C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

We are degrading our cars at these prices!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 07:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
14-F Sport, 07-CLS63 2003-HUMMER 2004-Suburban 2008-MAX 2005-YZF R1
Originally Posted by bigben320e
It could happen, and be legit. Desperate times, desperate measures.
Nope Nope nope! I've been looking, so please show me where!!! Now Gallardo yes! Not Murc!
Old 12-04-2008, 08:12 PM

:)
Cats exotic have some of the best pricing Lambo on the market. and I have yet to see a Murci for less than $120k. I have seen alot of Gallardo under 100k.. anyhow.. if anyone can find a Murci less than 100k. let me know... I am ready to buy...
Old 12-04-2008, 09:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by jl88
Murcielago for 90k? That's a bit ridiculous. A 2002 Murcielago with carfax damage was easily sold for mid/upper 120k's by Cats Exotics.

The only sub 100k Murcielago's for sale are the ones with branded titles.

If you can get a clean title Murcielago for 90k, more power to you. Seems highly suspect though.
Consider the source....this is the same genius who found a 2006 CLS55 with no reserve and an asking price of $34.5K on Fleabay and not only thought it was legit, but even bidded on it, when a quick carfax search showed the mileage claimed was bogus, not to mention the ridiculously low price!

And no reserve??? Who the hell would sell any car like this with no reserve?? So if someone bid $100 and there were no other bidders he'd sell it, as he is legally bound to do via his contract w/Ebay? Nothing suspicious about that!!

This guy is a flake....I googled him and found that he seems to get his rocks off going to car forums and jumping in on any thread where anyone is selling/buying a car, telling them they're asking/paying too much, based upon the lowest-priced flotsam and jetsam he can find.

It's just flat-out bizarre.....seems to enjoy peeing on others' proverbial birthday cakes.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:34 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
1987 Buick GNX,SL65 Black, 1987 Buick Turbo Limited, 2010 GT500
MURC yes at $95k ...8400 miles local seller-Miami

I am buying this car saturday.......the seller insisted he made a mistake on the price he originally told me..... yeah right....carfax is shot but title is fine......even if a Murc had a title that was puked on and **** on at prices that low ....who cares.....it is still the best looking car for the money.....yeah you might go through a little hassle to resell.... but why would you resell it??

And the seller is not desperate for money ... this is what he was offered by Prestige Imports as a trade in....therefore he decided to buy his new car a Bentley Speed on the street and just sell the Murc privately so the dealer wont get the profit....how did I find it...he listed it in the local newspaper...his original list price was $85k.... but who is arguing

I met a guy the other day who picked up a Bentley Gt 2005 with 21k miles for $55k.....not a damn thing wrong with the car...and black on black...the seller was selling a few cars for the winter to go back to London....he supposedly buys his cars in the summer and sells them in winter before he leaves......nice life

Last edited by retardedmunk; 12-05-2008 at 09:42 AM.
Old 12-05-2008, 07:17 PM

05 w463 G55, 08 W251 R500, 03 996 turbo
Originally Posted by retardedmunk
I met a guy the other day who picked up a Bentley Gt 2005 with 21k miles for $55k.....not a damn thing wrong with the car...and black on black...the seller was selling a few cars for the winter to go back to London....he supposedly buys his cars in the summer and sells them in winter before he leaves......nice life
If you can find me a clean 05 GT w/ 21k miles for $55k, then I'll pay you a bonus of $2K in cash. I know people are saying there are deals to be had, but my dream car for less than I paid for my e500?
Old 12-05-2008, 08:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
INTERESTING FACT... manheim states that in November 2009 our cars will be worth GUESS WHAT??? $9000!!!!!!!!!!!!! this will never happen.... but it does state that on the bottom of the MMR on the CLS55....

Yes you see this right... Manheim's computer bases on current depreciation.... ours car should be going through auction for $9k by NOV. 2009
Core value is like $20K now and that is where the price will probably go sideways for awhile, if you part out an E55 now it could bring $35K. So bring me all the $9000 E/CLS 55s you can.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:13 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by sc_trojan
If you can find me a clean 05 GT w/ 21k miles for $55k, then I'll pay you a bonus of $2K in cash. I know people are saying there are deals to be had, but my dream car for less than I paid for my e500?
+1, I'll give you $4000 bonus cash. Bentley Gt 2005 is a beauty car for that low of a price
Old 12-05-2008, 09:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Lowest price I could find for one on Autotrader, nationwide search, with under 30K miles was $87.4K. On cars.com, the lowest priced one is $88K. Most are well north of that.

