C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

Vendors please explain the inflated pricing.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 11:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL63
How about Full Throttle Racing Enterprise or FT Racing LTD ?
Old 09-09-2009, 02:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 Granite Grey CLS55
Originally Posted by turbotom1
year model sold vehicles
2004 E55 3,218
2005 E55 2,214
2006 E55 1,187
2007 E63 1,353
- - - - - - - - - -
2006 CLS55 2,765
2007 CLS63 699

https://mbworld.org/forums/attachmen...0&d=1211727371

GTR
2008 1,730
2009 2,400 (estimated)

http://nissangtrclub.com/showthread.php?t=2139

http://www.2009gtr.com/2009/02/january-gt-r-sales.html

This about sums up the whole thread...

Why are you paying more for something that SHOULD cost less? Because the market for aftermarket parts for these vehicles is slacking ! Anyone that mass produces parts for the AMG's will only make a limited number, and sell it for more simply because there's not enough buyers to make THOUSANDS of the same product so it can be sold for less. The parts for your Cobras and Supras is cheaper because there's a bigger market for it, so they don't have to worry about selling it more when they DEFINITELY know they will make their money back + a ton on top.

Give it a few years and I guarantee you'll be seeing "engineered" products at a fraction of the current cost.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:49 AM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by X-Vert
This about sums up the whole thread...

Why are you paying more for something that SHOULD cost less? Because the market for aftermarket parts for these vehicles is slacking ! Anyone that mass produces parts for the AMG's will only make a limited number, and sell it for more simply because there's not enough buyers to make THOUSANDS of the same product so it can be sold for less. The parts for your Cobras and Supras is cheaper because there's a bigger market for it, so they don't have to worry about selling it more when they DEFINITELY know they will make their money back + a ton on top.

Give it a few years and I guarantee you'll be seeing "engineered" products at a fraction of the current cost.
There are many small shops in other communities that make some incredible parts in very small numbers for very fair prices. I believe as mentioned before. We are getting the clueless MB owner tax. I am of the opinion that many vendors prey on the fact that to be honest. Most of us have tons of disposable income and we really have no frame of reference as to what these parts should cost or care. Could i along with most here just drop our cars of at one of the big name shops and get the *works* of course. However i just cant rationalize paying inflated prices for something thats worth a fraction of the asking price.

One thing i will say is that im glad to see only 2765 CLS55's were produced.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:53 AM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
How about Full Throttle Racing Enterprise or FT Racing LTD ?
Honestly i would love to see some of the big players in the Supra/DSM communities become involved in our cars. I would farm out my CLS for R&D in a second. I have actually been in contact with one of the big Supra shops about using my car as a test bed for parts fabrication.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:59 PM
Banned

SL600
Originally Posted by Full Throttle
Honestly i would love to see some of the big players in the Supra/DSM communities become involved in our cars. I would farm out my CLS for R&D in a second. I have actually been in contact with one of the big Supra shops about using my car as a test bed for parts fabrication.
And I think that's the only way we're ever going to see 1000hp++ AMGs; the tuners we have now are tame comparatively.

The one thing I do believe tuners like Renntech and Brabus do have going for them is reliability. Their power kits are designed to gain as much possible horsepower out of the engine without having to rebuild at 1000 mile intervals a la maxxed out 4 Bangers (Evos) and other high-powered cars (they make one pass down the track, and it's back to the garage for a retune). I trust Brabus as much as AMG, in that picking up my SV12S from Brabus I can rest assured my 100K has been spent on a product that I wont be returning for a rebuild in a month or two.

It's a tug-o-war between horsepower and reliability. The higher in power you go, the less reliable your car becomes. Brabus has found a perfect balance. I suppose depending on your outlook, it just might be worth the 100K. Certainly not to me, but I'm sure as their survival must confirm, there is a niche in the market that demands performance without compromising a hint of reliability.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:17 PM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Akademiks
And I think that's the only way we're ever going to see 1000hp++ AMGs; the tuners we have now are tame comparatively.

