C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

Do Not Service Your car with "Mercedes of Tysons Corner"!!! You Are Hereby Warned!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 05:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 CLS55 AMG; 2006 Infiniti FX45;
Exclamation Do Not Service Your car with "Mercedes of Tysons Corner"!!! You Are Hereby Warned!!!

The service department managers are a bunch of arrogant IDIOTS and LIARS. They've lost a client for good. I will service my car and buy my next mercedes somewhere else. Do not do business with them. They will *** up your car and at the same time, physically DAMAGE it while in their care. Management will not care. They will not return your repeated phone calls. They will act arrogant and treat you like they are doing you a favor, by you servicing your car there. They will then stick you with the car rental bill after already telling you they will take care of it. The ONLY reason you're their in the first place, is for them to correct their screw up of the warranty work. FOUR VISITS over the course of a week. The last visit, they kept the car for 1 full week to figure out what the hell was wrong. When picking up the car they tried to shuffle me into the car. Thank God I inspected the car. The car was DAMAGED! They hit someone elses car with mine! After bringing up the fact that there's damage on the font end of the car, they don't have time to fix the damage and I should come back next week. WHAT? Are you fukin kidding me?

Assistant service manager is a moron. Of course after all this, they stuck me with the one week rental car bill! Won't return any of my phone calls to reverse the car rental charge!!!! Unbelievable! Very unprofessional. Bunch of idiots! I will certainly send a message when the CSI survey comes in the mail.
Old 06-07-2009, 05:09 PM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
SL600
Originally Posted by von32897
The service department managers are a bunch of arrogant IDIOTS and LIARS. They've lost a client for good. I will service my car and buy my next mercedes somewhere else. Do not do business with them. They will *** up your car and at the same time, physically DAMAGE it while in their care. Management will not care. They will not return your repeated phone calls. They will act arrogant and treat you like they are doing you a favor, by you servicing your car there. They will then stick you with the car rental bill after already telling you they will take care of it. The ONLY reason you're their in the first place, is for them to correct their screw up of the warranty work. FOUR VISITS over the course of a week. The last visit, they kept the car for 1 full week to figure out what the hell was wrong. When picking up the car they tried to shuffle me into the car. Thank God I inspected the car. The car was DAMAGED! They hit someone elses car with mine! After bringing up the fact that there's damage on the font end of the car, they don't have time to fix the damage and I should come back next week. WHAT? Are you fukin kidding me?

Assistant service manager is a moron. Of course after all this, they stuck me with the one week rental car bill! Won't return any of my phone calls to reverse the car rental charge!!!! Unbelievable! Very unprofessional. Bunch of idiots! I will certainly send a message when the CSI survey comes in the mail.
Take pics, and refuse to pick up the car until they acknowledge the damage in writing. Otherwise they'll just lie about it.
Old 06-07-2009, 05:23 PM

2006 CLS55 AMG; 2006 Infiniti FX45;
Originally Posted by CWW
Take pics, and refuse to pick up the car until they acknowledge the damage in writing. Otherwise they'll just lie about it.
Thank God again, that I had 3M film on my front bumper. It protected the paint, but scraped the whole right side of the front bumper! I wasn't takin the car and demanded that they reinstall. They did a shoddy job! Now I have to replace it and install it correctly on my own! Now, they stick me with the car rental bill after I asked several times if they were going to take care of it! They said don't worry about it. RIGHT!!! So I keep the dam rental for the week they had my car. When I come to pick up the car, no-one wanted to take responsibility for the rental which they told me to keep! I walk back and forth from the service department and enterprise SIX TIMES and NO ONE WAS FUKIN GOING TO DO SH:t! Now the story changes to, "we have to get the service director to sign off on it". One week later, I see my bank statement charged close to $200.00 for a rental I never needed in the first place if they hadn't FUKED up the my car during warranty work!!!! Repeated phone calls and messages left with NO RETURN FUKIN CALL!!! Total BS. I'm so pissed!!!

Last edited by von32897; 06-07-2009 at 10:23 PM.
Old 06-07-2009, 06:43 PM

2005 c55amg, 2000 clk430, 2002 clk55amg, 2008 clk63amg black series
Originally Posted by von32897
Thank God again, that I had 3M film on my front bumper. It protected the paint, but scraped the whole right side of the front bumper! I wasn't takin the car and demanded that they reinstall. They did a shoddy job! Now I have to replace it and install it correctly on my own! Now, they stick me with the car rental bill!
can you say LAWSUIT????????
Old 06-07-2009, 08:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nissan GT-R cobb/midpipe/ic piping/wastegate actuators/tials
That sucks- unfortunately we don't really have a good dealership anywhere around us in the DC area.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:42 PM

Received 154 Likes on 38 Posts
c63 BS; lc500; F-pace SVR; Jaguar P8, c63 p31
Depending on where you are, I'd recomend either Euro motors cars or MB of Alexandria. Not the greatest, but best of what we've got.
Old 06-07-2009, 09:02 PM

CLS55 AMG
First thing tomorrow morning call Mercedes Benz USA and tell them your story. Give them a chance to fix their dealer. (1-800-367-6372)
Old 06-07-2009, 10:05 PM

2003 E240
Von, if they treat you like this call up the company directly and make a formal complaint, tell them exactly what they have done and the poor customer service they have given you. 99% of the time they actually listen to you and follow this up with some form of reembursement.

