Tell me if i have left anything out.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 03:12 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by jikjak
i think the VRP x-pipe is made by vadim. i have two of them (one ordered bought as a VRP xpipe and one as part of vadim's midsection kit) and they are the same size and look the same.

anyways the second one i have is brand new and for sale if anyone wants it.
Ok all this MB terminology is becoming confusing. We have Headers, a mid pipe and a cat-back. Im looking for headers and the complete section that links the headers to the cat-back exhaust.
Old 08-20-2009, 03:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG & RRS S/C
someone correct me if im wrong but stock setup goes like this:

headers -> primary cats -> midsection (h-pipe and secondary cats -> resonator -> muffler

well my setup as of right now goes like this:

Kleeman header -> kleeman downpipe (primary cats deleted) ->stock midsection (h-pipe and secondary cats) -> X-pipe (replaces resonator) -> AMG muffler

i will be installing vadim's midsection kit on mine in a couple weeks (along with the HE) in order get rid of the stock H-pipe and the secondary cats. the only stock part i will have left are the mufflers and tips.

hope this helps!
Old 08-20-2009, 03:55 PM
Banned

CLS55 AMG

headers -> primary cats -> midsection (h-pipe and secondary cats -> resonator -> muffler

Kleeman header -> kleeman downpipe (primary cats deleted) ->stock midsection (h-pipe and secondary cats) -> X-pipe (replaces resonator) -> AMG muffler

i will be installing vadim's midsection kit on mine in a couple weeks (along with the HE) in order get rid of the stock H-pipe and the secondary cats. the only stock part i will have left are the mufflers and tips.

hope this helps!

Maybe im confused because in most other vehicles the "primary cats -> midsection (h-pipe and secondary cats -> resonator ->" is all one complete section. What im looking for is a mid-pipe with two high flow cats a cross over section that will bolt between my headers and the AMG cat-back exhaust system.

You're making 48Xwhp with a stock mid section and no heat exchanger WOW thats impressive.

Last edited by Full Throttle; 08-20-2009 at 04:30 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 CLS55 AMG; 2006 Infiniti FX45;

hope this helps!
JikJak,
Why did you wrap your Kleemann headers? Reason? Thx bro.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG & RRS S/C
Originally Posted by Full Throttle
Maybe im confused because in most other vehicles the "primary cats -> midsection (h-pipe and secondary cats -> resonator ->" is all one complete section. What im looking for is a mid-pipe with two high flow cats a cross over section that will bolt between my headers and the AMG cat-back exhaust system.

You're making 48Xwhp with a stock mid section and no heat exchanger WOW thats impressive.
well u could use high flow cats in place of your primaries. that would also work with shory headers. for the midsection, vadim's kit is the only one i know of.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG & RRS S/C
Originally Posted by von32897
JikJak,
Why did you wrap your Kleemann headers? Reason? Thx bro.
i didnt have time to coat the headers since i was in a rush to have them installed for the dyno day so i just used heat wrap. it helps keeps the heat in the pipes instead of going into the engine bay.
Old 08-21-2009, 05:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

cls 55 or FIAT Coupe T20v-6speed
i didnt have time to coat the headers since i was in a rush to have them installed for the dyno day so i just used heat wrap. it helps keeps the heat in the pipes instead of going into the engine bay.

hi,
if you had a chance to compare with another set with non-wrapped Klee, can you tell if wrapping had a substantial damping effect on sound/noise from the hood ?
Old 08-21-2009, 05:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG & RRS S/C
sorry dyno i have never got that chance.
i dont think it would make a difference in terms of sound though
Old 08-21-2009, 05:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

cls 55 or FIAT Coupe T20v-6speed
I was on the point of buying that tape a lot of times, especially because I was looking at noise damping (our stock manifolds are double layered to keep noise down)
I was also thinking at some kind of shield with aluminium (SLR style or old 4-cyl engine style) ...

apart from the noise effect, wrapping should help with scavenging and with keeping down engine bay heat ... but somebody is saying that if headers are less than extremely good quality SS they would crack ..
Old 08-21-2009, 07:01 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
if you are going through all the trouble of replacing primary cats, mid section x pipe etc....might as well go LT as you will just hack your stock exhust to death with the first option

PM me if you want Chris's contact

can not coment on power as i have yet to test, but sevral well modded 55's here have them labled under VRP long tubes

if power is what you want the go

pulley
header (short or long)
TB
ECU tune
upgrade cooling and addition HE

this nets you around 490-520rwhp mark

Last edited by Zod; 08-21-2009 at 07:03 AM.
Old 08-21-2009, 08:02 AM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Zod
if you are going through all the trouble of replacing primary cats, mid section x pipe etc....might as well go LT as you will just hack your stock exhust to death with the first option

