Anybody know any good tuners?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 04:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS55 AMG & RRS S/C
Anybody know any good tuners?

i have little bit of a mix of parts in my 55. i have the kleeman k1 setup (pulley, ecu, air filters) i didnt notice a big difference after having it put in but then i guess its hard to feel 45hp/tq on a 469hp/516tq car.

ive also noticed that my exhaust tips are VERY black, even after cleaning them they get black again within a few days. im assuming im running rich.

last week i slapped in a set of renntech headers. i did this instead of the k2 because i got a good deal on them and also they are bolt ons so no cutting or welding required. id like to get a new tune/flash on the car. does anyone have any recommendations?

im planning to do a res delete as well so i guess its best to tune it after that is done. any advice would be great!
thanks
Old 05-21-2008, 08:15 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Originally Posted by jikjak
i have little bit of a mix of parts in my 55. i have the kleeman k1 setup (pulley, ecu, air filters) i didnt notice a big difference after having it put in but then i guess its hard to feel 45hp/tq on a 469hp/516tq car.

ive also noticed that my exhaust tips are VERY black, even after cleaning them they get black again within a few days. im assuming im running rich.

last week i slapped in a set of renntech headers. i did this instead of the k2 because i got a good deal on them and also they are bolt ons so no cutting or welding required. id like to get a new tune/flash on the car. does anyone have any recommendations?

im planning to do a res delete as well so i guess its best to tune it after that is done. any advice would be great!
thanks
VRP or Kleemann.
Pulley makes the car run richer due to ECU seeing more boost and dumping more fuel
If you do a dyno you will see that your Air/fuel rates to be goin richer and richer
Old 05-21-2008, 08:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 CL55 stage 4 Renntech and 2006 CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by jikjak

thanks
You should definately feel the 45 hp/tq. Do you have before and after dyno?
Old 05-21-2008, 03:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS55 AMG & RRS S/C
so its normal for it to run richer after having the pulley kit?

anyways what is VRP? can u give me a link to their site?

im not saying i didnt feel anything after the k1 kit, but i didnt feel that much difference. its got a little bit more punch though.