In Australia, Mercedes & Lexus are currently in a customer service war, this works out for us customers because it means that they keep prices low, service high, and if anything goes wrong they will do anything to fix it.

The same goes for the airlines, although this doesn't necessarily apply here but the same fundamental principle.

But make sure you take names, photos, dates. Those are a big asset to have in your situation. These people clearly seem like jokers, there is one dealership in Sydney that is the same. When looking to BUY a car I nearly got in a fight with one of the dealers because he kept adding in these prices after an agreement was made, then told me I was being a fool and should just accept them as it was an absolute bargain (1 month before the DOW fell 30%, yeah good one champion). He practically had a customer in the bag but due to his idiotic salemenship he and the dealership have received a formal complaint from me via the MB head office. After talking with the CS rep at head she told me that there had been another complaint of a similar issue in the last month concerning that dealership.

I went back 3 months later to look at the AMGs (look not buy, no matter how much I want one), and to my surprise there was completely new management. MB generally don't tolerate crap from their dealers and service staff as they are selling a high end product, it isn't a Hyundai.
Old 06-07-2009, 10:06 PM

rr
I bought a car from them a few years ago...nothing but trouble all around! i was going to buy a 911 from them recently but decided to pay more at another dealer than go back to them!!
Old 06-07-2009, 10:34 PM

2009 C63 AMG
I wouldn't buy from them, but I was always under the impression that they were always a decent service center. All I've had them do so far is perform an emissions check, but now maybe I should find a new service center.

I agree that all DC dealers are pretty slimy though.
Old 06-07-2009, 11:48 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Sorry to hear, I've had a bad experience with them as well.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:20 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 C300
Sorry to hear about your experience. Unfortunately Alexandria MB is worse and is the sister dealer to ASC. I migrated from them to HBL. Alexandria treated me like pond scum. I guess I need to buy a pricier car to get more respect.

I just had a good customer experience with HBL. My rear doorlock sticks after being replaced though. I will stop by there Wednesday. Service advisor BJ Algers was a good guy. He did however forget to call me back about prices for new foglights. Both mine are busted. May want to try Germantown MB now.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:49 AM

2003 E240
Lol there certainly are a lot of people that are dissatisfied with MB in this particular area of America. If you all complained today MB USA would do some firing. I'm sure given the current climate they would love to make some people redundant.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 E550, 2012 GL450, 2014 GLK350, 2015 S550, 2020 GLC350e
Complain to MBUSA especially with so many of you having issues. To the OP, contact a lawyer immediately.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:30 AM

2006 E55 AMG
I bought and had my car serviced at Euro Germantown. They had to replace a tire that had a gouge in the sidewall when I bought it. I took it in and they replaced it. It was raining that day (monsoon rain) and I didn't really check the car over because it was filthy anyway. Two days later I'm washing it and there are scratches on the wheel that they replaced the tire on. I called and spoke to the SM who asked to see the car. I told him I wasn't driving another hour and a half down there each way and that I'd send him pictures. He got them, acknowledged they made a mistake and told me to get them an estimate to have the wheel repaired. They sent me a check no questions asked. Even though they messed my wheel up, they made good on it in a few days.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:53 AM

Velvet Fleetwood
Originally Posted by Vik888
Complain to MBUSA especially with so many of you having issues. To the OP, contact a lawyer immediately.
+2, ASAP
Old 06-08-2009, 10:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Scraz51
Lol there certainly are a lot of people that are dissatisfied with MB in this particular area of America. If you all complained today MB USA would do some firing. I'm sure given the current climate they would love to make some people redundant.
NO, I have complained several times (my family owns 5 newer model mercedes) about MB of Alexandria for documented issues. Each times- mb takes the dealers side. I'm going to BMW, Porsche, or Audi after this car as is the rest of my family. I'm tired of it.

Last edited by itsmeek; 06-08-2009 at 10:10 AM.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by c3nthusiast
Sorry to hear about your experience. Unfortunately Alexandria MB is worse and is the sister dealer to ASC. I migrated from them to HBL. Alexandria treated me like pond scum. I guess I need to buy a pricier car to get more respect.