As for the Murcielago, lowest-priced model on cars.com is an '03 at $149.9K, five more are in the $150's, and then it jumps to $165K and goes up from there. On autotrader, lowest-priced one is the same one that's on cars.com.

Outliers do not constitute the norm.

Last edited by Improviz; 12-05-2008 at 09:31 PM.
Old 12-06-2008, 12:34 PM
Banned

MURCI was found in newspaper not autotrader...

the Bentley as I stated was bought by a person who found the car for sale by word of mouth....autotrader is a national grid of cars commonly advertised.... you will rarely find any kind of good deal there....standard dealer pricing and a once in a while private who is willing to let there car go for less then trade in value... most private sellers list there cars according to autotrader average price.... not good... this is why their cars stay not sold for a long time.....
Old 12-06-2008, 12:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
the Bentley as I stated was bought by a person who found the car for sale by word of mouth....autotrader is a national grid of cars commonly advertised.... you will rarely find any kind of good deal there....standard dealer pricing and a once in a while private who is willing to let there car go for less then trade in value... most private sellers list there cars according to autotrader average price.... not good... this is why their cars stay not sold for a long time.....
Well, you've got two guys willing to pay you $2,000 each if you can find them an '05 Bentley GT for $55K w/21K miles, so there you go....have at it. Be sure to let us know when you find one.

As to Autotrader, the prices do vary. When I priced all of the CLS55s for sale on Autotrader nationwide a month ago, they ranged from two high-mileage in the $38-39k range up into the $60's, w/average price at $54K, standard deviation $6K.

So there is plenty of variance there.
Old 12-06-2008, 02:54 PM

Received 131 Likes on 87 Posts
2021 E63S Wagon 2019 S63 AMG Coupé 2015 S Coupé Edition 1 1970 Chevelle LS5
Originally Posted by Improviz
Well, you've got two guys willing to pay you $2,000 each if you can find them an '05 Bentley GT for $55K w/21K miles, so there you go....have at it. Be sure to let us know when you find one.

As to Autotrader, the prices do vary. When I priced all of the CLS55s for sale on Autotrader nationwide a month ago, they ranged from two high-mileage in the $38-39k range up into the $60's, w/average price at $54K, standard deviation $6K.

So there is plenty of variance there.
Actually, I'll a $5000 finder's fee for it.
Old 12-06-2008, 03:20 PM
Banned

You guys ..you guys lol

If I find a Bentley for $55k with 21k miles ... I will buy and keep it...I dont need any finders fee....very appreciated.... that deal was made by a friend who found the car ....they will be at this price within a year anyway so be patient.... there are close to a 1000 for sale nationally and not moving too well....there is a 2005 black on tan with 34k miles at a auction the dealer is trying get $78k ...and the highest offer was $63k... so you can see they hard to move now.........
Old 12-07-2008, 10:09 AM

05 w463 G55, 08 W251 R500, 03 996 turbo
If I find a Bentley for $55k with 21k miles ... I will buy and keep it...I dont need any finders fee....very appreciated.... that deal was made by a friend who found the car ....they will be at this price within a year anyway so be patient.... there are close to a 1000 for sale nationally and not moving too well....there is a 2005 black on tan with 34k miles at a auction the dealer is trying get $78k ...and the highest offer was $63k... so you can see they hard to move now.........
I believe your post, dont get me wrong. I know of a few private party sales where I could have easily made $10k if I knew about them in advance. Some people with more $ than time will simply sell a car privately and not worry about the extra profit and extra hassle if they sold it through other means. They don't even want to bother with consignment. For them a few extra grand is not worth a week or two of hassles since they make much more than that in their regular jobs.
Old 12-07-2008, 04:33 PM

Received 131 Likes on 87 Posts
2021 E63S Wagon 2019 S63 AMG Coupé 2015 S Coupé Edition 1 1970 Chevelle LS5
I believe your post, dont get me wrong. I know of a few private party sales where I could have easily made $10k if I knew about them in advance. Some people with more $ than time will simply sell a car privately and not worry about the extra profit and extra hassle if they sold it through other means. They don't even want to bother with consignment. For them a few extra grand is not worth a week or two of hassles since they make much more than that in their regular jobs.
I believe people with more money than time, actually trade their cars in on new ones. They don't want to have to deal with having people coming around their house, or wasting time showing their cars.
Old 12-07-2008, 07:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by Mathmik
Nope Nope nope! I've been looking, so please show me where!!! Now Gallardo yes! Not Murc!
I think you misinterpreted what I said. Read it again. Desperate times brings desperate measures. I am speaking in general terms.

