C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

Ordering 2009 CLS63: Opinions & Advice Welcome

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 07:17 PM

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts
2018 C63SA Cabriolet
Ordering 2009 CLS63: Opinions & Advice Welcome

If I am not going to race the car but instead drive it in town and on the highway, why should I spend $9K for the performance package other than the fact that it's cool? The standard equipment has Z-rated tires and great-looking new AMG wheels, plus quite adequate and good-looking brakes, so why pay the extra money? I have the Z51 sport suspension and brakes on my Corvette and find the ride more noisy and harsh than I'd want in a luxury performance sedan/coupe like the CLS63. But, I have an open mind and wonder what the rest of you active posters out there in cyberspace might think.

Also, I prefer the Cashmere Beige interior and don't want black because it's too hot in So. Florida for such a dark color exterior or interior, but wonder if Iridium Silver will look good with the beige interior so am leaning toward Indium Grey, though it isn't very grey. Has anyone seen the silver/beige combo and, if so, what'd you think? I also don't like the dove-grey "ash" interior being offered so what do you think looks best with the beige?
Old 05-29-2008, 08:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL63
I bought one of the first CLS63's delivered to our area (right off the car carrier in the street)

What I found is that without limited slip there is too much power for the one drive wheel to handle.

Since your down south I wont get into snow stories with 500 hp cars with single wheel drive like I share with all my friends here.

So far 28,000 miles, never a repair and no regrets.

I understand you can rent CLS63 & E63's in Fla. Why not spend a weekend with either one as they share major components. Might be easier way to make up your mind or give you piece of mind with your final decision.

Great Highway Car !!!
http://www.exoticcarrentaldirectory.com/directory.htm

Last edited by turbotom1; 05-29-2008 at 08:30 PM.
Old 05-29-2008, 08:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Hmm, not sure about silver/beige. I'd go for white if I was set on a beige interior. In fact, that's my LX combination.

As regards 030, well the LSD is a great addition but if you can live without that (I couldn't) then I agree the standard wheels and brakes are good enough.
Old 05-29-2008, 09:27 PM

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts
2018 C63SA Cabriolet
Originally Posted by turbotom1

I understand you can rent CLS63 & E63's in Fla. Why not spend a weekend with either one as they share major components. Might be easier way to make up your mind or give you piece of mind with your final decision.

Great Highway Car !!!
http://www.exoticcarrentaldirectory.com/directory.htm
I checked out that link and went to all the exotic car rental websites in Florida but found only one that rents the M6 and none that rent the CLS63.

My local BMW dealer has yet to come up with an M6 for me to even test drive, much less take for a day or weekend. But no matter because I already have peace-of-mind: I really like the CLS63 (always have) and don't get so excited when I see an M6 so "curb appeal" is definitely in the Benz's favor even if the Beamer is a more agile car.
Old 05-29-2008, 11:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
06 CLS55 w/ P030, 05 Jag S Type R, 05 TBird-68 Dodge Charger R/T-440 w/4speed I'm original owner
For a real car enthusiast, LSD is icing on the cake with an AMG. Improved handling, steering wheel, brakes and wheel upgrades really make your car almost one of a kind. Glad I held out for the 030.

You might want to talk with a dealership that will let you test drive a cls over the weekend. These cars are really pricey to rent. Beverly Hills MB charges $1100/day for a cls 550.
Old 05-30-2008, 10:16 AM

SL63
Originally Posted by C6Jeff
I checked out that link and went to all the exotic car rental websites in Florida but found only one that rents the M6 and none that rent the CLS63.

My local BMW dealer has yet to come up with an M6 for me to even test drive, much less take for a day or weekend. But no matter because I already have peace-of-mind: I really like the CLS63 (always have) and don't get so excited when I see an M6 so "curb appeal" is definitely in the Benz's favor even if the Beamer is a more agile car.

have you searched around the web yourself and made a few calls ?
Mercedes Benz C300
Mercedes Benz CLK 550 Cabriolet
Mercedes Benz CLS 550
Mercedes Benz CLS 63 AMG
Mercedes Benz E 550
Mercedes Benz Maybach
Mercedes Benz ML500
Mercedes Benz S550
Mercedes Benz SL 550
Mercedes Benz SLK 350
Mercedes Benz SLK 55 AMG
http://www.players-cars.com/index.asp

------------------------------------------
This company has a CLK63 (try the 63 motor anyway)
Mercedez-Benz CLK 63 AMG (third from bottom)
http://www.argosrentacar.biz/7.html

-------------------------------------------

Mercedes AMG listed, call for details
http://floridaexoticcarrentals.store...callaunch.com/
Old 05-30-2008, 12:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by C6Jeff
If I am not going to race the car but instead drive it in town and on the highway, why should I spend $9K for the performance package other than the fact that it's cool? The standard equipment has Z-rated tires and great-looking new AMG wheels, plus quite adequate and good-looking brakes, so why pay the extra money? I have the Z51 sport suspension and brakes on my Corvette and find the ride more noisy and harsh than I'd want in a luxury performance sedan/coupe like the CLS63. But, I have an open mind and wonder what the rest of you active posters out there in cyberspace might think.

Also, I prefer the Cashmere Beige interior and don't want black because it's too hot in So. Florida for such a dark color exterior or interior, but wonder if Iridium Silver will look good with the beige interior so am leaning toward Indium Grey, though it isn't very grey. Has anyone seen the silver/beige combo and, if so, what'd you think? I also don't like the dove-grey "ash" interior being offered so what do you think looks best with the beige?
9K = approx $250 increase in lease payment...you're buying a $100K car, $2600 more / yr for a stand out AMG?? Sign me up, im there all day long..that's to say, you won't regret it