I just had a good customer experience with HBL. My rear doorlock sticks after being replaced though. I will stop by there Wednesday. Service advisor BJ Algers was a good guy. He did however forget to call me back about prices for new foglights. Both mine are busted. May want to try Germantown MB now.
Yes- MB of Alexandria is garbage. Those people are jerks- I will never go back to that dealership again no matter what they offer me. We have purchased 3 mercedes from them in the last few years (why, i don't know), and have 2 others that we take for service sometimes (no more). And they treat us like we are nobodies. No more.

Last edited by itsmeek; 06-08-2009 at 10:18 AM.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 C55, 09 E350
I would just email the GM@Alexandria/MBUSA with the link to this thread. I am sure they will not like the bad PR.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 E55
Originally Posted by JonMBZ
I would just email the GM@Alexandria/MBUSA with the link to this thread. I am sure they will not like the bad PR.
He will probably ignore them. I went to ASC at Ballston and wasn't happy with the service nor price. I hear less complains for HBL at Tysons then other places. and that where I am heading next.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 S55 (SOLD, miss it every day), 2009 GL550
I've been to HBL in Tysons for three visits since becoming an owner last month (and a half dozen while shopping *used* over the past year or so)

The first was to make an appt. for post-purchase repairs for my 2004 S55. I clearly did not buy the car from them, and clearly did not pay $100K for it, but was treated like I had by the service manager that entered my info into the system. The service rep to whom he assigned me didn't seem nearly as pleased to make my acquaintance, but whatever.

The second visit was for the actual service: oil change, infamous cup holder, and KG key batteries. Nothing fancy, no big ticket item to line their pockets. Due to CPO, the only charge to me was for the (most expensive) oil change (I'd ever seen ). $130, small change in that shop I'm sure. Again, I was treated excellently by everyone involved, despite obviously not having purchased a "fancy" car there.

The third visit was completely different. I hopped in my car one cold morning and was greeted by a TPMS warning that I should drive to the shop. OK, sounds serious, I better get that checked out. Note that it said to drive to the shop, not "Hey buddy, one of your tires is low, add some air". At lunch I went the dealer (about 1.5 miles from work), was greeted by the porter quite politely, looked for my service rep in his office, waited patiently until he was available, then explained what had happened. He looked at me like I was the idiot that some on here may still think I am (), like I was a complete moron (), and said "it means you need air in your tire." I said "but it didn't say that, it said "error" or "Malfunction" and to drive to the shop. He looked at me like was a deaf moron, unsure how to insult me without me knowing it. Little does he know, I'm not deaf.

The jist of this rambling is that I've been treated quite nicely by everyone in the service dept at HBL *except* my assigned service rep. Since he's just an attitude in size 6 shoes (tiny fellow), and not doing work on my car, I don't mind too much. I'm saving up my questions to go spend some time with him one day and get my pound of flesh in the form of much needed answers (like "why does my digital clock act like it's jumping through times zones? " "why does my COMAND not match the manual?" "what version of xxx do I have" "what does this button do?")

Last edited by i_am_amused; 06-08-2009 at 10:02 PM.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 E55
Originally Posted by i_am_amused
I've been to HBL in Tysons for three visits since becoming an owner last month (and a half dozen while shopping *used* over the past year or so)

The first was to make an appt. for post-purchase repairs for my 2004 S55. I clearly did not buy the car from them, and clearly did not pay $100K for it, but was treated like I had by the service manager that entered my info into the system. The service rep to whom he assigned me didn't seem nearly as pleased to make my acquaintance, but whatever.

The second visit was for the actual service: oil change, infamous cup holder, and KG key batteries. Nothing fancy, no big ticket item to line their pockets. Due to CPO, the only charge to me was for the (most expensive) oil change (I'd ever seen ). $130, small change in that shop I'm sure. Again, I was treated excellently by everyone involved, despite obviously not having purchased a "fancy" car there.

The third visit was completely different. I hopped in my car one cold morning and was greeted by a TPMS warning that I should drive to the shop. OK, sounds serious, I better get that checked out. Note that it said to drive to the shop, not "Hey buddy, one of your tires is low, add some air". At lunch I went the dealer (about 1.5 miles from work), was greeted by the porter quite politely, looked for my service rep in his office, waited patiently until he was available, then explained what had happened. He looked at me like I was the idiot that some on here may still think I am (), like I was a complete moron (), and said "it means you need air in your tire." I said "but it didn't say that, it said "error" or "Malfunction" and to drive to the shop. He looked at me like was a deaf moron, unsure how to insult me without me knowing it. Little does he know, I'm not deaf.