Meaning, someone that has to sell it, or is tired of it, and just needs to get rid of it may sell at a ridiculous price. There have been plenty of high end cars going for nutball prices as of late. So like I said, it is possible.
Old 12-07-2008, 08:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
I am buying this car saturday.......the seller insisted he made a mistake on the price he originally told me..... yeah right....carfax is shot but title is fine......even if a Murc had a title that was puked on and **** on at prices that low ....who cares.....it is still the best looking car for the money.....yeah you might go through a little hassle to resell.... but why would you resell it??

And the seller is not desperate for money ... this is what he was offered by Prestige Imports as a trade in....therefore he decided to buy his new car a Bentley Speed on the street and just sell the Murc privately so the dealer wont get the profit....how did I find it...he listed it in the local newspaper...his original list price was $85k.... but who is arguing

Congrats on the find. I am not going to get into the speculation on prices, because we all know prices are crazy right now, all I can say is congrats and enjoy the car!
Old 12-08-2008, 06:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S6 LP640 E500

That Murci would'nt happen to be yellow with a bull sticker on the side would it?
Old 12-08-2008, 06:18 PM
Banned

no it is not yellow ...

It is red .....black interior with red threads
Old 12-08-2008, 06:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
06 CLK 55 Cab just got off lease with a residual of 48K and sold at auction for 26...
Old 12-08-2008, 06:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S6 LP640 E500
sounds good

It is red .....black interior with red threads
I see, post pics when you get it. Good luck to you.
Old 12-19-2008, 07:30 PM

2003 SL55, 1999 Lexus LS400
Thumbs down

I really hope I can own an SL55 or SL600 without too much trouble.

I completely agree that MB needs to get it together.

All of the American car companies made crap cars throughout the 80's and 90's, expecting people to remain loyal to American brands. Now in 2008, compared to similarly priced cars, the US auto companies are actually putting better interiors, more reliable parts, etc, then ever before. But it's too late for many customers as they have already switched to Japanese cars

I'll definitely make sure I have a good warranty.

I agree, a warranty on a Lexus is a WASTE of money. IF, by that small chance something does break, that one thing probably won't cover the cost of warranty.

I'm currently in a 99 Lexus LS400 bought with 110k miles, now with 145k miles and never needing a single repair, just oil changes and recently new tires.

ALSO, 3 years after buying it, 99 Lexus LS400's are STILL going for the SAME price as when I originally purchased mine. So the only depreciation I will have to deal with is from mileage added to car; time and age appears to have no effect

Although I'm sure it won't be as trouble free as my Lexus experience, I hope it'll be worth it. I figure if I avoid the 03 year SL(I've heard this is one of the most unreliable cars out there), shoot for at least 04-05, maybe 06.

Yes it's nice that Benz offers 500, 600hp+ cars where you don't have that option with Lexus and other luxury brands, but many of these problems are happening on things other than the engine... happening on mercedes cars with standard V6's, V8's, which do not have any particular advantage over the competition.

One more thing that I really don't like about some new Mercedes... you can buy a brand new $55k Mercedes Benz, WITHOUT HID's! This is crazy. Any car over 40-45k new should include HID standard, not an option.
Old 01-08-2009, 01:17 AM

VARIOUS
I just sold my car on ebay for $47,200.... this is a shame...I dont need the money I just have to many cars and this car has to go....I SOLD it too cheap.....and I regret it..... because it took 3 months to find it ..in the first place...

I put about an hour a day on ebay and an hour a day into manheim.....
as a hobby .....so I know the car market as well as I know my way around some nice wet TRIM.....

They only built 1468 CLS55'S ....(they built more GT-R's and lambo Murcs then our cars)...Now ONLY half of those 1468 cars were loaded the way "MOST" intelligent buyers would want their car... keyless go and comfort package a must.......now the realistic number is about 700 and change left...now take away the "UGLY" ones.... whites with tan interior, granite grey with tan interior... and all the grey interior cars....and all the ones with the Burl walnut inlay (not that I don't like the wood....JUST NOT IN THE CLS) .....and you have probably ONLY about a few hundered cars left... not many at all...making these cars rare as hell to find "the way most people would desire them" ....

INTERESTING FACT... manheim states that in November 2009 our cars will be worth GUESS WHAT??? $9000!!!!!!!!!!!!! this will never happen.... but it does state that on the bottom of the MMR on the CLS55....

