C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

How To Transfer Title?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 04:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS 55 AMG
How To Transfer Title?

Anyone ever have any experience buying a car from someone that has the title in their co. name. I have a deal to purchase a 06 CLS 55 with 33,000 miles, mint condition except 3 bent rims which are being repaired as we speak. The seller didn't tell me the title was in his co. name (he claims to be the CEO). He claims this mortgage co. is or is going out of business.
Well my credit union won't finance the deal until he sends over a "Article of Corp." which he is having problems delivering. Something about he and car is FL. the co. originated in California and since it has went out of business he would have to fly out to Ca. to find document. Does this sound wishy washy on his part? I sent him a $500 deposit thru paypal and also spent $180 on a dealer inspection.
Old 07-22-2009, 12:01 PM

1991 560SEC Teal 1989 420SEL Ice Blue 1984 500SEC White
Originally Posted by ITSEL33
Anyone ever have any experience buying a car from someone that has the title in their co. name. I have a deal to purchase a 06 CLS 55 with 33,000 miles, mint condition except 3 bent rims which are being repaired as we speak. The seller didn't tell me the title was in his co. name (he claims to be the CEO). He claims this mortgage co. is or is going out of business.
Well my credit union won't finance the deal until he sends over a "Article of Corp." which he is having problems delivering. Something about he and car is FL. the co. originated in California and since it has went out of business he would have to fly out to Ca. to find document. Does this sound wishy washy on his part? I sent him a $500 deposit thru paypal and also spent $180 on a dealer inspection.
1st) Is it a god deal?

2nd) Have him give you the title, and you give him a document stating value of car as well as an uninvolved 3rd party to hold the car such as an appraiser.
Than transfer title, get the loan from credit union, pay the buyer at the appraiser or whomever you to decide to use as a 3rd party and call it a day.

3rd) Use a credit card and have the seller stay with you through Motor Vehicle titling and registering of the car.

If the guy is real I see no problem as long as you have good credit.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:49 PM

CLS 55 AMG
Originally Posted by BENZITCH
1st) Is it a god deal?

2nd) Have him give you the title, and you give him a document stating value of car as well as an uninvolved 3rd party to hold the car such as an appraiser.
Than transfer title, get the loan from credit union, pay the buyer at the appraiser or whomever you to decide to use as a 3rd party and call it a day.

3rd) Use a credit card and have the seller stay with you through Motor Vehicle titling and registering of the car.

If the guy is real I see no problem as long as you have good credit.
The credit union won't even touch it unless he produces some "articles of incorporation". I did find out today that he is no longer the CEO of the co. So the only way this goes down is if he changes the title to his name.