The jist of this rambling is that I've been treated quite nicely by everyone in the service dept at HBL *except* my assigned service rep. Since he's just an attitude in size 6 shoes (tiny fellow), and not doing work on my car, I don't mind too much. I'm saving up my questions to go spend some time with him one day and get my pound of flesh in the form of much needed answers (like "why does my digital clock act like it's jumping through times zones? " "why does my COMAND not match the manual?" "what version of xxx do I have" "what does this button do?")
thanks for input.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:32 AM

SL 500
I Disagree.

Sorry, you have a bad experience at HBL but I have been using them for 2 years, and I have nothing but positive experiences. Each time I go, I am always treated well, and my advisor is probably the most honest and down to earth guy, i have dealt w/ with.

This week, my ABC suspension leaked in the rear left side. Immediately I called HBL and talked to my advisor. He asked me to bring it first thing in the morning. At 7AM, i arrived there, talked to him, and got a free C300 rental.

At 430PM, he calls me and tells me there was a hose which went bad, checked everything out, looks good. Cost is zero. They even detailed the car, not wash..detailed..

So, my point is, there are good advisors out there, who take care of their customers..
Old 06-09-2009, 07:46 PM

I've bought two cars from HBL and both were disasters. The first car I purchased was when I was only 29 and was a porsche 996 c2. The ****ing dealer had the nerve to ask if my parents were going to co-sign and whether I needed their approval. needless to say i filed some serious complaints about that idiot and there was an apology by the manager.

the second was a 996 GT3. same shix different day. I come in to look at the car and ask questions and they give me all this bullshix telling me that the car is already sold and so I can't look at it or sit in it... I told them i'd go somewhere else since they weren't giving me any service... then when I was walking to my carrera (which I bought there) the dealer comes back out and says... oh he mistook me for someone else who had been haggling them and about how all these young kids who can' tafford the car look at it and never buy it so they mistook me for one of these guys... i was 33 then. after i bought it they were kissing my ***... for about 3 days... everytime i went there they were nice and all... then 3 months later when we went to visit all the people had changed and their old habits hit in and same ole poor service. they need some SERIOUS training lessons on customer management...

I own a townhouse behind the sheraton (2 minutes from HBL) which we use when we visit DC and everytime we pass by HBL i get really annoyed. it sucks because everytime i think about them i get agitated. needless to say, i never bought anything from them ever again. i don't even get my car serviced there even though it's still under warranty.

the customer service here in Korea is so much better i wish I could export this service to you guys....
Old 06-10-2009, 07:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 S55 (SOLD, miss it every day), 2009 GL550
Originally Posted by auclutch
I've bought two cars from HBL and both were disasters. The first car I purchased was when I was only 29 and was a porsche 996 c2. The ****ing dealer had the nerve to ask if my parents were going to co-sign and whether I needed their approval. needless to say i filed some serious complaints about that idiot and there was an apology by the manager.

the second was a 996 GT3. same shix different day. I come in to look at the car and ask questions and they give me all this bullshix telling me that the car is already sold and so I can't look at it or sit in it... I told them i'd go somewhere else since they weren't giving me any service... then when I was walking to my carrera (which I bought there) the dealer comes back out and says... oh he mistook me for someone else who had been haggling them and about how all these young kids who can' tafford the car look at it and never buy it so they mistook me for one of these guys... i was 33 then. after i bought it they were kissing my ***... for about 3 days... everytime i went there they were nice and all... then 3 months later when we went to visit all the people had changed and their old habits hit in and same ole poor service. they need some SERIOUS training lessons on customer management...

I own a townhouse behind the sheraton (2 minutes from HBL) which we use when we visit DC and everytime we pass by HBL i get really annoyed. it sucks because everytime i think about them i get agitated. needless to say, i never bought anything from them ever again. i don't even get my car serviced there even though it's still under warranty.

the customer service here in Korea is so much better i wish I could export this service to you guys....
While it is a part of the HBL family, the Porsche/Audi dealer is not the same dealer as the MB dealer. It's accross Rt. 7, and is managed by a different staff. I've shopped there, and was impressed until it came time to buy. "I'll give you all the money in the world for your trade" became "let me rip you off", and they simply refused to hear me say I wasn't interested in their special financing offer (some loan/lease/balloon payment setup - no way!). It was quite annoying and very disappointing. My opinion of the dealership dropped 90% that day, and I did not, and probably never will, buy from them.

As for service there, no experience.

On the other hand, the held a great launch party for the 2009 A4. It was catered with great food. Alcohol was served, which was weird considering the test drives going on...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Do Not Service Your car with "Mercedes of Tysons Corner"!!! You Are Hereby Warned!!!