Yes you see this right... Manheim's computer bases on current depreciation.... ours car should be going through auction for $9k by NOV. 2009
Now a camparison... well a Lexus GS350 2007 will be worth about $16K by November 2009....wow.....they need a new computer program...WOW

Remember folks we our seeing some of these cars sell for low to mid $40's? yes you might find a few with those options in the mix that we would like... personally i would spend $10k more just to have keyless and the comfort package... why? because a used 2006 Lexus GS300 we can pick up for $21k HAS THESE OPTIONS STANDARD!!!!.....it is an insult not to have those options on my car... so the extra coin for the right car in crucial.....

Great example of why people do not buy certain cars and why they SHOULD be .....
I just met a guy the other day while I was getting a sub at the local sub shop... I drove my CLS there.... the guy just bought brand new 2009 M45s....nice car...they will build about 50k of these cars...he paid cash....yes cash...his walk out price was $53k for this car.....I said as he was admiring my car ....hey why didnt you buy a used Mercedes? His answer "well I wanted something new and a car like yours is much more then I could spend"
I said I have my car up for sale for $50k and the warranty is actually better then your new car... he said " no way $50k?" I would of paid some more to get a car like yours ..it is no comparison to my car....... he was in shock.... he had no idea that a CLS55 was that cheap....now keep in mind he just paid $50k for a nissan that will blend in the crowd with any kind of wheels and any kind of paint job....in other words a yuppie mobile all the way......He said "I thought your car was new as well and like a hundred grand" I said "no it has 42k miles it is a 2006 and is perfect in and out....like a new car....Mercedes builds their cars differently and they dont get worn out like most cars do" he said "if I had known any of this I would much rather have your car ....atleast I would know when I am driving it people would notice and think I am driving a expensive car when I spent a lot less... and the CLS is the best looking sedan anybody can own anyway more so with those kickass wheels..

Point to this story.... Well our cars should not be given away for less then what a new G37 coupe sells for a for what a new G35 or M45 costs....or say the new Hyundai Genesis ( great new car bargain) but not compared to a used Benz....this is insane... even with 40k or 50k miles on your Benz... this is irrelevent....if the car is clean the car is simply a better looking and better built car then any yuppie mobile out there.... the envy of a guy who looks at our cars who is driving a Inifiniti or Lexus is enough to say " yeah I spent a little more on my used Benz but damn I am driving a hand built super sedan not a run of the mill common car"

WE ARE SELLING OUR CARS TOO CHEAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Screw the economy..... new INFINITIS AND LOADED HONDA ACCORDS AS WELL AS SRT-8'S AND ACURA TL'S are being sold by the hundreds daily....and our cars should be compared to the price of one of these cars???? People are now waiting in line to get the new Genesis and the new CTS is in the low 50's loaded as well... they are still selling well... **** THAT

This is like comparing a Vette to a Ferrari F430.... not EVEN in the same ball park !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but would you sell your ferrari for the price of a vette????????? I may of ****ed up and did....

Actually, the reason these cars are selling so cheap is because of PEOPLE LIKE YOU. Someone somewhere gave you access to their Manheim online account and you apparently spend an hour a day running MMR's on every vehicle imaginable. This type of knowledge USED to be a valuable tool among dealers to guage the value of a vehicle. I've actually had people walk into one of my showrooms with printouts of Galves and MMR results looking to pay the same price for a similar vehicle that I had in stock. What people fail to realize is that there are numerous hidden costs involved in addition to these prices as well as a tremendous liability on the dealer principles who must ultimately stand behind these vehicles should something go wrong with them. Example: I had an 03 Maserati Spider that I owned for $48k. I had a customer with the MMR results printed from my exact car and the guy was offering me a $500 profit. After auction fees and trucking it was a break even. Aren't dealers entitled to make a small profit with all the risk involved on our part? I wound up keepng the car for myself to drive for the summer and eventually sold it for $44k. A few days later the tranny went... $8k in repairs.... and I had to pay for it. I know I'm rambling but the bottom line is people like you who are so well informed about the auto business should apply for a dealer license, get dealer plates, insurance, a location zoned for auto sales, and a floor plan (auto line of credit which is next to impossible to get in this economy) or just use a few million dollars of your own $$. Good luck and see you at Manheim...
Old 01-08-2009, 04:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Knowledge is power.

I almost always preface my Manheim MMR prices with statements including the prices do not reflect auction closing fees, reconditioning costs, transportation costs, etc.

On the flip side, there are many dealers that take in cars as trade-in and their cost is way below auction wholesale.

But there will always be people that expect you to sell them a car for a loss. I doubt those people are serious buyers anyways.