The one thing I do believe tuners like Renntech and Brabus do have going for them is reliability. Their power kits are designed to gain as much possible horsepower out of the engine without having to rebuild at 1000 mile intervals a la maxxed out 4 Bangers (Evos) and other high-powered cars (they make one pass down the track, and it's back to the garage for a retune). I trust Brabus as much as AMG, in that picking up my SV12S from Brabus I can rest assured my 100K has been spent on a product that I wont be returning for a rebuild in a month or two.

It's a tug-o-war between horsepower and reliability. The higher in power you go, the less reliable your car becomes. Brabus has found a perfect balance. I suppose depending on your outlook, it just might be worth the 100K. Certainly not to me, but I'm sure as their survival must confirm, there is a niche in the market that demands performance without compromising a hint of reliability.
Some said the same about company's like Apexi,HKS, and Greddy in the early days or import tuning. Now company's like Sound Performance, Titan, Boostlogic, AMS Buschur and others have proven that this is not always an accurate assessment. However i do understand your point of view.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:27 PM
Banned

SL600
Some said the same about company's like Apexi,HKS, and Greddy in the early days or import tuning. Now company's like Sound Performance, Titan, Boostlogic, AMS Buschur and others have proven that this is not always an accurate assessment. However i do understand your point of view.
Don't get me wrong though, as much as I can appreciate what Brabus is doing, I would never spend 100K with them. I'd rather farm my car out to a Supra tuner or what have you, as you have mentioned. But then again, I'd be willing to deal with all the problems that come with 1000++hp cars lol

Can you clarify your previous post? What's wrong with HKS or Sound Performance?
Old 09-09-2009, 01:33 PM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Akademiks
Don't get me wrong though, as much as I can appreciate what Brabus is doing, I would never spend 100K with them. I'd rather farm my car out to a Supra tuner or what have you, as you have mentioned. But then again, I'd be willing to deal with all the problems that come with 1000++hp cars lol

Can you clarify your previous post? What's wrong with HKS or Sound Performance?
Nothing at all. I was saying that early on names like HKS and APEXI were the only trusted names in import tuning. Many believed that if it was not a HKS,GREDDY or APEXI manufactured part is was trash. Companys like Titan and Buschur have proven this not to be accurate, and have pushed the envelope past what those large name companys could ever dream of.
Old 09-09-2009, 05:07 PM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
I think i may just pick up this puppy and kenne bell it. For $21,500 its a steal, and 650whp is a blower swap away. When i see stuff like this it makes it pretty hard to justify moding my baby

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/8649708-post1.html
Old 09-18-2009, 07:30 PM

SL63
Speaking of test beds, found this today, so much for discounted Chinese copies flooding the market. Chinese products are not so inexpensive anymore, in fact they like to charge the same as US suppliers.
PLM MERCEDES HEADER MANIFOLD E63 C63 CLS63 EVOSPORT VRP

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PLM-M...=p4506.c0.m245

LIST PRICE 3995 USD / CURRENT AVAILABLE FOR ALL V8 5.5l AND 6.3l AMG CARS.

Please inquire for your special eBay introductory pricing, or use the "best offer" button.

We're currently looking for 5.5l and 6.3l AMG cars for sponsorship to promote our headers. Please inquire within.
Old 09-21-2009, 06:16 PM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
Speaking of test beds, found this today, so much for discounted Chinese copies flooding the market. Chinese products are not so inexpensive anymore, in fact they like to charge the same as US suppliers.
PLM MERCEDES HEADER MANIFOLD E63 C63 CLS63 EVOSPORT VRP

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PLM-M...=p4506.c0.m245

LIST PRICE 3995 USD / CURRENT AVAILABLE FOR ALL V8 5.5l AND 6.3l AMG CARS.

Please inquire for your special eBay introductory pricing, or use the "best offer" button.

We're currently looking for 5.5l and 6.3l AMG cars for sponsorship to promote our headers. Please inquire within.
NO worries im over it. Im keeping my baby stock and building a 996T or another MKIV.