!!!.. Im so ****ing sick of this **** and i know for a fact where im going next time i´m in the US

Last edited by guldbil; 08-19-2008 at 03:25 AM.
Old 08-19-2008, 03:28 AM

Location: I live in Denmark where the cars cost´s 3 times as much!!!
ML63AMG 2007´
Originally Posted by von32897
Guldbil,
Damn, you still haven't gotten this worked out yet? How many months has it been? Feel bad for you bro. Having to deal with this, halfway around the world. Next time, buy wheels in Germany. I told you, everybody and there mother are making wheels here. Most don't have a clue and half of them fall apart relatively quickly. IMO

No nothing, they certanly just dont give a ****!!