C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

solution or no solution for camber?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 01:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
16' GT S
solution or no solution for camber?

Is there a solution for the camber problem on these CLS'?
Old 03-11-2009, 02:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
CLS 55
I just rolled the dice on the Kmac camber kit, I'll keep you guys posted after the install.
Old 03-11-2009, 03:21 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Originally Posted by C6turbo88
Is there a solution for the camber problem on these CLS'?
what is the camber problem?
as i do not know what camber means sorry
and Kevin where is your DIY on rear lights!!! come come now I know you can do it
Old 03-11-2009, 03:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS 55
Originally Posted by Zod
what is the camber problem?
as i do not know what camber means sorry
and Kevin where is your DIY on rear lights!!! come come now I know you can do it
Camber is basically how the tire sits on the ground, the lower these cars go the more camber it creates. Instead of the tire running flat on the ground they are angled inward which in turn creates more inner tire wear. All of us running 20's with a lowering module are eating through rear tires very quickly, like every 5k miles. This kit is supposed to solve this problem.

No rear lights project in the future, quite honestly I'm fine with my non LED lights, besides who cares what the guy behind you sees
Old 03-11-2009, 03:57 PM
Banned

Sport HSE
You guys are funny.

Negative camber increases as the suspension compresses to keep a constant tire patch when the body rolls through corners. When you lower the car the caster blocks pull inward and add negative camber thus making the inside of the tires wear more than the outside of the tires.

Cheers,
Old 03-12-2009, 04:54 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Originally Posted by Kevin M.
Camber is basically how the tire sits on the ground, the lower these cars go the more camber it creates. Instead of the tire running flat on the ground they are angled inward which in turn creates more inner tire wear. All of us running 20's with a lowering module are eating through rear tires very quickly, like every 5k miles. This kit is supposed to solve this problem.

No rear lights project in the future, quite honestly I'm fine with my non LED lights, besides who cares what the guy behind you sees
ME! I care what they see especially when they think they have won, or going to

You really have to see them in person at night while the car is moving

Best of luck on fixing your issue
Old 03-12-2009, 06:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS55 AMG & RRS S/C
Originally Posted by Kevin M.
I just rolled the dice on the Kmac camber kit, I'll keep you guys posted after the install.
awesome! please keep us posted!
Old 03-27-2009, 12:30 AM

SL600 (1000 hp), Cayenne S, 996TT EVO GT750, F430 Spyder,A real Ford GT, 08 Gallardo Spyder
I just had my kmacs removed and OEM bushings installed back (my car has the renntech v2 module). Fronts wore out in 4k miles and so asked my tech to get a camber bushings kit. At the time I did not know about any specific brand. Anyway, as soon as I got them installed (2 months ago) the car felt sloppy. Any dip in the road felt like the cars toe/camber was "shifting". Took it back 2 times and each time my tech would re-align it and tell me all was tight. After the 2nd time my patience wore out and I called him out on the fact that he even allowed the car to leave his ship handling the way it did. He kept it for another week and guess what he found! The damn bushings were the cause of the problem. I cant articulate the whole thing here other than to say the bushings assembly was shifting. I cant say if it was a defective product or a design flaw. All I can tell u is after replacing them with OE bushings,my the car handled normal.

Anyone out there know about another kit? I think renntech has one???
Old 03-27-2009, 12:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS 55
So you had the front and rear on the SL?

How difficult was the install?
Old 03-30-2009, 10:03 AM

SL600 (1000 hp), Cayenne S, 996TT EVO GT750, F430 Spyder,A real Ford GT, 08 Gallardo Spyder
Only the fronts.

I dont remember the camber settings for the rears but the tires had moderate inner tread wear vs the fronts which had severe inner wear. I think I had a neg. 4 on the fronts when the car was in the lowest setting, which is how I like to keep it.