Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 E55
+1. would love to hear some clips
Old 07-02-2008, 01:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 CLS55 AMG; 2006 Infiniti FX45;
Originally Posted by rarfinancial
I had the straight pipes first. To me sounded like old school hot rod
(Boat sounding) Now with the X-Pipe in place sounds like a fine tuned high performance super German race car. Like I saiD before the X-pipe fine tunes the note Just my 2cents BUT I AM VERY VERY PICKY!
What type of X pipes did you use? Name brand? Size. Thanks Rick
Old 07-02-2008, 01:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
Originally Posted by von32897
What type of X pipes did you use? Name brand? Size. Thanks Rick
I bought the X-Pipe from Vadim when he was at Global . If I remember right it was made by VRUS I will look it up on an old post and let you know..
Old 07-02-2008, 02:25 AM

2006 CLS55 AMG
Any soundclips today?
Old 07-02-2008, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by rarfinancial
I bought the X-Pipe from Vadim when he was at Global . If I remember right it was made by VRUS I will look it up on an old post and let you know..
Thanks Rick.
Old 07-03-2008, 12:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E500 Sport
Lexaltezza - emailed you
Old 07-03-2008, 01:41 PM

2011 SL550, 2007 CLS63, 2004 X5
Originally Posted by is3mike
Any soundclips today?
+1, the anticipation is killing me
Old 07-03-2008, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by is3mike
Any soundclips today?
+2 Anticipation!

We want soundclips! We want soundclips!

Please!
Old 07-03-2008, 09:15 PM

Whats up with the sound clips...
Old 07-04-2008, 02:20 AM

08 CLS63
Guys,

I have some bad news and some even worse news. To begin, I did not have the opportunity to take any sounds clips as was originally planned. The even worse news is that I had the Renntech mufflers for about 2 days and had to go back to stock. I developed a mild case of Tinnitus in my right ear a few months ago with no known cause or cure. It typically does not bother me as long as I do not think about it. Well as my luck would have it, after installing the Renntech mufflers, the drone in the lower RPM's was exacerbating the Tinnitus to the point where it was unbearable. So I had to make the tough choice of having to have my Renntech mufflers removed.

Now for your guys delight I will try my best to give you my impressions of the exhaust. To begin, startup is what a car of this calibur should sound like! It has an amazing startup rumble and I definately MISS it. Idle is a bit louder than stock also. Acceleration in the lower rpm's had a nice DEEP growl to it. It is definately a head turner. There is a sweet spot for drone however, between approximately 1.5-2k rpm's. I didn't notice any at highways speeds or if your cruising at a steady speed. During acceleration it sounds somewhat similar to stock, but more refined to give it a nice smooth growl. Overall, the exhaust is wonderful and the installation was a little tricky, but nothing a muffler shop can't handle. By the way, I would recommed Ken's Muffler Shop to anyone in the Dallas area. Ken is a great guy! Anyways, the exhaust was exactly what I wanted, which was a deeper growl under low load in the lower RPM's with a more refined overall sound and the Renntech mufflers did exactly that.

My plans now are putting the mufflers up for sale sometime this weekend. If anyone is interested, shoot me a PM. Thank you Tinnitus

Last edited by lexaltezza; 07-04-2008 at 02:23 AM.
Old 07-04-2008, 02:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E500 Sport
Best of luck with your tinnitus, and thanks for giving me a heads up earlier! I was already able to locate another exhaust. Good Luck with your upcoming sale.
Old 07-04-2008, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by lexaltezza
Guys,

I have some bad news and some even worse news. To begin, I did not have the opportunity to take any sounds clips as was originally planned. The even worse news is that I had the Renntech mufflers for about 2 days and had to go back to stock. I developed a mild case of Tinnitus in my right ear a few months ago with no known cause or cure. It typically does not bother me as long as I do not think about it. Well as my luck would have it, after installing the Renntech mufflers, the drone in the lower RPM's was exacerbating the Tinnitus to the point where it was unbearable. So I had to make the tough choice of having to have my Renntech mufflers removed.

Now for your guys delight I will try my best to give you my impressions of the exhaust. To begin, startup is what a car of this calibur should sound like! It has an amazing startup rumble and I definately MISS it. Idle is a bit louder than stock also. Acceleration in the lower rpm's had a nice DEEP growl to it. It is definately a head turner. There is a sweet spot for drone however, between approximately 1.5-2k rpm's. I didn't notice any at highways speeds or if your cruising at a steady speed. During acceleration it sounds somewhat similar to stock, but more refined to give it a nice smooth growl. Overall, the exhaust is wonderful and the installation was a little tricky, but nothing a muffler shop can't handle. By the way, I would recommed Ken's Muffler Shop to anyone in the Dallas area. Ken is a great guy! Anyways, the exhaust was exactly what I wanted, which was a deeper growl under low load in the lower RPM's with a more refined overall sound and the Renntech mufflers did exactly that.

My plans now are putting the mufflers up for sale sometime this weekend. If anyone is interested, shoot me a PM. Thank you Tinnitus
Lexal,
Sorry about your ordeal. Thanks for getting back to all of us who kept checking this thread everyday in anticipation. I was wondering if the droaning issue might've been because of the straight pipes you have instead of the X pipes?
Old 07-06-2008, 12:11 AM

08 CLS63
Originally Posted by von32897
Lexal,
Sorry about your ordeal. Thanks for getting back to all of us who kept checking this thread everyday in anticipation. I was wondering if the droaning issue might've been because of the straight pipes you have instead of the X pipes?
I actually have the stock resonator in place.
Old 07-07-2008, 01:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63S coupe, X5M
Originally Posted by lexaltezza
Guys,

That blows man, sorry to hear.