PM me if you want Chris's contact

can not coment on power as i have yet to test, but sevral well modded 55's here have them labled under VRP long tubes

if power is what you want the go

pulley
header (short or long)
TB
ECU tune
upgrade cooling and addition HE

this nets you around 490-520rwhp mark
500whp is definitely my goal. What size pulley will i need to achieve this i had a 190mm in mind. If you guys don't think the air box and cat-back are needed that will save me a LOT of money.
Old 08-21-2009, 08:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG & RRS S/C
IMO, cat back definitely isnt needed. i think that the airbox actually helps, esp with a highly modded car.

as for all those exhaust pieces, u wont have to hack up your oem exhaust if u buy all the pieces and install them together. the oem stuff will be removed and replaced by the new stuff. i think the only thing u may have to cut is the resonator (u could also leave it).
Old 08-21-2009, 08:38 AM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
IMO, cat back definitely isnt needed. i think that the airbox actually helps, esp with a highly modded car.

as for all those exhaust pieces, u wont have to hack up your oem exhaust if u buy all the pieces and install them together. the oem stuff will be removed and replaced by the new stuff. i think the only thing u may have to cut is the resonator (u could also leave it).
Air box and throttle body?
Old 08-21-2009, 08:57 AM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
1) LT`s
2) Ported heads!!!!!!!
3) High Stall Converter
4) Stay with 180mm Pulley. IMO Motor effeciency over spinning the blower faster.

Say no to air box! No to aftermarket mufflers. Say no to Cams. Say NO to DRUGS.Ha

5) Cooling mods??

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 08-21-2009, 09:01 AM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Exotic-metal55
1) LT`s
2) Ported heads!!!!!!!
3) High Stall Converter
4) Stay with 180mm Pulley. IMO Motor effeciency over spinning the blower faster.

Say no to air box! No to aftermarket mufflers. Say no to Cams. Say NO to DRUGS.Ha

5) Cooling mods??
What cooling mods above a heat exchanger do you recommend?
Old 08-21-2009, 11:15 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
I missed that you had H/R on your list. Do you have the same H/R as a E class or something else?
Old 08-22-2009, 05:00 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
500whp is definitely my goal. What size pulley will i need to achieve this i had a 190mm in mind. If you guys don't think the air box and cat-back are needed that will save me a LOT of money.
you get 490-500 with just a 164-165mm pulley
bigger ones will net you 10-20 more rwhp but also will run much hotter i belive.

Aitbox shows more gain the more you are modded i belive.
if you go 82mm tb you will be stucck at the intake and y pipe need to modfy them.
Old 08-22-2009, 02:17 PM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Zod
you get 490-500 with just a 164-165mm pulley
bigger ones will net you 10-20 more rwhp but also will run much hotter i belive.

Aitbox shows more gain the more you are modded i belive.
if you go 82mm tb you will be stucck at the intake and y pipe need to modfy them.
Im looking for 500whp the TB's i have seen come with the y pipe.
Old 08-22-2009, 03:12 PM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Im looking for 500whp the TB's i have seen come with the y pipe.
check they are not just reusing the 80mm Y pipe...

I have yet to see or hear of one, unless it's custom
Old 08-24-2009, 09:57 AM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
Thanks for the help everyone.

To the vendors i will be placing this order the first week of September. If any of you want to handle a $12,000'ish order please let me know. The only vendor that seems interested is Vivid.
Old 11-27-2009, 08:04 AM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
Just an Update

Its looking like The car will be going to EuroCharged for their stage 3 package+ cams x-pipe and -Meisterschaft exhaust. I have utterly enjoyed the communication and feedback provided by Eurocharged while considering this buildup. We are shooting for early december installation and tuning at their facility.
Old 11-27-2009, 03:19 PM

Looking for CLS55 AMG
i was gonna say hit up eurocharged. looks like you made a good decision.
Old 11-27-2009, 08:28 PM

CLS55
The AMG exhaust is highly tuned as is, a simple CAT delete and MBH longtubes are your best bet! Im sure you've seen the post with the 50whp gain on my bone stock 55, honestly all the other headers out there are a waist of time!
Old 11-27-2009, 10:18 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by hoolamonster
The AMG exhaust is highly tuned as is, a simple CAT delete and MBH longtubes are your best bet! Im sure you've seen the post with the 50whp gain on my bone stock 55, honestly all the other headers out there are a waist of time!
Thanks for the shameless promotion bro. lol
Old 11-28-2009, 07:12 AM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by hoolamonster
I did see the post and the gains with your header are very impressive. I will speak with Greg at EuroCharged. We are planning to use their E55 header included in their stage 3 package. If he feels this will require to much fabrication i will be in contact with you for a set of yours with Jet hot coating. How soon could you turn this job around?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tell me if i have left anything out.