C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

question about power mods on CLS55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 08:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 & CL CK60
question about power mods on CLS55

Forgive me for sounding naive as I am not the smartest when it comes to performance mods.

Basically what I want to know is when modifying should I use all the same vendor (i.e. Kleemann, Renntech, etc.) or can I mix and match? I am especially curious when it comes to the ECU. Seems like each vendors tune would be geared toward their specs (intake, headers, etc.) but I may be mistaken.

I also would like to know your feedback on what order I should do the mods in. Here is the schedule I was considering:

1. 180mm Pulley, intercooler upgrade, ecu
2. Headers (or should I do headers at the same time as pulley and then do the ECU?)
3. Throttle body upgrade

Any other MUST HAVE performance mods? The ones above seem to be the most common but perhaps I am missing something. I already got the wheels and the ELM.

Thanks for your help!!
Old 06-23-2009, 11:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can mix and match vendors, it doesnt really matter as most performance parts are similar in terms of specs. A pulley from one vendor wont be much different from another, unless they specify they're difference sizes.

I think you're right on track in terms of mods, do the pulley and ecu, then you can wait on the headers. I personally like to do the mods one at a time so I can notice the difference with each mod, and see if it added power or not. After headers, pulley, and ecu, you should be happy with the performance and wont need much else, unless you wanna get up in the 700~800 hp range...